Danish Elections and Politics (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:13:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Danish Elections and Politics (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Danish Elections and Politics  (Read 42531 times)
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« on: August 21, 2019, 09:05:15 AM »

Calls for Løkke and Jensen to quit simultaneously

There is an now an increasing number of calls from Liberal councillors and local chairmen for both Lars Løkke Rasmussen and Kristian Jensen to quit. Their actions are called irresponsible and entrenching the party's division into two person-driven wings. Many of them mention a possible "dream ticket" to replace them with Jakob Ellemann-Jensen as leader and Stephanie Lose, Chairman of Southern Denmark Region & the Association of Regions, as deputy leader.

Are there any ideological differences between the mentioned wings (Jensen and Lokke)?
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 03:30:00 PM »

The parties have received their legal counsel about the Støjberg potential impeachment case. As expected, SPP and the Red-Green Alliance was quick to join the Alternative, Social Liberals and Liberal Alliance + 4 independents (3 ex-Alternative + 1 ex-LA)  in favour of impeachment. The DPP and New Right are against. And then we still wait for the big players, Social Democrats, Liberals and Conservatives + 2 independents (Løkke + ex-Conservative). They are expected to make an announcement within the next week.

Lars Løkke Rasmussen today announced that he has started a so-called "political network" on a new homepage. When asked what the point of such a network is, he said: "It is a meeting place. If I was younger, I might call it a movement. It is an attempt to get into direct contact with Danes, who have the same basic values as me. You should join the network if you can see yourself in the values I have announced". When asked whether the network will evolve into a new party, he answered: "Maybe, but that fully depends on the level of interest. My sense is that many believe that we need to look at politics from a new angle. If enough people agree, that might lead to a new party".
A "network". Cringe.
Next he will say that his movement is "not left, not right, but forward".
This is basically the template for "somebody starts an outfit they think is the next En Marche".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies