UK General Discussion: 2019. Blackadder goes Brexit. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:46:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Discussion: 2019. Blackadder goes Brexit. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK General Discussion: 2019. Blackadder goes Brexit.  (Read 70971 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 09, 2019, 11:58:08 AM »

In the case of a caretaker government, would Labour ever discuss choosing someone besides Corbyn as the caretaker PM?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 03:10:52 PM »

In the case of a caretaker government, would Labour ever discuss choosing someone besides Corbyn as the caretaker PM?

They should be open to that. It would be idiotic and suicidal not to (then again, it's the Labour Party we're talking about...).
The Lib Dems, SNP, the Conservative rebels, and basically every other non-Labour/Conservative group have repeatedly said they don’t care that the leader is necessarily from their own party, and Jo Swinson actually suggested Ken Clarke or Harriet Harman. But literally just last weekend, John McDonnell said, “We’ll never accept an interim government without Jeremy Corbyn as PM.”

So, I guess my question is, do you guys think Corbyn is going to force the party to stand by him? Or will he cave and let Swinson or Clarke or Harman become the caretaker PM once the government falls apart?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 06:55:29 PM »

Why has Jeremy Corbyn become so unpopular in the last few years despite obviously having the best platform?
Perhaps because a lot of Brits think his platform is, understandably, trash? Also, he's just really unlikeable.

Neither of these things are actually correct - Labour's policies under JC often poll well in particular.

Yes - he might win elections if he tried to lead Labour instead of trying to create a personality cult that makes Putin seem as humble as Jimmy Carter.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 10:43:24 AM »

The SNP is seriously making a name for itself. I imagine if they keep this up, they’ll reach their 2015 results, right?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 08:34:58 AM »

The LibDems and SNP have finally shown their true colors, it seems. They don't give a sh*t about stopping BoJo's hard-Brexit deal, or even about taking No Deal off the table. They'll happily throw all that under the bus and let put a hard-right Tory government in power if that allows them to win a few seats.

What a shameful, disgusting bunch of third-rate hacks. If Remainers really want to put their trust in them, they deserve everything that's coming to them.
No. They actually have principles, and are fighting to ensure the UK never leaves the EU. The real hacks are Labour, who refuse to take a definative position and fight hard to stop the greatest threat to the UK in decades.
Hey guys? Neither of you want to see a Conservative majority (granted, the Lib Dems don’t want to see a Labour majority either).

Is there a chance of Labour-SNP-LD somehow getting a majority? And if so, would the SNP ever consider joining a government? I can’t imagine the Lib Dems want to govern with the Conservatives for a long time yet, so I am curious about what kind of coalition could possibly happen.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2019, 08:07:36 PM »

Just saw that UKIP’s leader resigned. AGAIN. Party needs to just disband.
Their big mistake was choosing a bland technocrat like Bolton over an actually smart guy who believed in The Party *cough* Whittle *cough*. With Farage gone and no decent replacement in sight, they’ll eventually merge with the Brexit Party or disband (officially or unofficially).
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2019, 12:44:38 PM »

Hmm... Angela Rayner probably has my support.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies