GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:52:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 42
Poll
Question: Who will Brian Kemp appoint as Johnny Isakson’s successor?
Nathan Deal

Casey Cagle

Geoff Duncan

Brad Raffensperger

Chris Carr

Karen Handel

Rob Woodall

Doug Collins

Austin Scott

Drew Ferguson

Nick Ayers

Buddy Carter

Barry Loudermilk

Tom Price

Newt Gingrich

Jody Hice

Saxby Chambliss

Hunter Hill

Rick Allen

Brian Kemp

Tom Graves

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 117

Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last  (Read 80011 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: May 24, 2020, 05:49:54 PM »

If she drops out the Democrats need to force everyone out and endorse Warnock.

No, they need to force Warnock to drop out and endorse Lieberman (i.e. the strongest - or rather, least weak - Democrat running).  Of course, they should be spending on the regular Georgia Senate race since unlike Warnock or Lieberman, Osoff actually has a chance of winning even if it's a long shot and the money would be much better spent on Maine, North Carolina, Montana, and (if Kobach is the Republican nominee) Kansas.
The candidate who has $1 million more cash on hand, endorsed by the largest vote getting Democrat in the state’s history, and to be frank- the candidate who is Black in a state where 2/3 of the votes Democrats will get in November and a run off will be Black needs to drop out because of some polls six months out when NO ONE has been campaigning? Nah.

Agreed. Also....in what world is Ossoff better than Warnock?

Yeah, Ossoff literally lost a special election race in 2017 that should have been a slam dunk win.

No? 2018 was a wave year with Democrats winning the popular vote by 9%, and McBath *just* skated by for a win. Ossoff only lost by like 2% in 2017 b/c the race got nationalized. Pure and simple. These takes that Ossoff was a bad candidate and had a horrible loss don't jive with reality, especially in that district that still wildly swung left despite Ossoff still losing.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #626 on: May 24, 2020, 06:10:04 PM »

No, they need to force Warnock to drop out and endorse Lieberman (i.e. the strongest - or rather, least weak - Democrat running).  Of course, they should be spending on the regular Georgia Senate race since unlike Warnock or Lieberman, Osoff actually has a chance of winning even if it's a long shot and the money would be much better spent on Maine, North Carolina, Montana, and (if Kobach is the Republican nominee) Kansas.
The candidate who has $1 million more cash on hand, endorsed by the largest vote getting Democrat in the state’s history, and to be frank- the candidate who is Black in a state where 2/3 of the votes Democrats will get in November and a run off will be Black needs to drop out because of some polls six months out when NO ONE has been campaigning? Nah.

Yeah, Ossoff literally lost a special election race in 2017 that should have been a slam dunk win.

No? 2018 was a wave year with Democrats winning the popular vote by 9%, and McBath *just* skated by for a win. Ossoff only lost by like 2% in 2017 b/c the race got nationalized. Pure and simple. These takes that Ossoff was a bad candidate and had a horrible loss don't jive with reality, especially in that district that still wildly swung left despite Ossoff still losing.

But this doesn't make him a good statewide candidate.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #627 on: May 24, 2020, 06:30:16 PM »

But this doesn't make him a good statewide candidate.

He is obviously the best from those currently running. It's not his fault if Tomlinson proved to be a dud.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #628 on: May 24, 2020, 06:34:38 PM »

The real world Tongue
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #629 on: May 24, 2020, 08:24:18 PM »

The real world Tongue

Did Warnock cut you off on the highway or something?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #630 on: May 24, 2020, 08:33:06 PM »

The real world Tongue

There are a couple of Democratic posters here who still believe that the story about Warnock running over his wife's foot was real.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #631 on: May 24, 2020, 09:09:07 PM »

No, they need to force Warnock to drop out and endorse Lieberman (i.e. the strongest - or rather, least weak - Democrat running).  Of course, they should be spending on the regular Georgia Senate race since unlike Warnock or Lieberman, Osoff actually has a chance of winning even if it's a long shot and the money would be much better spent on Maine, North Carolina, Montana, and (if Kobach is the Republican nominee) Kansas.

The real world Tongue

No, I just want the strongest Democrat.  I’m glad the story about Warnock running over his wife’s foot turned out not to be true, but I have been decidedly unimpressed by him as a candidate all the same.  Maybe someone can explain what I’m missing here?

Plus, the fact is that we have a far better shot of beating Perdue with Osoff than we do of beating Collins with Warnock or Lieberman (both of whom are weak C-list candidates, whereas Osoff is a B/B- candidate who has outraised everyone else running in either Senate race).
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #632 on: May 24, 2020, 09:24:56 PM »

No, they need to force Warnock to drop out and endorse Lieberman (i.e. the strongest - or rather, least weak - Democrat running).  Of course, they should be spending on the regular Georgia Senate race since unlike Warnock or Lieberman, Osoff actually has a chance of winning even if it's a long shot and the money would be much better spent on Maine, North Carolina, Montana, and (if Kobach is the Republican nominee) Kansas.

The real world Tongue

No, I just want the strongest Democrat.  I’m glad the story about Warnock running over his wife’s foot turned out not to be true, but I have been decidedly unimpressed by him as a candidate all the same.  Maybe someone can explain what I’m missing here?

Plus, the fact is that we have a far better shot of beating Perdue with Osoff than we do of beating Collins with Warnock or Lieberman (both of whom are weak C-list candidates, whereas Osoff is a B/B- candidate who has outraised everyone else running in either Senate race).
Really odd that that you insist Warnock is a worse candidate when both polls I have seen had Warnock doing better than Lieberman.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #633 on: May 24, 2020, 09:30:46 PM »

Ossoff and Warnock are the best choices in their respective primaries and it's not even close. They balance one another out very well.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #634 on: May 25, 2020, 09:53:08 AM »

Maybe someone can explain what I’m missing here?

It's been explained numerous times on this board within the last 48 hours alone why he's the strongest Dem in the special election field, from both of public and behind-the-scenes perspective.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #635 on: May 25, 2020, 10:03:06 AM »

Ossoff and Warnock are the best choices in their respective primaries and it's not even close. They balance one another out very well.

Outside of their races obviously being different, I don't see this. Both are male candidates based in the Atlanta metro who don't bring actual governing experience to the ticket.

I've made it clear on this forum I think Tomlinson is far and away the better candidate for the regularly scheduled race. It's not because I trivially or superficially like her more.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #636 on: May 25, 2020, 10:12:59 AM »

Outside of their races obviously being different, I don't see this. Both are male candidates based in the Atlanta metro who don't bring actual governing experience to the ticket.

I've made it clear on this forum I think Tomlinson is far and away the better candidate for the regularly scheduled race. It's not because I trivially or superficially like her more.

The problem is that Tomlinson is a dumpster fire of a candidate in all actuality. The campaign she's run for the primary alone has been a big, wet thud.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #637 on: May 25, 2020, 11:05:24 AM »

He probably means that one is a young white Jewish guy while the other is an older black Evangelical, thus they appeal and bring out different parts of the Democratic coalition.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #638 on: May 25, 2020, 01:48:33 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2020, 01:52:52 PM by Everything Burns... »

Maybe someone can explain what I’m missing here?

It's been explained numerous times on this board within the last 48 hours alone why he's the strongest Dem in the special election field, from both of public and behind-the-scenes perspective.

In that case, humor me and explain it again because no one has explained it to me Tongue  I don't really see what's so unreasonable about saying "random C-list sacrificial lamb #1 is probably a better candidate than random C-list sacrificial lamb #2 since the former is generally polling in second while the latter is generally polling in a single-digit fourth place."  It's not like Lieberman or Warnock stands a chance here unless some freak COVID-19 voter turnout fluke causes one of them to make it into a runoff with Loeffler rather than Collins.

The real world Tongue

No, I just want the strongest Democrat.  I’m glad the story about Warnock running over his wife’s foot turned out not to be true, but I have been decidedly unimpressed by him as a candidate all the same.  Maybe someone can explain what I’m missing here?

Really odd that that you insist Warnock is a worse candidate when both polls I have seen had Warnock doing better than Lieberman.

IIRC, Warnock has only led Lieberman in one poll whereas Lieberman [and Loeffler] has led Warnock in three polls (all of which have shown Lieberman at 13-15% and Warnock at 7-9%).  Those are the only four polls I've seen of the race.  Frankly, I don't have a dog in the Lieberman vs. Warnock fight except that we shouldn't be lighting money on fire by wasting it on this race (Osoff vs. Perdue OTOH appears to actually be a long-shot pickup opportunity even if getting past that 50% mark will be a really heavy lift, so I'm fine with spending a bit there as long as it doesn't come at the expense of Maine, North Carolina, Montana, Kansas - if Kobach gets nominated, etc).  Spending money on Lieberman or Warnock would be like wasting it on Hegar's campaign in Texas tbh.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #639 on: May 26, 2020, 01:52:09 PM »

Watched Raphael's announcement video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoERPDVOk38

Ya I'm on board, especially with Sherrod Brown's endorsement.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #640 on: May 26, 2020, 02:25:45 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2020, 03:38:14 PM by RogueBeaver »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #641 on: May 26, 2020, 02:51:50 PM »

I mean, random some dude on twitter who only uses all caps isn't really a credible source Tongue
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #642 on: May 26, 2020, 02:57:54 PM »

She’s doomed politically regardless. She was already a woman and completely out of touch with the KKK hicks in north and South Georgia so whatevs.

Her not being held criminally liable will be a disgrace.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #643 on: May 27, 2020, 12:25:29 AM »

She’s doomed politically regardless. She was already a woman and completely out of touch with the KKK hicks in north and South Georgia so whatevs.

Her not being held criminally liable will be a disgrace.

Yeah, she must've had enough plausible deniability & degrees of separation under the law, but I'd definitely still say that she was acting unethically. As some solace, her political career is now in tatters anyway.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #644 on: May 27, 2020, 05:57:39 AM »

i mean, this is the Bill Barr DOJ. Unsurprising that they let her off the hook in an election year.

Either way she's still cooked.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #645 on: May 27, 2020, 07:22:08 AM »

If I had to support a candidate today, I'd support Lieberman because he has a more likely chance in the first election.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #646 on: May 27, 2020, 08:50:30 AM »

Would be interesting to see what someone who understands the law fully thinks- the impression I get is that as long as you don't say to a trader/broker 'sell these shares' you can get away with it. The defence has been that it's done by a 'third-party advisor' but if you have a 30 minute conversation with them every week...

It's baffling why there isn't a requirement for assets to go into a blind trust at the very least.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #647 on: June 11, 2020, 07:46:09 PM »

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #648 on: June 11, 2020, 07:58:17 PM »

She very possibly has the worst political skills of anyone currently holding a major public office.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #649 on: June 12, 2020, 02:01:25 AM »

She very possibly has the worst political skills of anyone currently holding a major public office.

it's like she's a parody of herself
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 42  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies