Morning Consult's Governor Approval Rankings Q2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:37:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Morning Consult's Governor Approval Rankings Q2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Morning Consult's Governor Approval Rankings Q2  (Read 3346 times)
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2019, 05:35:03 PM »

Ralph Northam at +5 is such a damn hypocritical look for democrats, imo.

How that dude survived the kkk/blackface scandal is beyond me. And nobody even cares that he admitted it in the immediate aftermath.

Dems MUST primary him.

Virginia has a one-term limit on the governorship, so he can't run again.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2019, 07:59:35 PM »

How that dude survived the kkk/blackface scandal is beyond me. And nobody even cares that he admitted it in the immediate aftermath.

Dems MUST primary him.

And the fact that he didn't have to run again probably played a part in his decision to just ride it out.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2019, 08:35:28 PM »

Dems MUST primary him.

And the fact that he didn't have to run again probably played a part in his decision to just ride it out.

I mean the idea of him resigning over a 30 year photo is kind of absurd especially with Trump getting away with everything.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2019, 02:11:55 PM »

Dems MUST primary him.

I mean the idea of him resigning over a 30 year photo is kind of absurd especially with Trump getting away with everything.

Especially when Northam at least admitted his mistake, repented, & seemed to grow as a human being, something which Trump is incapable of doing.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2019, 02:34:07 PM »

Dems MUST primary him.

Especially when Northam at least admitted his mistake, repented, & seemed to grow as a human being, something which Trump is incapable of doing.

Agree. Justin Fairfax should resign though, as he's accused of multiple sexual harassment in more recent years.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2019, 04:58:26 PM »

Dems MUST primary him.

Agree. Justin Fairfax should resign though, as he's accused of multiple sexual harassment in more recent years.

And they have gone nowhere, the women are refusing to go to police to investigate. You have people accusing someone with no hard evidence and no investigation, so the result is nothing happening.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2019, 05:34:29 PM »

Dems MUST primary him.

He cant run for re-election anyway.
LiberalDem19

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -6.26

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2019, 07:04:02 PM »

Walz +18

But I thought Minnesotans were fed up with Taxing Tim?
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2019, 09:34:38 PM »

I think these polls are ultimately pretty meaningless for candidates that aren't surpassing a 50% approval rating (and even then they fall far short of guaranteeing reelection). But, if we are going to extrapolate from this info, some thoughts...

Kelly +27, Sisolak +22, Cooper +20, Walz +18, and Evers +15 are highly satisfactory numbers to me.

Kemp +23? Disgusting!

Pretty mediocre numbers for Reynolds, Noem, and Justice, although Noem probably doesn't have anything to worry about in 2022. I think Reynolds could easily find herself in another competitive race (especially if it's another Trump midterm) but would still be favored. Lujan Grisham does surprisingly poorly here too (considering her impressive 2018 margin), but I can't imagine her losing in any circumstance.

I don't think Raimondo was any more popular in 2018 and she still had no trouble dispatching a supposedly top-tier GOP recruit, so I doubt that her numbers here really foreshadow any sort of trouble. Brown's in the same boat.

Duke of York

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2019, 12:11:26 AM »

I think these polls are ultimately pretty meaningless for candidates that aren't surpassing a 50% approval rating (and even then they fall far short of guaranteeing reelection). But, if we are going to extrapolate from this info, some thoughts...

Kelly +27, Sisolak +22, Cooper +20, Walz +18, and Evers +15 are highly satisfactory numbers to me.

Kemp +23? Disgusting!

Pretty mediocre numbers for Reynolds, Noem, and Justice, although Noem probably doesn't have anything to worry about in 2022. I think Reynolds could easily find herself in another competitive race (especially if it's another Trump midterm) but would still be favored. Lujan Grisham does surprisingly poorly here too (considering her impressive 2018 margin), but I can't imagine her losing in any circumstance.

I don't think Raimondo was any more popular in 2018 and she still had no trouble dispatching a supposedly top-tier GOP recruit, so I doubt that her numbers here really foreshadow any sort of trouble. Brown's in the same boat.

I agree with this assessment. I doubt Lamont is going to lose given Malloy survived two red wave elections and I don’t see Polis loosing given how Colorado seems to get bluer every month
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2019, 01:11:12 PM »

Why has Gavin Newsom such a low approval despite winning with 62% of the vote? He would most likely win 62% again if the election was rerun.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2019, 01:28:22 PM »

Gee, there is not a single Dem in the top 10? That's hard.

LOL at Ned Lamont. What's wrong with the dude? Another Malloy or is CT hostile to all sitting govs? JBE's numbers are not too good either, his reelection won't be a cakewalk.

The economic/budget situation in CT has never recovered from the 2008 crash.  It's IL waiting to happen. 
ctrepublican512

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2019, 02:36:43 AM »

Kemp +23? Disgusting!

I agree with this assessment. I doubt Lamont is going to lose given Malloy survived two red wave elections and I don’t see Polis loosing given how Colorado seems to get bluer every month

Lamont probably won’t run again, but if he does I doubt he wins
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2019, 01:38:24 PM »

Kemp +23? Disgusting!

Unless he has a major scandal (doubtful), I don't see him losing. Malloy won two elections during a red wave and the Republicans are probably stupid enough to nominate another fellow from the hard-right. Could be Lamont retires, what would put Susan Bysiewicz in a strong position.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2019, 06:52:18 AM »

The problem with the whole 'Democrats are doing bad' thing is that in Blue states, Democrats are usually more likely to be mature and be okay with an R governor. Meanwhile, in Red or Red-ish states, Republicans refuse to be okay with a Democratic governor.
ctrepublican512

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2019, 01:44:04 AM »

Kemp +23? Disgusting!

Unless he has a major scandal (doubtful), I don't see him losing. Malloy won two elections during a red wave and the Republicans are probably stupid enough to nominate another fellow from the hard-right. Could be Lamont retires, what would put Susan Bysiewicz in a strong position.

Yes it would be that he passes the torch to our LG. Mrs. Lamont apparently only signed up for 4 years. Bysiewicz isn’t that liked in the state but that could change. She would most certainly get a serious primary challange. Also, Stefanowski was an awful nominee - but - please stip saying he was far right. If anytbing he was adjusting to the hyperpolarization we live in. Half of this site laughed at the lrospect of him winning, when he lost by just over 3%. He was an apolitical novice/opportunist that donated to Dems loathed by CT GOP base and even flirted running as a Democrat in the gubernatorial.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies