2024 watch: Will Hurd visiting early primary states
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:29:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  2024 watch: Will Hurd visiting early primary states
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2024 watch: Will Hurd visiting early primary states  (Read 1007 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 04, 2019, 04:11:01 PM »

Hurd visited NH in the spring, but emphasized that he wouldn’t run against Trump for the nomination, so 2020 was out:

https://www.wmur.com/article/nh-primary-source-us-rep-william-hurd-headed-to-nh-but-hes-not-running-for-president/27187440

More recently, he’s apparently already, or will shortly, also visit both Iowa and South Carolina, but again says he won’t run in 2020, but doesn’t rule out 2024:

https://www.texasmonthly.com/politics/congressman-will-hurd-surprise-retirement-running-for-president-gop/

TM: You’ve been traveling and scheduling trips to New Hampshire, Iowa, and South Carolina. Those are early presidential primary states. Are you laying the groundwork for a 2024 presidential run? What you’ve said about trying to help out candidates nationwide feels like what someone exploring a presidential run would not.

WH: I am not going to run in 2020. My goal is to help other folks, other candidates in the 2020 election.

TM: Yeah, but 2024, you might run for some office?

WH: Look, I’m about to turn 42 years old, I’m sure this is probably not the last time I run for elected office. Who knows? I’m looking forward to helping great people, like I said, like Wesley Hunt, and staying involved in technology and national security. If opportunities arise, we’ll evaluate them as they come.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 04:20:48 PM »

That would be even more of a quixotic bid than John Delaney's run. At least Delaney left the House only two years  before the Presidential race. No one is going to remember who the hell Will Hurd was four years removed.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 02:12:09 PM »

That would be even more of a quixotic bid than John Delaney's run. At least Delaney left the House only two years  before the Presidential race. No one is going to remember who the hell Will Hurd was four years removed.

I mean, we know him, but nobody else really does now.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 02:38:29 AM »

He's probably gonna run statewide in texas
Flyersfan232

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 06:35:44 AM »

Delaney should have ran for governor.
MABA 2020
MakeAmericaBritishAgain
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 03:50:58 PM »

Never Hurd of him Smiley
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2020, 05:05:38 PM »

If anything, he could just carpetbag to a safe R district somewhere else in Texas if he wanted to.
Roll Roons
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2020, 05:24:47 PM »

I'm watching what'll happen with redistricting. The San Antonio area hasn't zoomed to the left as dramatically as Austin, Dallas and Houston have (Will actually won the Bexar portion of his district in 2018 by just under 5000 votes), so maybe the legislature will draw a new R-leaning suburban Bexar  district that he can run in.

For what it's worth, he's told me that he plans to run for office again after his term ends.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies