This is the worst ad of the election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:47:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  This is the worst ad of the election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: This is the worst ad of the election  (Read 2665 times)
Suburban Republican
omelott
Israel

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2019, 04:42:03 PM »

This post is just pathetic and only serves to validate the Republican belief that Democrats are “unpatriotic” and hate America.
DBinSJ
Rookie
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2019, 09:31:01 AM »

"That has to be the most generic ad ever made." LOL.

This doesn't seem like the product of what will be a winning campaign.

Decades ago, WFMT in Chicago came out with a spoof on editorials, in the form of one in favor of food. Likewise, this ad seems more like a parody than the real thing.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2022, 07:43:12 PM »

What wrong with a patriotically themed ad? If anything, I’m happy Tulsi is trying to reclaim Patriotism and love of country from the Republicans.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2022, 08:37:12 PM »

Eh, the ad was still fine. The fact that Tulsi has exposed herself as a charlatan since then is a pretty separate issue imo.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2022, 01:37:44 PM »

yes, but she's very likely a Russian plant.

I don’t know who you are, but you nailed this one.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2022, 01:38:21 PM »

BRTD's attitude towards Gabbard (and this goes for Democrats in general) represents an abandonment of any possibility for bipartisanship in the foreseeable future. Some people on here probably think that I like Gabbard and Yang because I'm a "right-wing troll," but in all honesty, I think they're the best candidates to heal this country's divides after four years of the most divisive president since the Civil War. The fact that they're trying to create coalitions that include libertarians, former Trump supporters, and other right-wingers shows a genuine desire to reach across the aisle and repair the broken partisanship in this country. I don't want to live in a nation where the president only represents 51% of the populace. The last four presidents have been called "illegitimate" for a number of reasons, and I'm sick of it.

The most obnoxious partisan red avatars will then whine about how "Buh-but the Republicans never compromise!" and mumble something about Mitch McConnell. Boo-hoo. McConnell won't be around forever, and I'd like to think that this country will outlive him. The question is whether that post-obstructionist country will be one of self-destructive partisanship or honest attempts at reaching a consensus. Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden, and Bernie Sanders are not consensus candidates. They're bare-minimum candidates whose path to victory is winning PA, MI, and WI and not much more. I want the Democrats to nominate someone who addresses the concerns of Trump supporters while still denouncing the divisive nature of this administration. Sorry, but you can't be the party of "stronger together" while simultaneously writing off a third of the electorate as "beyond hope."

Dule was so much less cynical three years back. I can never imagine him making a post like this now.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2022, 11:37:25 PM »

BRTD's attitude towards Gabbard (and this goes for Democrats in general) represents an abandonment of any possibility for bipartisanship in the foreseeable future. Some people on here probably think that I like Gabbard and Yang because I'm a "right-wing troll," but in all honesty, I think they're the best candidates to heal this country's divides after four years of the most divisive president since the Civil War. The fact that they're trying to create coalitions that include libertarians, former Trump supporters, and other right-wingers shows a genuine desire to reach across the aisle and repair the broken partisanship in this country. I don't want to live in a nation where the president only represents 51% of the populace. The last four presidents have been called "illegitimate" for a number of reasons, and I'm sick of it.

The most obnoxious partisan red avatars will then whine about how "Buh-but the Republicans never compromise!" and mumble something about Mitch McConnell. Boo-hoo. McConnell won't be around forever, and I'd like to think that this country will outlive him. The question is whether that post-obstructionist country will be one of self-destructive partisanship or honest attempts at reaching a consensus. Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden, and Bernie Sanders are not consensus candidates. They're bare-minimum candidates whose path to victory is winning PA, MI, and WI and not much more. I want the Democrats to nominate someone who addresses the concerns of Trump supporters while still denouncing the divisive nature of this administration. Sorry, but you can't be the party of "stronger together" while simultaneously writing off a third of the electorate as "beyond hope."

Dule was so much less cynical three years back. I can never imagine him making a post like this now.

All of that is still true and I haven’t changed my thoughts on it at all. I just sh*tpost about the suburbs more these days.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies