Muon2 Diplomacy Game B
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:42:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Muon2 Diplomacy Game B
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Muon2 Diplomacy Game B  (Read 5355 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2019, 07:36:36 PM »

Request: Can we also open up the "pipeline" for other potential players interested as well "just in case"?

Last game we had a couple drop-offs that significantly impacted gameplay, and although I suspect that will not be case from the 6/7 current players (Assuming that SO19 may have dropped out rather than not followed the modified posting timeline for that turn), we all realize that sometimes folks might have major life events that occur....

Additionally, if Oregon Blue Dog is not interested, should SO19 have left the game, I would also request that a recruitment drive specify that there is a potential time commitment and that checking PMs is a part of game play, etc.

Ideally it would be nice to have players that are actually invested, and at least willing to learn (Since I suspect all of us would help provide non-biased tips on questions of rules and gameplay etc)....

Thoughts All?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2019, 08:00:29 PM »

Request: Can we also open up the "pipeline" for other potential players interested as well "just in case"?

Last game we had a couple drop-offs that significantly impacted gameplay, and although I suspect that will not be case from the 6/7 current players (Assuming that SO19 may have dropped out rather than not followed the modified posting timeline for that turn), we all realize that sometimes folks might have major life events that occur....

Additionally, if Oregon Blue Dog is not interested, should SO19 have left the game, I would also request that a recruitment drive specify that there is a potential time commitment and that checking PMs is a part of game play, etc.

Ideally it would be nice to have players that are actually invested, and at least willing to learn (Since I suspect all of us would help provide non-biased tips on questions of rules and gameplay etc)....

Thoughts All?

Good idea.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2019, 09:38:08 PM »

Thoughts All?

Good idea.
I'll be willing to step in if absolutely necessary, but I'm not great at the game and will probably have to be DMed to stay active.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2019, 09:52:20 PM »

Thoughts All?

Good idea.
I'll be willing to step in if absolutely necessary, but I'm not great at the game and will probably have to be DMed to stay active.

We will help you if SO19 is gone as appears to be the case....

I can PM you some links to strategy guides, if you are interested. Muon2 will likely provide tips if you're not confident on the "advice" being offered by other players when it comes to rules and such.

First started playing Military boardgames when I was 8, and Diplomacy for the first time when I was 14 in the mid '80s....

Unfortunately, you would be starting from a slightly rough starting spot considering the current map, but it's early enough on in the game that you could easily recover, especially as Turkey with a "rear base" that many other countries don't start with....

We loosened up the rules a bit from the last game, so certain orders will give a period to respond in the event that the orders are clearly illegal. This was designed to make the game easier for newer players, or even rusty veterans that hadn't played in awhile such as myself who hadn't played in 20 Years, so that game-play wouldn't be massively disrupted because of technical interpretations of military movements and such....

If SO19 is in fact gone, welcome to Diplomacy as Turkey in Fall '02~   Smiley

NOVA GREEN
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2019, 11:58:03 PM »

Since S019 did not respond and Oregon Blue Dog did, I'm declaring that OBD is the new player for Turkey, effective this turn, Fall 1902. If you know of any others who might also willing to take over abandoned positions, please invite them to post their interest here.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2019, 09:22:12 PM »

Since S019 did not respond and Oregon Blue Dog did, I'm declaring that OBD is the new player for Turkey, effective this turn, Fall 1902. If you know of any others who might also willing to take over abandoned positions, please invite them to post their interest here.

Welcome Oregon Blue Dog!
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2019, 08:13:02 PM »

Question:

The Diplomacy 5.0 "House Rules" state the judge can declare a vacation (Which is totally awesome since IRL stuff can and should be built in the equation for the Judge, and Muon2 is allowed to actually have a life as opposed to just being here to host our Diplomacy game!!!

So traditionally orders are due on a weekly basis on Fridays by by 11:59 pm US Central Time, unless there are exceptions.

Question # 1: Can we anticipate that next turn's moves will revert to their traditional posted orders day/time, or will there be an extension, etc???

Main reason I ask is that we have an expanded diplomatic negotiation period this turn, and potentially a shortened once next week, or extended one next week at a point in the game where potential moves or combinations of moves perhaps become slightly more complex than in the traditional opening moves period.....

Question # 2: Not specific to this game, but perhaps a "House Rule Change" for a future game.

If a player has dropped out of a preceding Atlas Diplomacy game without notifying the Judge via PM or posting directly to the Game thread within the required interval, can we put them on a "wait list" so that we can recruit players that may be more reliable, interested, and committed? 

Just a thought....
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2019, 01:05:05 PM »

Question:

The Diplomacy 5.0 "House Rules" state the judge can declare a vacation (Which is totally awesome since IRL stuff can and should be built in the equation for the Judge, and Muon2 is allowed to actually have a life as opposed to just being here to host our Diplomacy game!!!

So traditionally orders are due on a weekly basis on Fridays by by 11:59 pm US Central Time, unless there are exceptions.

Question # 1: Can we anticipate that next turn's moves will revert to their traditional posted orders day/time, or will there be an extension, etc???

Main reason I ask is that we have an expanded diplomatic negotiation period this turn, and potentially a shortened once next week, or extended one next week at a point in the game where potential moves or combinations of moves perhaps become slightly more complex than in the traditional opening moves period.....

Since this is a fall turn, there will need to be time for adjustments. There also could be retreats required before the winter adjustments. Typically I will execute these as soon as they come in, but I don't know how long the whole process will take.  I will see when the turn and adjustments are complete and decide if Friday is too short of a deadline.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2019, 09:25:06 AM »
« Edited: September 30, 2019, 07:03:35 PM by muon2 »

Fall 1902

All units dislodged had no retreat and were destroyed. Please submit your adjustments as soon as possible, but no later than 11:59 pm CDT tonight (Mon)

Austria: 6 supply centers, 5 units. Units that may be built: 1.
        A bul Supports A rum -> con
        F gre -> ion
          Bounced with nap (1 against 1).
        A ser -> tri
          Bounced with tyr (1 against 1).
        A tri -> vie
        A tyr -> tri
          Bounced with ser (1 against 1).

England: 5 supply centers, 5 units. No adjustments.
        A bel Supports A bur -> ruh
        A lon -> hol
          Bounced with hol (1 against 1). Convoy path taken: lon->nth->hol.        
        F nth Convoys A lon -> hol
        F nwy Holds
        F nwg Supports F nwy

France: 5 supply centers, 5 units. No adjustments.
        A bur -> ruh
        A mar Supports A par -> bur
        F mao -> wes
          Bounced with spa (1 against 1).
        A par -> bur
        F spa/sc -> wes
          Bounced with mao (1 against 1).

Germany: 5 supply centers, 4 units. Units that may be built: 1.
       No orders received, all units ordered to hold.
        F Den Holds
        A Hol Holds
        F Kie Holds
        A Mun Holds
        A Ruh Holds
           Dislodged from bur (2 against 1). Unit cannot retreat; unit destroyed.

Italy: 4 supply centers, 4 units. No adjustments.
        A apu Supports A ven
          Support failed. Unit ordered to move.
        F ion -> aeg
        F nap -> ion
          Bounced with gre (1 against 1).
        A ven -> tri
          Bounced with tyr (1 against 1).

Russia: 7 supply centers, 6 units. Units that may be built: 1.
        A arm -> ank
          Failed because Turkey: F ank -> bla failed.
        F bla Convoys A rum -> con
        A rum -> con
          Convoy path taken: rum->bla->con.        
        A stp -> fin
        F swe Supports A stp -> fin
        A war -> mos

Turkey: 2 supply centers, 2 units. No adjustments.
        F ank -> bla
          Bounced with bla (1 against 1).
        A con -> bul
          Bounced with bul (1 against 1). Dislodged from rum (2 against 1). Unit cannot retreat; unit destroyed.
       A smy -> arm
          Failed because Russia: A arm -> ank failed.

This is the position before adjustments.  

muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2019, 04:02:39 AM »

The following adjustments were made:
Austria: Build F tri
Germany: Build A ber
Russia: Build F stp/nc

This is the position to begin Spring 1903.

Orders for Spring 1903 are due by 11:59 pm CDT Friday Oct 4.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2019, 07:09:59 AM »
« Edited: October 05, 2019, 10:10:18 PM by muon2 »

Spring 1903

All units dislodged had no retreat and were destroyed. Orders for Fall 1903 are due 11:59 pm CDT Friday Oct 11.

Austria:
        A bul Supports A con
        F gre -> ion
          Bounced with nap (1 against 2).
        A ser -> gre
          Failed because Austria: F gre -> ion failed.
        A tri -> adr
        A tyr Supports A vie -> tri
        A vie -> tri

England:
        A bel Supports A lon -> hol
        A lon -> hol
          Convoy path taken: lon->nth->hol.        
        F nth Convoys A lon -> hol
        F nwy -> ska
        F nwg -> nwy

France:
        A bur -> mun
          Bounced with ber (1 against 1).
        A mar -> pie
        F mao -> naf
        A par -> bur
        A ruh -> kie
          Bounced with kie (1 against 1).
        F spa/sc -> wes

Germany:
           The Army in Holland cannot retreat; unit destroyed.
        A ber -> mun
          Bounced with bur (1 against 1).
        F den -> nth
          Bounced with nth (1 against 1).
        A hol Holds
           Dislodged from lon (2 against 1).        
        F kie Supports A hol
          Support cut by Move from Ruhr.
        A mun -> ruh
          Failed because France: A ruh -> kie failed.

Italy:
        F aeg Supports F nap -> ion
        A apu Supports A ven
        F nap -> ion
        A ven Holds

Russia:
        A arm -> ank
        F bla Supports A arm -> ank
        A con Supports A arm -> ank
        A fin -> swe
        A mos Supports F stp/nc
        F stp/nc Holds
        F swe -> bal

Turkey:
          The Fleet in Ankara cannot retreat; unit destroyed.
        F ank -> con
          Bounced with con (2 against 3). Dislodged from arm (3 against 2).
        A smy Supports F ank -> con

This is the position to begin Fall 1903.

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2019, 08:16:29 AM »

You have an extra order listed for Italy: F Ion-Aeg.

Are they using stealth mercenary fleets?  If so, how can I get some?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2019, 10:52:37 AM »

Well, I guess that's a wrap. Best of luck to you all, and I hope to play again someday.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2019, 11:03:43 AM »

Well, I guess that's a wrap. Best of luck to you all, and I hope to play again someday.

Kudos to you for volunteering to step into a bad situation.  It's never much fun to do that.  Thanks.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2019, 10:12:59 PM »

You have an extra order listed for Italy: F Ion-Aeg.

Are they using stealth mercenary fleets?  If so, how can I get some?

Communications 100+ years ago weren't always so prompt. Apparently some of the media were still reporting activity from Fall 1902. The reporters involved have been suitably disciplined. Wink
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2019, 10:13:51 PM »

Thanks for stepping into a tough position. I'll be happy to have you play in the next game.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2019, 07:20:55 PM »

Kudos to you for volunteering to step into a bad situation.  It's never much fun to do that.  Thanks.

I echo the sentiments of Georgia Moderate and Muon2....

Although you had limited experience to the rules of Diplomacy, you read the links to some of the strategy guides that I provided, submitted orders on-time and legal movements, made a strategic gamble in what was a rough situation, and attempted to survive in what was an extremely difficult situation....

Still, you do have one military unit left, so who knows, although statistically odds are low.   Sad

Looking forward to seeing you next game to jump into the list as an "active" and not just "backup" player!!!

muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2019, 08:08:39 AM »

Fall 1903
Two units are dislodged this turn. Turkey has no supply centers so the A smy is disbanded and Turkey is eliminated. The Russian A swe is dislodged, and may either retreat to fin or disband. If it disbands Russia may build one unit at any open home supply center, otherwise no adjustments are needed. Russia should post their choice to retreat or disband as soon as possible, as it may influence the adjustment decisions for any other power. Adjustments are due by 11:59 pm CDT Sun Oct 13, but I will post the results sooner if I have received adjustments from all powers.

Austria: 7 supply centers, 6 units. Units that may be built: 1.
        F adr -> ion
          Bounced with ion (2 against 2).
        A bul -> con
        F gre Supports F adr -> ion
        A ser Supports F gre
        A tri Supports A tyr -> ven
        A tyr -> ven
          Bounced with ven (2 against 3).

England: 7 supply centers, 5 units. Units that may be built: 2.
        A bel Supports A hol
        A hol Supports A bel
        F nth Supports F nwy
        F nwy Supports F ska -> swe
        F ska -> swe

France: 7 supply centers, 5 units. Units that may be built: 2.
        A bur Supports A ruh -> mun
        F naf -> tun
        A pie Supports A ven
        A ruh -> mun
        F wes -> tys

Germany: 3 supply centers, 4 units. Units that must be removed: 1.
        A ber Holds
        F den Supports F ska -> swe
          Support cut by Move from Baltic Sea.
        F kie Supports A ber
        A mun -> sil

Italy: 3 supply centers, 4 units. Units that must be removed: 1.
        F aeg Supports F ion
        A apu Supports A ven
        F ion Holds
        A ven Holds

Russia: 7 supply centers, 7 units. No adjustments.
        A ank Supports A con -> smy
        F bal -> den
          Bounced with den (1 against 1).
        F bla Supports A bul -> con
        A con -> smy
        A mos Supports F stp/nc
        F stp/nc Holds
        A swe Supports F bal -> den
          Support cut by Move from Skagerrak. Dislodged from ska (2 against 1).

Turkey: 0 supply centers, 1 unit. A smy disbands. Turkey eliminated.
        No order for unit at Smyrna. Hold order assigned.
        A smy Holds
          Dislodged from con (2 against 1).

This is the position before retreats and adjustments.

Russia's retreat should be posted ASAP. Adjustments should be sent promptly, but no later than 11:59 pm CDT Sun Oct 13.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2019, 05:38:01 PM »

Russia has retreated A swe -> fin.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2019, 07:03:53 PM »

The Russian retreat is a reminder that a dislodged unit that could retreat may be disbanded instead. This is the only permitted way to voluntarily disband a unit - in lieu of a required retreat. Otherwise units may only be disbanded when after Fall movement and retreats the Power has fewer supply centers than units. On the other hand a Power is never required to build any or all of the entitled units.

This exception can have strategic consequences. If in this last turn Russia wanted to build another unit in Moscow or Sevastopol, then Russia could have disbanded the unit in Sweden instead of retreating to Finland. Then during the adjustment phase Russia would be at 6 units and 7 supply centers and would be entitled to build on an available home supply center.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2019, 08:18:47 PM »

Winter 1903

The following adjustments were made.

Austria: Builds A vie
England: Builds F edi, A lon
France: Builds F mar, A par
Germany: Removes A sil
Italy: Removes F ion

This is the position to begin Spring 1904.

I will be traveling Thu-Sat this week. Moves for Spring 1904 are due 11:59 pm CDT Saturday Oct 19.   

muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2019, 02:51:35 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2019, 04:50:27 PM by muon2 »

Spring 1904

There is one retreat needed from Russia: bal. It can retreat to ber, bot or lvn, or be disbanded. Russia should submit that as soon as possible.

Austria:
        F adr -> ion
          Bounced with tun (2 against 3).
        A con -> bul
        F gre Supports F adr -> ion
        A ser Holds
        A tri Supports A tyr
        A tyr Supports A vie -> boh
        A vie -> boh

England:
        A bel -> hol
        F edi -> nwg
        A hol -> kie
        A lon -> nwy
          Bounced with stp (1 against 2). Convoy path taken: lon->nth->nwy.        
        F nth Convoys A lon -> nwy
        F nwy -> bar
        F swe Supports A lon -> nwy
          Support cut by Move from Baltic Sea.

France:
        A bur -> mun
        F mar -> lyo
        A mun -> sil
        A par -> bur
        A pie Supports A ven
        F tun -> ion
        F tys Supports F tun -> ion

Germany:
        A ber -> pru
        F den Supports F kie -> bal
        F kie -> bal

Italy:
        F aeg Supports F tun -> ion
        A apu Supports A ven
        A ven Holds

Russia:
        A ank -> con
        F bal -> swe
          Bounced with swe (1 against 1). Dislodged from kie (2 against 1).
        F bla Supports A con -> bul
        A fin Supports F stp/nc -> nwy
        A mos Supports F stp/nc
          Support failed. F stp/nc ordered to move.
        A smy Supports A ank > con
        F stp/nc -> nwy

Russia retreats F bal -> bot.

The position to start Fall 1904 is this.

Fall 1904 orders are due 11:59 pm CDT Friday Oct 25.

muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2019, 06:34:12 AM »
« Edited: October 26, 2019, 08:49:52 AM by muon2 »

Fall 1904

Italy has no supply centers, is eliminated and all remaining units are disbanded. Russia F nwy is dislodged and may either retreat to ska or disband. Russia may post the retreat decision, or I will post it as soon as I receive it. If Russia disbands F nwy then no adjustments are required; otherwise another unit must be removed.

Adjustment orders are due no later than 11:59 pm CDT Sun Oct 27, but I will post the adjustments as soon as I have received them all.

Austria: 8 supply centers, 7 units. Units that may be built: 1.
        F adr -> apu
          Bounced with apu (1 against 1).
        A boh -> gal
        A bul -> con
          Bounced with smy (1 against 1).
        F gre Holds
        A ser Supports F gre
        A tri Supports A tyr -> ven
        A tyr -> ven

England: 7 supply centers, 7 units: No adjustments.
        F bar Supports F swe -> nwy
        A hol Holds
        A kie -> swe
          Convoy path taken: kie->bal->swe.
        A lon Holds
        F nth Supports F swe -> nwy
        F nwg Supports F swe -> nwy
        F swe -> nwy

France: 9 supply centers, 7 units. Units that may be built: 2.
        A bur Supports A mun
        F lyo Convoys A pie -> rom
        F ion -> nap
        A mun Holds
        A pie -> rom
          Convoy path taken: pie->lyo->tys->rom.
        A sil Supports A pru -> war
        F tys Convoys A pie -> rom

Germany: 4 supply centers, 3 units. Units that may be built: 1.
        F bal Convoys A kie -> swe
        F den Holds
        A pru -> war

Italy: 0 supply centers, 3 units. F aeg disbands, A apu disbands, A ven disbands. Italy eliminated.
        F aeg Supports F tys -> ion
          Support failed. Supported unit's order does not match support given.
        A apu Supports A ven
          Support cut by Move from Adriatic Sea.
        A ven Holds
          Dislodged from tyr (2 against 1).

Russia: 6 supply centers, 7 units. Units that must be removed: 1.
        F bla Convoys A bul -> con
        A con -> rum
          Convoy path taken: con->bla->rum.
        A fin Supports F nwy -> swe
        F bot Supports F nwy -> swe
        A mos -> stp
        F nwy -> swe
          Dislodged from swe (4 against 3).
        A smy -> con
          Bounced with bul (1 against 1).

The map incorrectly shows that A con->rum Convoyed by F bla failed. The move in fact succeeded.

Russia disbands F nwy rather than retreat, so no other adjustments are needed. This is the position before builds.

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2019, 11:45:09 PM »

In the words of the late great author Douglas Adams: "So long and Thanks for all the Fish".

Looking forward to the next Diplomacy Game.

Meanwhile for anyone who is curious Giuseppe still lives, although operating within the underground, while meanwhile Filippo Turati is building the Socialist Resistance against Colonial Occupation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQjfi-4oib4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filippo_Turati

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giuseppe_Zanardelli

The Italian underground resistance will continue to carefully monitor the political situation and communicate with all powers through our government in exile designed in a strategic plan for the Liberation of all of Italy against Foreign Occupation forces by all means necessary.

muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2019, 03:47:46 PM »

Winter 1904

Austria: Builds A vie
France: Builds F bre, A par
Germany: Builds A ber

This is the position after adjustments.

Orders for Spring 1905 are due by 11:59 pm Fri Nov 1.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies