MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:23:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55
Author Topic: MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins  (Read 67616 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: September 13, 2020, 01:15:15 PM »

Yes, the Dems could have had a Kennedy in the Senate rather than a boring Markey and they chosed Markey
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1326 on: September 13, 2020, 01:18:15 PM »

Hopefully, Warren goes for Treasury and Kennedy v Pressley primary, Kennedy would win

About time you say something I like.

In my gut I kind of think he still would win but maybe I’m just being hopeful cause frankly he just lost to the biggest, most irrelevant loser there is in the Dem party. So who knows

Sorry, but just to point out the inaccuracy of this statement, it is Kennedy who is the loser here.

I mean in a sense yes because he lost the 2020 race.

But overall ....Markey is again, the biggest most irrelevant loser in the party right now. it’s between him and overrated Stacey Abrams. But we don’t know what Abrams would do in office, we know Markey will do NOTHINF

lol k
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1327 on: September 13, 2020, 01:47:15 PM »

Hopefully, Warren goes for Treasury and Kennedy v Pressley primary, Kennedy would win

In my gut I kind of think he still would win but maybe I’m just being hopeful cause frankly he just lost to the biggest, most irrelevant loser there is in the Dem party. So who knows

Sorry, but just to point out the inaccuracy of this statement, it is Kennedy who is the loser here.

But overall ....Markey is again, the biggest most irrelevant loser in the party right now. it’s between him and overrated Stacey Abrams. But we don’t know what Abrams would do in office, we know Markey will do NOTHINF

lol k

I'm not sure how Markey can be described as the "biggest most irrelevant loser" when he just defeated a member of the Kennedy dynasty in Massachusetts, someone who was viewed as a rising star by many political observers.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1328 on: September 13, 2020, 01:52:28 PM »

lol k

I'm not sure how Markey can be described as the "biggest most irrelevant loser" when he just defeated a member of the Kennedy dynasty in Massachusetts, someone who was viewed as a rising star by many political observers.

*whispers* He can't, but we're just gonna continue allowing MM to live in his fantasy dream world because we're far past the point of trying to tune him into reality.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1329 on: September 13, 2020, 02:27:41 PM »

I think we were all shocked how much support Markey had with VBM and Early Voting and Joe Kennedy was the outsider and Markey was the machine politician, he won by such an overwhelmingly margin, that's why people that don't like Markey are disappointed.  White Females overwhelmingly went for Markey over Joe Kennedy, and Kennedys usuually do well with female voters
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1330 on: September 13, 2020, 03:41:11 PM »

It's a shame about the Senate primary.

The Libertarian Senate primary, that is. The Sec. of State's site indicates Vermin Supreme only got 27 votes, so he isn't qualifying for the General Election ballot.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1331 on: September 13, 2020, 03:48:10 PM »

lol are you still not over it
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1332 on: September 13, 2020, 05:02:31 PM »

lol k

That’s WHY it’s such a tragedy.

Because (and take the Kennedy name out of it) but a young, talented, courageous, selfless rising star in the party with a combination of outsider  progesssive ideals  and yet insider connections - was defeated by someone who I repeat is USELESS. Story after story about constituents attempting to reach out to him for help and them being shunned, ignored and plain old disrespected by Ed Markey. And his legislative accomplishments are minimal.

But because of one single shrude political calculation to align himself with AOC (because he knew a primary challenge was imminent after seeing Presley’s win) - he suddenly became the darling of the far progressive left which no doubt made the difference as that latte liberal coelessed around him and turned on Joe Kennedy making him appear as “entitled” for daring to primary an incumbent even though it’s happened in a handful of high profile races recently.

And it may have just ended the career of someone who was the future of the party and ironically - likely the best shot of a progressive reaching the White House - as it’s likely he would’ve in 8-16 years.. and all for what? 6 more yrs of Ed Effing Markey? 😂🤦🏻‍♂️
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1333 on: September 13, 2020, 05:06:28 PM »

lol k

Because (and take the Kennedy name out of it) but a young, talented, courageous, selfless rising star in the party with a combination of outsider  progesssive ideals  and yet insider connections - was defeated by someone who I repeat is USELESS. Story after story about constituents attempting to reach out to him for help and them being shunned, ignored and plain old disrespected by Ed Markey. And his legislative accomplishments are minimal.

But because of one single shrude political calculation to align himself with AOC (because he knew a primary challenge was imminent after seeing Presley’s win) - he suddenly became the darling of the far progressive left which no doubt made the difference as that latte liberal coelessed around him and turned on Joe Kennedy making him appear as “entitled” for daring to primary an incumbent even though it’s happened in a handful of high profile races recently.

And it may have just ended the career of someone who was the future of the party and ironically - likely the best shot of a progressive reaching the White House - as it’s likely he would’ve in 8-16 years.. and all for what? 6 more yrs of Ed Effing Markey? 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

JKIII could well evolve in time, but the iteration who couldn't beat Markey in Massachusetts was never going to win the presidency.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1334 on: September 13, 2020, 05:07:19 PM »

lol k

Lol Markey is the co-writer of the GND. That alone means he's 10 times more progressive than Kennedy.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1335 on: September 13, 2020, 05:19:53 PM »

lol k

Lol Markey is the co-writer of the GND. That alone means he's 10 times more progressive than Kennedy.

So because he introduced a resolution to the senate introducing something that was primarily an effort by AOC (a resolution that failed miserably) he’s 10x more progressive then Kennedy? Even though he opposed desegregation of Boston schools? Supported a college that banned interracial relationships, voted for the ‘94 crime bill, voted for the Iraq war and consistently voted to renew the Patriot act?

Talk about a lazy weak narrative. Right up there with “mUh sO eNtiTleD” 🙄
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1336 on: September 13, 2020, 06:18:10 PM »

lol k

So because he introduced a resolution to the senate introducing something that was primarily an effort by AOC (a resolution that failed miserably) he’s 10x more progressive then Kennedy? Even though he opposed desegregation of Boston schools? Supported a college that banned interracial relationships, voted for the ‘94 crime bill, voted for the Iraq war and consistently voted to renew the Patriot act?

A. You have been told time & time again that the GND is equally as much Markey's as it is AOC's. Stop outright lying by saying over & over again that he only jumped on board because she's responsible for it when you know damn well (because it's been all of us here on Atlas giving you the receipts over & over again) that he's been Capitol Hill's premier environmental activist for nearly 5 decades now.

B. This isn't a purity contest (but even if it were, then let's remember that the only reason Kennedy didn't vote for the crime bill or the PATRIOT Act or Iraq was because he couldn't since he wasn't in Congress at those times; let's be under no illusion, though: if he were in Congress, then he absolutely would've voted for all of those things). No, Markey's more progressive than Kennedy because he's championing more progressive policies than Kennedy did. Hell, the left went to war for him not because he's a pure progressive but because he's willing to give them the time & day, to listen to them, & to atone for & evolve from his previous mistakes. Pretty plain & simple equation there Wink

C. The primary's over. You lost. Move the f**k on, & stop belittling your opposition & saying they're stupid for not agreeing with you, because that's not how you win converts to your cause.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1337 on: September 13, 2020, 07:13:08 PM »

lol k

A. You have been told time & time again that the GND is equally as much Markey's as it is AOC's. Stop outright lying by saying over & over again that he only jumped on board because she's responsible for it when you know damn well (because it's been all of us here on Atlas giving you the receipts over & over again) that he's been Capitol Hill's premier environmental activist for nearly 5 decades now.

B. This isn't a purity contest (but even if it were, then let's remember that the only reason Kennedy didn't vote for the crime bill or the PATRIOT Act or Iraq was because he couldn't since he wasn't in Congress at those times; let's be under no illusion, though: if he were in Congress, then he absolutely would've voted for all of those things). No, Markey's more progressive than Kennedy because he's championing more progressive policies than Kennedy did. Hell, the left went to war for him not because he's a pure progressive but because he's willing to give them the time & day, to listen to them, & to atone for & evolve from his previous mistakes. Pretty plain & simple equation there Wink

C. The primary's over. You lost. Move the f**k on, & stop belittling your opposition & saying they're stupid for not agreeing with you, because that's not how you win converts to your cause.

A. We’ve had this debate before: You see him as “atoning” for mistakes of the past and “evolving” on issues. But somehow when JK3 did such things he was accused of being about “political convienance rather than personal conviction”. Seems like a naive double standard to me. And what makes me highly skeptical of Markeys sinceretity is his downright putrid and insufferable approach to constituent services.

B. Also, I don’t know why you’re so sure that Joe would’ve voted for things like the Iraq war - especially considering Ted Kennedy voted against it

C. Merely disagreeing with me on an issue or on a particular race doesn’t make someone stupid. I can respect a difference of opinion. However in this case - if you are a Democrat, especially a progressive - in a race where both canidates were remarkably similar on policy (aside from race issues) - choosing the canidate that is in his 70’s, has little to no ability to get things done, seems to be unparalleled in the lack of s he gives to the concerns of his constituents (in non election years) over a much younger, more talented and yes far more likely to eventually find himself in a position to actually make tangible results in these areas - Yes, that’s stupid. It’s woefully misguided.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1338 on: September 13, 2020, 09:42:16 PM »

lol k

A. We’ve had this debate before: You see him as “atoning” for mistakes of the past and “evolving” on issues. But somehow when JK3 did such things he was accused of being about “political convienance rather than personal conviction”. Seems like a naive double standard to me. And what makes me highly skeptical of Markeys sinceretity is his downright putrid and insufferable approach to constituent services.

B. Also, I don’t know why you’re so sure that Joe would’ve voted for things like the Iraq war - especially considering Ted Kennedy voted against it

C. Merely disagreeing with me on an issue or on a particular race doesn’t make someone stupid. I can respect a difference of opinion. However in this case - if you are a Democrat, especially a progressive - in a race where both canidates were remarkably similar on policy (aside from race issues) - choosing the canidate that is in his 70’s, has little to no ability to get things done, seems to be unparalleled in the lack of s he gives to the concerns of his constituents (in non election years) over a much younger, more talented and yes far more likely to eventually find himself in a position to actually make tangible results in these areas - Yes, that’s stupid. It’s woefully misguided.

And Kennedy voted against restricting the PATRIOT Act. He absolutely would have voted for it if he'd been in Congress at the time.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #1339 on: September 13, 2020, 11:06:10 PM »

lol k

I have to say your obsession with JKIII is a little weird.

Like I get your guy lost but the fact that you come on this thread and spew mellow drama after anyone says anything bad about godking JKIII is a bit sad.

There are other young progressives in the party, hell even in MA. Just because one lost doesn't mean that the progressive movement is dead, after all a progressive just won the MA dem primary!
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1340 on: September 15, 2020, 06:19:01 PM »

lol k

Like I get your guy lost but the fact that you come on this thread and spew mellow drama after anyone says anything bad about godking JKIII is a bit sad.

There are other young progressives in the party, hell even in MA. Just because one lost doesn't mean that the progressive movement is dead, after all a progressive just won the MA dem primary!

It can be weird to you but I admire what the Kennedy’s have done for this country and there relentless devotion to public service. JK3 in particular is best suited to not just keep the dream alive but to be a rarity - a progesssive in a real position of power.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #1341 on: September 15, 2020, 09:11:14 PM »

lol k

It can be weird to you but I admire what the Kennedy’s have done for this country and there relentless devotion to public service. JK3 in particular is best suited to not just keep the dream alive but to be a rarity - a progesssive in a real position of power.

Last I checked he'll be out of a job in a four months
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #1342 on: September 15, 2020, 09:14:21 PM »

lol k

Yep, to be replaced by a Republican pretending to be a Democrat. Thanks, Joe!
Lognog
United States

« Reply #1343 on: September 15, 2020, 09:15:06 PM »

lol k

Yep, to be replaced by a Republican pretending to be a Democrat. Thanks, Joe!

oh don't forget wasting millions for dems along the way!
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #1344 on: September 16, 2020, 12:09:12 PM »

MM's favorite race and map is now on atlas
look how beautiful it is

https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/state.php?year=2020&fips=25&f=0&off=3&elect=1
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1345 on: September 16, 2020, 10:14:13 PM »

lol k

Amy Kennedy, tho
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1346 on: September 17, 2020, 12:45:27 PM »

Ha!

So I guess the Kennedys will have to do more than just snap their fingers and win election.

Is the Kennedy magic gone?
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #1347 on: September 17, 2020, 01:30:44 PM »

Ha!

So I guess the Kennedys will have to do more than just snap their fingers and win election.

eh hoinestly yes but A kennedy can still win an election they just have to be charismatic and run a good campaign Kennedy messed up going for this senate seat but hes not done yet
Also Joe endorsed Jake Auchincloss so its looking like he wont challenge him in 2022
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1348 on: September 17, 2020, 03:31:51 PM »

Ha!

NJ-2 will tell the tale
new_patomic

« Reply #1349 on: October 16, 2020, 06:03:20 PM »

An absolute mess inside and out
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies