Most likely Republican nominee in 2024, Part II (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:49:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  Most likely Republican nominee in 2024, Part II (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who is the likely Republican nominee in 2024?
Sen. Josh Hawley (MO)

Gov. Ron DeSantis (FL)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Most likely Republican nominee in 2024, Part II  (Read 1485 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: August 27, 2019, 11:29:56 AM »

Of the two choices presented, DeSantis.

I still think that it'll be Pence, though.

That's what I am thinking. DeSantis would be a great running mate, though and someone who would be great afterwards, too. There's a lot of possibilities for him.

He can run himself and become president in 2024.
He can run as Pence's running mate in 2024.
He can wait until 2028 or eventually succeed Scott or Rubio in the senate if they run for President.
The meme of course is that Florida Republicans are as bad at national politics as Florida Democrats are at state politics.

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 01:34:55 PM »

DeSantis easily. Hawley’s Senate seat will be up in 2024. DeSantis’s governorship won’t be. Of course if Rick Scott retires/runs for POTUS that year that’ll create a dilemma. Without Scott he is their best hope at retaining the seat. In fact he may have a better chance of winning the open seat than Scott does of being re-elected. Also if Rubio is somehow no longer in the senate by then he could make a comeback for the other seat.

I don’t think Rubio is going anywhere. He wants to be in Washington. He could run in 2024 or 2026 for Governor.

I think DeSantis probably has a better chance than Scott at becoming president. Scott is 60 and DeSantis is 40. DeSantis has to deal with saying stupid sh**t. Biden and Obama said stupid sh**t. Scott has to deal with allegations of corruption but that hasn’t stopped him yet. Maybe Scott will be tougher because he has had to deal with bigger scandals. They both come from upper class colleges. Presidents and justices has exclusively come from them since Reagan. Pence or even Biden have come from Middle Class schools. That’s almost a reason to root for them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies