AL-Moore Strategy Group (Tuberville internal): Tuberville 33, Bryne 17, Moore 15
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:15:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  AL-Moore Strategy Group (Tuberville internal): Tuberville 33, Bryne 17, Moore 15
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AL-Moore Strategy Group (Tuberville internal): Tuberville 33, Bryne 17, Moore 15  (Read 828 times)
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 21, 2019, 06:04:33 PM »

https://yellowhammernews.com/tuberville-has-seized-the-momentum-internal-polling-shows-16-gap-in-u-s-senate-primary/
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 07:41:46 PM »

Even if Roy Moore is the nominee, Doug Jones will still lose.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 07:45:13 PM »

Surprise surprise. SnowLabrador thinks Democrat will lose.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 07:46:51 PM »

SnowLabrador is a discount LimoLiberal, but in this case he's correct.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 02:28:43 AM »

Well, in this case, you know what they say about broken clocks...
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 02:37:53 AM »

Tuberville seems to be slightly favored at this point, and Byrne definitely has his work cut out for him. Moore isn’t going to win the nomination, but even so it’s obviously way too early to write Jones off.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 02:54:34 AM »

It’s gonna be a TN-SEN 2018 repeat. Too many white evangelicals will show up to vote for a non-pedophile Republican.
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 03:02:31 AM »

Tuberville? Is he a potato
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2019, 03:49:06 AM »

Tuberville seems to be slightly favored at this point, and Byrne definitely has his work cut out for him. Moore isn’t going to win the nomination, but even so it’s obviously way too early to write Jones off.

Jones is DOA in most scenarios. He didn’t win in 2017 because of some crossover appeal (like Manchin) but because conservative voters stayed at home. Keep in mind that Jones won less votes than Walter Maddox.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2019, 04:18:01 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2019, 04:22:02 PM by Calthrina950 »

Jones is DOA in most scenarios. He didn’t win in 2017 because of some crossover appeal (like Manchin) but because conservative voters stayed at home. Keep in mind that Jones won less votes than Walter Maddox.

Jones' win can also be attributed to the heavy turnout by black voters (for a special election), who were mobilized against Moore. In 2020, blacks will turnout at the same rates as they did in 2017, but conservative white voters will turnout at presidential levels, and that alone will swamp Jones. Regardless of who the nominee is (anyone except for Moore), Jones will lose by double digits. An 11-15% loss would be the best that he could hope for.

Hopefully, Tuberville wins the nomination, because he is an outsider (Byrne is not), seems to have some personal likability, and is of course far superior to Moore. That being said, I would still vote for Jones in the general, even though I know he is a lost cause. He has been a good Senator and a pragmatic one. If Trump loses in 2020, I would hope that Biden or whichever Democrat wins gives Jones a cabinet post.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2019, 04:51:32 PM »

Jones' win can also be attributed to the heavy turnout by black voters (for a special election), who were mobilized against Moore. In 2020, blacks will turnout at the same rates as they did in 2017, but conservative white voters will turnout at presidential levels, and that alone will swamp Jones. Regardless of who the nominee is (anyone except for Moore), Jones will lose by double digits. An 11-15% loss would be the best that he could hope for.

Hopefully, Tuberville wins the nomination, because he is an outsider (Byrne is not), seems to have some personal likability, and is of course far superior to Moore. That being said, I would still vote for Jones in the general, even though I know he is a lost cause. He has been a good Senator and a pragmatic one. If Trump loses in 2020, I would hope that Biden or whichever Democrat wins gives Jones a cabinet post.

Why would you support Jones ? Are not you a republican ? Anyway Jones is not a true moderate, yeah he looks like a centrist when you compare him to Warren and Sanders but he is not a Pryor or even a Donelly either. 
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2019, 04:59:28 PM »

Why would you support Jones ? Are not you a republican ? Anyway Jones is not a true moderate, yeah he looks like a centrist when you compare him to Warren and Sanders but he is not a Pryor or even a Donelly either. 

I'm an independent, as I've made clear before. But I wouldn't have a problem if Tuberville succeeds Jones, obviously. And I would argue that he has been relatively moderate, as he's voted with the Administration close to half the time, if I am recalling correctly.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2019, 05:07:12 PM »

I'm an independent, as I've made clear before. But I wouldn't have a problem if Tuberville succeeds Jones, obviously. And I would argue that he has been relatively moderate, as he's voted with the Administration close to half the time, if I am recalling correctly.

On unimportant stuff
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2019, 05:23:05 PM »

On unimportant stuff

I wouldn't expect any Democrat to be on par with the Republican caucus in voting with Trump, and that's not what I want in any case. My main position is that the loss of Jones (which is inevitable) would still contribute to the intensification of polarization. A Senate divided strictly along partisan lines (i.e. Republican Senators from only Republican States, Democratic Senators from only Democratic States) would not be good, and has not been good, for this country.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2019, 05:24:05 PM »

This is bittersweet for Roy Moore. While he would like to be winning, he also likes being in the teens as well.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2019, 05:29:16 PM »

This is bittersweet for Roy Moore. While he would like to be winning, he also likes being in the teens as well.

LOL. This one is good
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2019, 05:34:38 PM »

On unimportant stuff

I wouldn't expect any Democrat to be on par with the Republican caucus in voting with Trump, and that's not what I want in any case. My main position is that the loss of Jones (which is inevitable) would still contribute to the intensification of polarization. A Senate divided strictly along partisan lines (i.e. Republican Senators from only Republican States, Democratic Senators from only Democratic States) would not be good, and has not been good, for this country.

To be honest with you, I'm not a big fan of ''Red state democrats'', they look sane on the campaign trail when they promise ''bipartisanship'' and ''compromise'' but when they are in DC they're doing what Schumer is telling them to do. Jon Tester is the posterchild for the world ''Hypocrite''
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies