OH-Quinnipiac: Biden +8, other match ups competitive (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:56:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  OH-Quinnipiac: Biden +8, other match ups competitive (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH-Quinnipiac: Biden +8, other match ups competitive  (Read 11536 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 26, 2019, 12:57:54 AM »

I think that this poll is probably more friendly towards Democrats than Ohio will ultimately be, but I do want to note that Trump's approval in Ohio in the midterms was likely not +7.  After the 2016 elections, FOX decided to switch to an enhanced version, called voter analysis.  It shows his midterm approval at -2 and his favorability at +2, which seems a little more likely to me.

Good point....

Also, since nobody else has mentioned it on this thread (unless I missed something), polling in OH gets really tricky because of the extremely large number of Major Media Markets, which makes it harder than many other states to poll (Florida exhibits similar characteristics and polling issues).

I wouldn't hold my breath on any poll out of OH this early on, until we start to see additional data points that confirm this is a real shift in OH....

That being said.... Trump hasn't really succeeded in bringing good paying Union jobs back to OH last time I checked, despite his economic-protectionist policies.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of "buyers remorse" from '08/'12 Obama >Trump  voters on this topic.....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies