Fox News national: Biden +12, Sanders +9, Warren +7, Harris +6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 01:16:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Fox News national: Biden +12, Sanders +9, Warren +7, Harris +6
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Fox News national: Biden +12, Sanders +9, Warren +7, Harris +6  (Read 2399 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2019, 06:00:36 PM »

Better poll than usual for Warren and Trump's percentage is a bit lower than usual (maybe a temporary decrease in support?). What is significant is Trump is still at 38-39%, and so Biden's larger margin may just be that voters are more familiar with him (even if they now know who the other candidates are, they might not have much knowledge about them yet).
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2019, 07:28:34 PM »

Joe Biden is clearly the candidate with the greatest possibility of an October Surprise, so Trump should just take his chances with all that.

I would argue it's Sanders.  The entire period of Sanders life from 1964-1980 is super sketchy and that hasn't been highlighted in the media at all.  He was essentially a bum doing and writing vile things and supporting communism.

Plus he and his wife have a LOT of financial shadiness.

This may be true too. When I used October Surprise, I was solely thinking if a new issue such as a last second gaffe or serious health issue.

I've said before on Atlas that I believe Biden is more likely to be taken down by a health issue than by Trump himself.

This is why Biden needs to pick the most "Generic D" possible to be his VP.  Someone uncontroversial and safe, who can rake in the "I just want a normal person who isn't Trump" votes in the event that Biden starts giving off FDR 1944 vibes.  Honestly Tim Kaine would be fine, lol.  My money's still on Duckworth.  It won't be Warren or Harris.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2019, 08:55:32 PM »

Joe Biden is clearly the candidate with the greatest possibility of an October Surprise, so Trump should just take his chances with all that.

I would argue it's Sanders.  The entire period of Sanders life from 1964-1980 is super sketchy and that hasn't been highlighted in the media at all.  He was essentially a bum doing and writing vile things and supporting communism.

Plus he and his wife have a LOT of financial shadiness.

This may be true too. When I used October Surprise, I was solely thinking if a new issue such as a last second gaffe or serious health issue.

I've said before on Atlas that I believe Biden is more likely to be taken down by a health issue than by Trump himself.

This is why Biden needs to pick the most "Generic D" possible to be his VP.  Someone uncontroversial and safe, who can rake in the "I just want a normal person who isn't Trump" votes in the event that Biden starts giving off FDR 1944 vibes.  Honestly Tim Kaine would be fine, lol.  My money's still on Duckworth.  It won't be Warren or Harris.

This could not be more wrong in any way. It just screams desperation. You guys on the forum supporting Biden haven't given one single reason why you support him other than "general election surveys thus far suggest he would do the best again Trump". Fair enough, but for what do you like him from a policy stand point? Is there even a single policy stand point of his which you would be able to defend? Cause out of the dozens of strong Biden supporters on this forum, I still haven't heard even ONE of you EVER support ANY single one of Biden's proposals. That's quite telling in my view, as ever other candidate's supporters are absolutely wild about spreading the happy message about their candidate's policies.
Epaminondas

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2019, 11:04:14 PM »

You guys on the forum supporting Biden haven't given one single reason why you support him other than "general election surveys thus far suggest he would do the best again Trump". Fair enough, but for what do you like him from a policy stand point?

Risk aversion is what drives them. Ideologically untethered voters are attracted to his aura of safety.
Biden "feels" safe and affords them a quieter mindset, that's all that interests them.

It's not a bad strategy in the short term, but it could prove disastrous to the Democratic party in the long run, once his younger voters realise his leadership shortcomings.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2019, 10:35:26 PM »

Uncle Joe!!! Purple heart

Terrible numbers for any sitting president. Even though he may still edge out a victory in the electoral college, it seems a lot of people overestimate Trump's strenght because he surprised us in 2016, which was the perfect storm for him to win on that day. 2016 was most likely a fluke, but Democrats need to nominate a strong candidate such as Joe Biden.

Noone likes your posts anyways. Why pretend like anyone cares?

Shut your mouth! President Johnson and Sprouts are the two more insightful posters on Atlas.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies