A Nation at Cross Roads - A 2024 Election Game (Sign-up & OOC Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:02:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Nation at Cross Roads - A 2024 Election Game (Sign-up & OOC Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Poll
Question: Which News Org Should Cover Results?
CNN
Fox News
MSNBC
ABC
CBS
NBC
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: A Nation at Cross Roads - A 2024 Election Game (Sign-up & OOC Thread)  (Read 8844 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2019, 05:09:22 PM »

I'll start writing the first turn Tonight as well as the first debates later tonight. Highly recommend everyone write-up and post announcement speeches here, as they can give you a primary bounce.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2019, 08:33:28 PM »

I'll start writing the first turn Tonight as well as the first debates later tonight. Highly recommend everyone write-up and post announcement speeches here, as they can give you a primary bounce.

What if you've already put them in the gameplay thread
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2019, 08:42:04 PM »

What if you've already put them in the gameplay thread

It won't be counted against you.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2019, 04:26:56 AM »

Polis '24: For the Many, Not the Few

Governor Jared Polis is taking the plunge for the 2024 Democratic nomination folling a successful re-election campaign in 2022

(credit: Wikimedia Commons)

"Thank you for being here in Boulder today, ladies and gentlemen.

First, i wanted to thank you all for putting your trust in me many times over in the last 23 years. Whether is was the Board of Education, Congress or as your governor, you have seen fit to put me to work for you again and again.

But that is not the only reason I am here today. It's often said our nation stands at a crossroads. Well I believe we are headed firmly down a dark road. Our civil liberties are being trampled every day, the workers of this country are barely surviving on subsistence wages, and we have an entire political party that denies climate change.

This needs to change yesterday.

That is why I am declaring my candidacy for President of the United States of America!

We will defend civil liberties! We will raise the minimum wage! We will repeal the Taft-Hartley Act to ensure our workers get a fair shake! We will fight climate change! We will ensure that we leave a better world for the future!

Thank you and God bless the United States!
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2019, 11:00:24 AM »

Is it too late to join in?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2019, 11:06:14 AM »

nope.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2019, 11:19:30 AM »

Is Puretio Rico now a state?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2019, 11:54:40 AM »

No, but Governors can still run for President (Luis Fortuno was a speculated candidate for the 2012 Rep Primary)
raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2019, 11:59:27 AM »

Sherrod Brown 2024
Rebuild America.

Announcement Speech

"It's great to be back home in Mansfield!

Y'know, there was a lot of people telling me to host this speech in Iowa or New Hampshire, or even Cleveland, but there's no place I'd rather make such an important announcement than in my birthtown, the 'Fun Center of Ohio,' as it's nicknamed.

Today, here in my birth city, Mansfield, and in the great state of Ohio – the buckeye state, the mother of Presidents, the birthplace of aviation, the heart of it all – I am proud to announce my candidacy for President of the United States of America.

'Equality of opportunity… Jobs for those who can work… Security for those who need it… The ending of special privilege for the few… The preservation of civil liberties for all… a wider and constantly rising standard of living.' That is the promise of America. It's America's basic bargain, it was President Roosevelt's testament to our nation's unmatched aspiration. His legacy lifted up a nation and inspired presidents who followed.

And so, we embark on this journey together; to reclaim the basic bargain that built the largest middle class and the most prosperous nation on Earth. We come together because we believe that in America, your success shouldn’t be determined by the circumstances of your birth.  If you’re willing to work hard, you should be able to have and maintain a good-paying job.  If you’re willing to meet your responsibilities, you should be able to own a home, maybe start a business, give your children the chance to do even better - no matter who you are, or where you come from, or what you look like: that is the basic dignity of work.

We come together because our country had strayed from these basic values.  Too many small businesses have shut down. Wages have stayed stagnant. Manufacturing has left our shores.  A shrinking number of Americans did fantastically well, while most people struggled with falling incomes, rising costs, and slower job growth. It's time we took the mantle and begun the work of rebuilding America. Tonight, we create a vision for our country.

And we begin our message on one simple vision: rebuild America. To understand how we can do that, we have to realize who built America to begin with; and we built it together. We built railroads and highways, the Hoover Dam, the Golden Gate Bridge together.  We instituted a minimum wage and worker safety laws together.  Together, we touched the surface of the moon, unlocked the mystery of the atom, connected the world through our own science and imagination.  We did these things together, not because they benefited any particular individual or group, but because they made us all richer.  Because they gave us all opportunity.  Because they moved us forward together, as one people, as one nation.

It's because I've seen the promise of America in my own life. My parents would have never dreamed that their son would be a U.S. Senator, let alone run for president. But for too many of our fellow Americans, the dream of progress and opportunity is being denied by the grind of an economy that funnels all the wealth to the top. During periods of great depressions and recessions, the middle class has continued to be beaten down repeatedly. Massive tax breaks given to the wealthy, borrowing money to pay for two endless wars, and falling incomes for middle class families. Wealth trickled up from the middle class to the rich. You know where we ended up.

But, as we have since our founding, Americans made a new beginning. You worked extra shifts, took second jobs, postponed home repairs… you figured out how to make it work. And now people are beginning to think about their future again – going to college, starting a business, buying a house, finally being able to put away something for retirement. Now is the time for millions of middle class working families to come together to revive that dream, to revitalize American democracy, to end the collapse of the American middle class and to make certain that our children and grandchildren are able to enjoy a quality of life that brings them health, prosperity, security and joy – and that once again makes the United States the leader in the world in economic prosperity for it's middle class.

We can live in a country where:
- we keep American jobs and industry here in America.
- the minimum wage is one people can live on.
- voting rights are extensively protected.
- workers have the freedom to organize for fair wages by repealing Taft- Hartley.
- childcare and college is affordable and universal.
- billionaires and millionaires don't control our democracy with tougher campaign finance laws.
- civil liberties are protected by repealing the so-called 'PATRIOT Act.'
- big banks cannot gamble with your money by re-implementing Glass- Steagall
- our infrastructure is no longer crumbling and re-invested in.

That is the nation we can build together, and I ask you to join me in this campaign to build a future that works for the hard working middle and lower class families. Today, I ask you on this wonderful day in Mansfield, Ohio, to join me on this journey. Thank you, Ohio, and god bless our country."
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2019, 12:02:30 PM »

No, but Governors can still run for President (Luis Fortuno was a speculated candidate for the 2012 Rep Primary)

I will Pm you my request
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2019, 01:30:02 PM »

Governor Ivan Rodríguez presidential announcement speech

I come to you today to announce my candidacy for the Republican Nomination of the United States. I support President Trump and this past 7 years however the division hasn’t been healed quite yet.  I want to run on a campaign that runs on healing the division from both parties.   When I was elected  governor of  Puerto Rico In a recall election back in 2019. I was able to heal the wounds of the governorship of Ricardo Rosselló and his corruptness and was able to bring back the Puerto Rico I grew up and loved.

And I want to do that with America.  I have always helped my land even during my days as a Hall of Fame catcher for the Texas Rangers Detroit Tigers and many others.  I want to work everyone on the issues at hand just not my party but all of the parties involved. I want you to join me as I take my next step throughout my journey. I can remember my days in the early and mid 80s before my baseball days where I was first job involved delivering flyers in the shopping malls in Puerto Rico.

I never thought I would be a Hall of Fame catcher let alone a President Candidate.  Thank you for hearing me and join me on this next part of my journey!

Vengo a ustedes hoy para anunciar mi candidatura para la nominación republicana de los Estados Unidos. Apoyo al presidente Trump y los últimos 7 años, sin embargo, la división aún no se ha curado. Quiero correr en una campaña que se ejecuta en la curación de la división de ambas partes. Cuando fui elegido gobernador de Puerto Rico en una elección revocatoria en 2019. Pude sanar las heridas del gobernador de Ricardo Rosselló y su corrupción y pude traer de vuelta a Puerto Rico. Crecí y amé.

Y quiero hacer eso con Estados Unidos. Siempre he ayudado a mi tierra incluso durante mis días como receptor del Salón de la Fama para los Texas Rangers Detroit Tigers y muchos otros. Quiero trabajar con todos en los temas en cuestión, no solo mi parte, sino todas las partes involucradas. Quiero que te unas a mí mientras doy el siguiente paso en mi viaje. Puedo recordar mis días a principios y mediados de los 80, antes de mis días de béisbol, donde trabajé por primera vez entregando volantes en los centros comerciales de Puerto Rico.

Nunca pensé que sería un receptor del Salón de la Fama y mucho menos un candidato a presidente. ¡Gracias por escucharme y únete a mí en esta próxima parte de mi viaje
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2019, 08:44:29 PM »

November 3rd, 2020 : President Donald Trump is re-elected by a landslide over Senator Elizabeth Warren, winning 396 electoral votes and 44.5 % of the vote over Warren’s 142 electoral votes and 43.3 %. Meanwhile, Tulsi Gabbard takes 10.1 % of the vote, but did not win any state. In the senate elections, the Democrats gained 1 senate seat in Arizona, Colorado, and North Carolina, decreasing the Republican Majority of seats to 57 compared to the Democrats’ 43. The Republicans gain 8 seats in the House and pick up Montana and Washington State with their gubernatorial candidates, Tim Fox and Phil Bryant respectfully, while Jason Kander picks up Missouri for the Democrats as well as David Zuckerman in Vermont, Joe Manchin in West Virginia, and Steve Marchand in New Hampshire, bringing the total governors to 32 Republicans and 18 Democrats.

Trump/Rubio : 350/44.5 %
Warren/Sinema : 138/43.3 %
Gabbard/Conova : 4/10.1 %
Others : 0/2.1 %

------

The popular vote is correct here on your listing under the paragraph, but it shows Trump with 350 rather than 396 and Warren with 138 rather than 142 and Gabbard with 4 rather than 0? What is the map in this
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2019, 09:06:40 PM »

November 3rd, 2020 : President Donald Trump is re-elected by a landslide over Senator Elizabeth Warren, winning 396 electoral votes and 44.5 % of the vote over Warren’s 142 electoral votes and 43.3 %. Meanwhile, Tulsi Gabbard takes 10.1 % of the vote, but did not win any state. In the senate elections, the Democrats gained 1 senate seat in Arizona, Colorado, and North Carolina, decreasing the Republican Majority of seats to 57 compared to the Democrats’ 43. The Republicans gain 8 seats in the House and pick up Montana and Washington State with their gubernatorial candidates, Tim Fox and Phil Bryant respectfully, while Jason Kander picks up Missouri for the Democrats as well as David Zuckerman in Vermont, Joe Manchin in West Virginia, and Steve Marchand in New Hampshire, bringing the total governors to 32 Republicans and 18 Democrats.

Trump/Rubio : 350/44.5 %
Warren/Sinema : 138/43.3 %
Gabbard/Conova : 4/10.1 %
Others : 0/2.1 %

------

The popular vote is correct here on your listing under the paragraph, but it shows Trump with 350 rather than 396 and Warren with 138 rather than 142 and Gabbard with 4 rather than 0? What is the map in this

The Original script had it being a massive landslide but I decided to lower it down a bit. there was a lot of stuff there, so I probably didn't catch it.

, though Trump won most Dem States (NV, CO, VA), by .5-1 %, not really landslide wins there.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2019, 09:53:18 PM »

Just raising a few concerns. Denuclearization of North Korea? Democratizing two states that are by no means openly democratic?

Those two achievements alone would guarantee a Republican victory.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2019, 10:06:07 PM »

Just raising a few concerns. Denuclearization of North Korea? Democratizing two states that are by no means openly democratic?

Those two achievements alone would guarantee a Republican victory.

Not really. Trump walked over the DMZ in North Korea OTL, yet it seems like he has no real change happening. the real thing is, most americans don't care about the rest of the world in the 2010s and 2020s. We mainly care about ourselves, so the election will be more focused on domestic policy then foreign policy. The international events are only available for candidates to comment on and gave their view on, as they will have little to no direct impact for the united states as a whole.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2019, 10:49:12 PM »

I have a few concerns about this being stacked in Republicans’ favor, but I think I’ll jump in as Tammy Duckworth if there’s still room for candidates.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2019, 11:17:12 PM »

I have a few concerns about this being stacked in Republicans’ favor, but I think I’ll jump in as Tammy Duckworth if there’s still room for candidates.

there is room for any candidate until the primaries unless you're an Independent, so granted.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2019, 11:28:04 PM »

Sharice Davids?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2019, 12:01:41 AM »

Granted
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2019, 04:09:36 PM »

Tammy Duckworth Announces Presidential Run in Chicago

Tammy Duckworth: giving birth shouldn't force me to give up my Senate vote on key bills - Vox

"Hello, Chicago! Five years ago, I became the first Senator to give birth while in office, and I learned a lesson that working mothers around the country have all learned at some point, that the rules were not written for us. You know there's a problem when there's no rule in your workplace that allows for paid family leave, or for caring for your child at the workplace. I know that balancing workplace and parental responsibilities is a challenge that many of us, men and women, experience every day, and I believe that our policies need to adapt to that reality.

Ten years ago, I had the pleasure of getting pregnant. Like many parents, it was a journey to get there. I was in my forties, having chosen to continue serving in the army when many of my peers began having babies, and my VA doctor told me that I was too old. It was when I went to a fertility doctor that I was able to conceive my first daughter. It turns out, my doctor worked at a facility that did not allow for fertilizing embryos outside of the body, and I was never informed. This simple fact made the difference in my ability to conceive, my ability to be a mother. I know that if the former Director of the Illinois Veterans Affairs could miss that information, then many other families could have as well, and I believe it's time to modernize our healthcare system where this kind of information is transparent, so that people can make informed decisions with the help of their medical professionals.

Nineteen years ago, I lost both of my legs while serving in the Iraq War. I am so thankful for the heroes who saved my life that day, and for the quality care that I received. It was this moment where I decided to dedicate my life to public service, whether it be working with veterans with PTSD as the Director of the Illinois Veterans Affairs, or modernizing parental policies in the Senate, I have felt the call to serve my country. It's because of this very call that I'm here today.

I'm here to announce that I am running for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States. After eight years of division, of partisanship, and gridlock, it's time for a President who can unite and serve every American. We need a President committed to keeping assault weapons off the streets, we need a paid parental leave policy that allows us to tackle the wage gap, and we need to address our education system, giving our teachers a raise and modernizing our classrooms. That's why I'm running for President, to fight for every single one of these issues keeping us up at night."
raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2019, 11:22:09 PM »

When can we start asking for endorsements?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2019, 11:32:25 PM »

you can start asking now.

those polling in double digits can ask for four while those polling in single digits can ask for two.
raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2019, 12:16:55 AM »

those polling in double digits can ask for four while those polling in single digits can ask for two.

If that's the case I'd like endorsements of Senator Bernie Sanders, Senator Elizabeth Warren, Senator Amy Klobuchar, and Senator Jeanne Shaheen.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2019, 05:28:57 AM »

If that's the case I'd like endorsements of Senator Bernie Sanders, Senator Elizabeth Warren, Senator Amy Klobuchar, and Senator Jeanne Shaheen.

All granted. Next time pm me though.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2019, 10:46:53 AM »

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tDy0h3iOsblII45xyXhr6xNVTOfRl92n-EmWAoywjs0/edit Just finished up the House of Representatives for this game. UT-04 is currently not occupied as the special election will occur with the 2019 gubernatorial elections.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tzQPCQXn7pkv4GoiPq7gT4bhX0NrE2weez9y6HIGvBk/edit

This is the Primaries schedule and the Delegate counts.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies