Danish Elections and Politics (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:38:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Danish Elections and Politics (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Danish Elections and Politics  (Read 42441 times)
crals

« on: September 05, 2019, 05:48:10 AM »

Does Løkke have enough loyal voters to make this work?

I doubt Denmark needs another party with Liberal in the name
crals

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 08:30:41 AM »

Are there any plans to form a new party led by Stöjberg? All the speculation i've seen in danish media are about her either joining DF or NB.

I think speculation about a new party has entered the fray somewhat when she decided to leave the Liberals, and not join another party right away. I agree that it's been a bit weird that all the focus has been on DPP and New Right; perhaps it's because these two parties have tried so aggressively to court her. Their interviews, social media etc. have been filled with praise of Støjberg. Therefore many commentators have talked about it as a pivotal moment in the fight for hegemony on the anti-immigrant right. The one who gets Støjberg wins, the other falters. However, Støjberg has talked so much about how she's a Liberal (the party, not ideology) into the bone, and how much the party means to her. So with that it mind, it might be an easier step to make your "own version of the Liberals" than to join another party. As a Støjberg voter in 2019, I certainly hope she makes her own party. I was very encouraged when she mentioned attitudes to the UN conventions as the first thing when asked about her differences to the Liberal leadership in an interview yesterday. A party that is basically the Liberals + wants to abandon UN conventions on immigration and asylum would basically be the optimal party for me. But of course it takes a whole lot more work to build a new party.

Another Liberal defector, Lars Løkke, is starting to build up the infrastructure of his partynetwork. A board has been chosen, primarily with some of his business associates. 13 426 persons have joined the network so far. In a newsletter to the members, Løkke writes that many of the members have "an explicit ambition to create a party of reason, which combines idealism and pragmatism". Løkke then go on to states that he will do his best to ensure that those expectations do not end in disappointment.
If I may ask, why do you think Denmark needs even tougher migration policies?
crals

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 03:21:53 PM »

If I may ask, why do you think Denmark needs even tougher migration policies?
I mean, it's not really a political debate forum, but I have shortly answered it below here:

The two biggest issues are the difficulty in deporting criminal immigrants + the asylum system. Too often, repeat criminals and criminals which commit serious crime cannot be sentenced to deportation "due to Denmark's international obligations", which is UN conventions and ECHR. The asylum system works terrible and has all the wrong incentives. It should only be possible to seek asylum in Denmark if you are fleeing areas, which are neighbours or where Denmark is the first safe country. For all others, it shouldn't be possible to seek asylum in Denmark. The possibility to seek asylum for everyone creates the incentive for people to cross through Europe to get to the places with the best living conditions and/or relatives and communities. That is especially bad for the big group of economic migrants, whose asylum requests are rejected, but who are then very difficult and expensive to get to leave the country. And even for real refugees, it means there will never be talk of just temporary stay for people in need; it will almost always lead to permanent stay even when the situation in the home country has improved. Again, UN conventions and ECHR seem to be the biggest barriers to a sensible asylum system.
Thank you! I apologize if it was off-topic.
crals

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 11:10:06 AM »

Were there no demands on migration from the other Red bloc parties to support Frederiksen?
crals

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 05:55:31 AM »

So what are the big differences between her new party and DPP? Aside from not wanting to leave the EU they seem very similar.
crals

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2022, 07:23:19 AM »

Such a government would require Støjberg to have a majority, at least according to that poll. Would RV work with her?
crals

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2022, 02:23:49 PM »

Why is there such an obsession with a cross-bloc government anyway? The Danish bloc system seems to function well enough and is good for democracy as voters have a better idea of what they will get.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies