Group launching effort to recall Mike Dunleavy (R-AK) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 06:20:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Group launching effort to recall Mike Dunleavy (R-AK) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Group launching effort to recall Mike Dunleavy (R-AK)  (Read 3908 times)
LabourJersey
United States

« on: August 03, 2019, 04:36:59 PM »

Good. If I was an Alaskan I would be livid about those education cuts. He's kneecaping the whole education system in the state and all that's going to do is push young people to the mainland US.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 04:53:54 PM »

The thing is Alaska has an unworkable economy, like a neoliberal Venezuela. The state has no reliable source of income - no sales tax, no income tax etc - outside of oil, an industry that itself requires generous benefits and tax credits in lean times to stay afloat. This problem will just get worse and worse if electric cars really start to take a giant chunk out of oil demand.

I think eventually politicians will have to bite the bullet and institute an income or sales tax. A state's economy can't be that oil dependent in the medium to long term.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies