EU Parliament Elections

(1/16) > >>

Peter:
4 weeks today is the European Parliament Elections. Perhaps all Europeans would like to give some sort of explaination of the choices before them and the reasons for their likely vote.

Peter:
My EU Region is SE England

Parties Running: UKIP, Green, Conservative, Labour, Liberal Democrat

I am a natural Wet Tory and therefore have inclinations to vote Conservative, however I am generally pro-European in the same vein as Ken Clarke.

I will not vote UKIP for obvious reasons; I will not vote Liberal Democrat because I find them to rabidly anti-Tory. That leaves me with three options, right now I am leaning towards Labour.

Middle-aged Europe:
Well, according to the Wahlomat (www.wahlomat.de) the order of the grade of my identification with the European policies of the several political parties in Germany is as follows:

1. Greens
2. FDP
3. SPD
4. CDU
5. CSU
6. PDS

lidaker:
Hm... I haven't decided yet, but I won't vote for either the Greens or the Left Party - in Sweden they oppose the EU. Probably the Swedish liberal party.

freek:
I'm still in doubt. Normally I vote for the VVD (rightwing liberal) party in all the elections, but I tend to vote for the ChristenUnie/SGP-list (the christian fundamentalists) this time. Not for their views on abortion and euthanasia, because I totally don't agree with them on these points. The European Parliament doesn't have any authority on these points as well, if I am correctly informed.

I do however like their economic stances, they are not as freemarketfundamentalist on these points as the VVD, which I like. They don't want Turkey in the EU, as the only Dutch party, apart from the List Pim Fortuyn.

Other factors why I might be voting for them: I am impressed by the quality of their MPs, if you consider that those parties only score a few percent of the vote in general elections. However voting for them in general elections is out of the question for me, since they have separate lists then. The ChristenUnie is way too much leftwing for me, the SGP too fundamentalist. Their European program is a nice compromise between their views.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page