Group launching effort to recall Mike Dunleavy (R-AK) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:55:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Group launching effort to recall Mike Dunleavy (R-AK) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Group launching effort to recall Mike Dunleavy (R-AK)  (Read 3901 times)
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« on: August 02, 2019, 02:02:33 PM »

I would support this if the LG didn’t become Governor instead. Getting rid of Dunleavy isn’t enough. You need a Democratic Governor. I’d rather just beat him in 2022 with a Democrat instead.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 02:31:24 PM »

Would rather a fresh face at this point. Plenty of rising stars in the legislature who have proven their ability to win tough seats
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 02:07:46 PM »

Everybody talking about Begich trying again or winning this or Dunbar making an attempt needs to remember that if the recall is successful, then all that happens is Dunleavy is automatically succeeded by his lieutenant governor, Kevin Meyer. This isn't like Wisconsin 2012 where it's a full-on election or like California 2003 where voters elected a replacement governor. In Alaska, it basically amounts to a de facto impeachment/conviction performed by the people rather than the legislature.

That’s why I’m against the recall. The LG won’t be much better, so might as well just wait to beat Dunleavy with a Democrat in 2022
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 12:54:35 PM »

So did the recall effort just fizzle our I guess?

I wonder who runs in 2022, when Dunleavy should be beatable. Ethan Berkowitz seems like the biggest name on the Alaska Democratic bench nowadays, but there’s also state Senator Scott Kawasaki from Fairbanks who holds a Trump +19 seat and is a big Dunleavy critic. A Berkowitz-Kawasaki ticket seems like the strongest combo.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 06:08:44 PM »

So did the recall effort just fizzle our I guess?

I wonder who runs in 2022, when Dunleavy should be beatable. Ethan Berkowitz seems like the biggest name on the Alaska Democratic bench nowadays, but there’s also state Senator Scott Kawasaki from Fairbanks who holds a Trump +19 seat and is a big Dunleavy critic. A Berkowitz-Kawasaki ticket seems like the strongest combo.

Walker has not closed his campaign account and has not ruled out running for office again.

He left extremely unpopular. There’s better, fresher options.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies