Group launching effort to recall Mike Dunleavy (R-AK)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:52:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Group launching effort to recall Mike Dunleavy (R-AK)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Group launching effort to recall Mike Dunleavy (R-AK)  (Read 3870 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2020, 10:59:03 AM »

Begich is the likely candidate but it would be great to see Forrest Dunbar make an attempt, especially since he was one of the masterminds behind the operation that created the "independent with the support of the Democratic party" model that has been so successful.

Begich is the reason we are in this mess. If he didn't run Walker would most likely have won. It was only out of bubris he handed the election to Republicans

Not really, Walker was already in the pits and probably going to lose anyway.

The only thing Begich did wrong in running was make himself look bad in the face of a rematch against Sullivan.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2020, 03:30:26 PM »

Begich is the likely candidate but it would be great to see Forrest Dunbar make an attempt, especially since he was one of the masterminds behind the operation that created the "independent with the support of the Democratic party" model that has been so successful.

Begich is the reason we are in this mess. If he didn't run Walker would most likely have won. It was only out of bubris he handed the election to Republicans

Not really, Walker was already in the pits and probably going to lose anyway.

The only thing Begich did wrong in running was make himself look bad in the face of a rematch against Sullivan.

Totally agree that Begich hampered his senate chances greatly by doing this.

Now would he be a better candidate than Gross? I think that's a little unclear but honestly I would lean Gross.

But back to the main point, I think that Walker would have lost or at the very least done better than Walker. From the polls I saw it was pretty close between Dunleavy v Begich and Dunleavy v Walker with Walker being ahead in half of them and Begich ahead in none. Now it's Alaska polling so who really knows, but what is clear is that so much organization and reasources were wasted in the infighting between Begich and Walker
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2020, 12:54:35 PM »

So did the recall effort just fizzle our I guess?

I wonder who runs in 2022, when Dunleavy should be beatable. Ethan Berkowitz seems like the biggest name on the Alaska Democratic bench nowadays, but there’s also state Senator Scott Kawasaki from Fairbanks who holds a Trump +19 seat and is a big Dunleavy critic. A Berkowitz-Kawasaki ticket seems like the strongest combo.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2020, 06:00:38 PM »

I wonder who runs in 2022, when Dunleavy should be beatable. Ethan Berkowitz seems like the biggest name on the Alaska Democratic bench nowadays, but there’s also state Senator Scott Kawasaki from Fairbanks who holds a Trump +19 seat and is a big Dunleavy critic. A Berkowitz-Kawasaki ticket seems like the strongest combo.

Walker has not closed his campaign account and has not ruled out running for office again.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2020, 06:08:44 PM »

Walker has not closed his campaign account and has not ruled out running for office again.

He left extremely unpopular. There’s better, fresher options.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2020, 07:54:56 AM »

Its funny how Gross campaign was solely dependent on recall effort and it backfired.  That's why Sullivan is 13 pts ahead of Gross
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies