GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:01:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42
Poll
Question: Who will Brian Kemp appoint as Johnny Isakson’s successor?
Nathan Deal

Casey Cagle

Geoff Duncan

Brad Raffensperger

Chris Carr

Karen Handel

Rob Woodall

Doug Collins

Austin Scott

Drew Ferguson

Nick Ayers

Buddy Carter

Barry Loudermilk

Tom Price

Newt Gingrich

Jody Hice

Saxby Chambliss

Hunter Hill

Rick Allen

Brian Kemp

Tom Graves

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 117

Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last  (Read 79804 times)
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #975 on: October 27, 2020, 09:03:51 PM »

FWIW I think they did $1 million in TV ads in Texas.

It actually appears that republican voters against trump seems to be doing a lot more in terms of grassroots content.

I listen to Hacks on Tap and Mike Murphy, who runs RVAT, is super knowledgeable about the ground game. I think his focus is south Florida.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #976 on: October 28, 2020, 07:48:13 PM »

I'm very curious to see the county map for this race. It's gonna be weird. Right now, I have Warnock winning the counties in red (Abrams '18, Fayette, the expanded black belt, and a few smaller metros.) That said, I have absolutely no idea how the blue counties are going to go except for some vague sense Collins will overperform in his Northeast Georgia district and Loeffler might do best in the rest of the Atlanta exurbs. South Georgia is a big question mark so far as I'm concerned. What are your thoughts?

Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #977 on: October 28, 2020, 08:14:57 PM »

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #978 on: October 28, 2020, 08:16:56 PM »

Trump wasn't familiar with The Proud Boys too.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #979 on: October 28, 2020, 08:19:17 PM »

What a pathetic person
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #980 on: October 28, 2020, 11:00:23 PM »

The Pope isn't Catholic either.
new_patomic

« Reply #981 on: October 28, 2020, 11:49:46 PM »

The speed at which she's debased herself just to reach the runoff is amazing.

She was supposed to the safer choice who could still appeal to suburban women.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #982 on: October 29, 2020, 03:32:55 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2020, 06:22:28 AM by Brittain33 »

Jim Oberweis and Carly Fiorina start to look good next to Loeffler.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #983 on: October 29, 2020, 06:00:21 AM »

Wow. By giving a non-answer, she's managed to reframe the election so she looks even worse!

If she's not careful, Warnock could turn the whole 'family values' card against her in the runoff, if this continues.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #984 on: October 29, 2020, 06:08:35 AM »

A Warnock vs Loeffler runoff would be the 2020 equivalent of Jones vs Moore.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #985 on: October 29, 2020, 06:11:33 AM »

Probably more like Kander vs Blunt tbh, though with Warnock winning because Georgia is much less Republican than Missouri is. Warnock will not overperform by Jones vs Moore levels.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #986 on: October 29, 2020, 06:13:20 AM »

Probably more like Kander vs Blunt tbh, though with Warnock winning because Georgia is much less Republican than Missouri is. Warnock will not overperform by Jones vs Moore levels.

I wasn't referring to the context of the states themselves. I meant more that it's a relatively unexceptional Democratic candidate vs someone that encapsulates the absolute worst of the Republican Party. 
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #987 on: October 29, 2020, 06:41:32 AM »

I wasn't referring to the context of the states themselves. I meant more that it's a relatively unexceptional Democratic candidate vs someone that encapsulates the absolute worst of the Republican Party. 

The recent favorability ratings seem to counter that. If anything, Warnock seems like the perfect candidate for this moment in time in GA.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #988 on: October 29, 2020, 09:41:18 AM »

The recent favorability ratings seem to counter that. If anything, Warnock seems like the perfect candidate for this moment in time in GA.

The big question though is how much of his favorability score is thanks to the trajectory of the race. Remember Warnock was unknown by the electorate two months ago. His quick movement from third to a dominating first place has strategically insulated his campaign from the type of negative ad bombardment that all the competitive candidates are throwing at each other. Now of course this all does matter, there is now less time to define the candidate in a runoff situation and Warnock has 'free' air time to build a message now, but some of his approvers may be voters who just haven't 'met' Warnock as a partisan candidate.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #989 on: October 29, 2020, 09:48:57 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2020, 10:07:55 AM by Oryxslayer »

I'm very curious to see the county map for this race. It's gonna be weird. Right now, I have Warnock winning the counties in red (Abrams '18, Fayette, the expanded black belt, and a few smaller metros.) That said, I have absolutely no idea how the blue counties are going to go except for some vague sense Collins will overperform in his Northeast Georgia district and Loeffler might do best in the rest of the Atlanta exurbs. South Georgia is a big question mark so far as I'm concerned. What are your thoughts?

The best analogy right now is the 2019 Louisiana Governors race. Warnock is somewhere between 40 and 50 percent, and his Republican opposition is dueling in the 20s. This absolutely means that Warnock will carry a ton of Republican counties in the first round on pluralities thanks to favorable vote splits. Now I'm not sure where Warnock will see more plurality victories, but he will get it. One point of view suggests that the northern subrubs and exurbs are moving towards the Dems so there are enough Blue voters to see Warnock sneak through on 38% pluralities. The other line of thought sees all the 40% AA counties that vote red in the south of the state and expects them to flip because of vote splits.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/10/12/us/elections/results-louisiana-governor-primary-election.html
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #990 on: October 29, 2020, 09:55:17 AM »

You guys hold Loeffler to higher standards than you should be. Anyone claiming she was picked because of her qualifications is kidding themselves.
Ritz
Rookie
United States

« Reply #991 on: October 29, 2020, 11:11:08 AM »

What in god's name is going on in the 538 model?

Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #992 on: October 29, 2020, 11:32:50 AM »

Oh wow, I was wondering why they were giving Warnock a <1% chance of avoiding a runoff when you'd think it'd be more like ~10% at this point. WTF are they doing indeed.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #993 on: October 29, 2020, 12:00:19 PM »

You guys hold Loeffler to higher standards than you should be. Anyone claiming she was picked because of her qualifications is kidding themselves.

I agree. Wasn't she chosen because she was a donor and/or a personal friend of Governor Kemp's? Loeffler, like Trump, never held any political office prior to this one.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #994 on: October 29, 2020, 12:06:46 PM »

The best analogy right now is the 2019 Louisiana Governors race. Warnock is somewhere between 40 and 50 percent, and his Republican opposition is dueling in the 20s. This absolutely means that Warnock will carry a ton of Republican counties in the first round on pluralities thanks to favorable vote splits. Now I'm not sure where Warnock will see more plurality victories, but he will get it. One point of view suggests that the northern subrubs and exurbs are moving towards the Dems so there are enough Blue voters to see Warnock sneak through on 38% pluralities. The other line of thought sees all the 40% AA counties that vote red in the south of the state and expects them to flip because of vote splits.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/10/12/us/elections/results-louisiana-governor-primary-election.html

Right but the big question is where does the vote split and by what margins? If Loeffler is winning--for example--the Republican vote in Forsyth 65-35, she's going to get a plurality in the county. Only if it's 50-50 does the map get shaky. My question, then, is where is Loeffler's base and where is Collins'.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #995 on: October 29, 2020, 03:02:27 PM »

It's political malpractice that Loeffler hasn't been asked about QAnon yet.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #996 on: October 29, 2020, 03:41:02 PM »

She was in the debate and claimed not to know what QAnon is
Lognog
United States

« Reply #997 on: October 29, 2020, 05:48:50 PM »

She was in the debate and claimed not to know what QAnon is

She should have been pushed on it
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #998 on: October 29, 2020, 05:58:01 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2020, 06:04:12 PM by 413 »

I actually think Collins will win the exurbs for the most part, with Loeffler winning the rurals (other than the NE). Loeffler has aggressively positioned herself to the right of Collins, with Collins portraying himself as the clean, upright candidate. Of course, depending on the margin between the two, Loeffler could just win everything outside of NE Georgia.

It looks like he already has nearly every county where Clinton got over 35% of the vote going to Warnock. Even if the split between Loeffler and Collins is pretty even statewide, it's going to be very difficult for Warnock to win counties where Clinton was in the low 30s, and all but impossible in places where she was below 30.
walleye26

« Reply #999 on: October 29, 2020, 09:32:30 PM »

What are the odds Warnock actually clears 50%? I know some lame Dems like Lieberman and Tarver are running, but if enough GOPers hate Collins and Loeffler for this madness and leave it blank or high Black turnout in Georgia happens, could Warnock avoid the runoff?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies