GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:48:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 42
Poll
Question: Who will Brian Kemp appoint as Johnny Isakson’s successor?
Nathan Deal

Casey Cagle

Geoff Duncan

Brad Raffensperger

Chris Carr

Karen Handel

Rob Woodall

Doug Collins

Austin Scott

Drew Ferguson

Nick Ayers

Buddy Carter

Barry Loudermilk

Tom Price

Newt Gingrich

Jody Hice

Saxby Chambliss

Hunter Hill

Rick Allen

Brian Kemp

Tom Graves

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 117

Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last  (Read 79796 times)
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: May 22, 2020, 03:51:52 PM »

LOL "“Not only am I not dropping out, but I'm gonna win,” Loeffler said Thursday."
Upstater
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -4.00

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #601 on: May 22, 2020, 03:53:13 PM »

Loeffler is delusional.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #602 on: May 22, 2020, 07:58:30 PM »

WH team won't be involved till near the runoff and is very worried about Loeffler. Trump's own numbers are tightening.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #603 on: May 22, 2020, 10:02:41 PM »

I hate to say this but Trump has been correct about this race the entire time and has every right to be pissed off at Kemp.  This is such a ridiculously stupid own goal on Kemp's part. College educated Cobb County wine moms aren't coming back, it makes more sense to appoint Collin who the base likes.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #604 on: May 22, 2020, 10:09:09 PM »

I hate to say this but Trump has been correct about this race the entire time and has every right to be pissed off at Kemp.  This is such a ridiculously stupid own goal on Kemp's part. College educated Cobb County wine moms aren't coming back, it makes more sense to appoint Collin who the base likes.
Well if there was one thing Trump understands very well it is his own voters and who will vote for him.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #605 on: May 22, 2020, 10:09:57 PM »

If a candidate has to expressly say that they're not dropping out, then their campaign is already quite dead in the water.

Well, no sh*t. It's frickin' amateur hour with her & her staff.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #606 on: May 22, 2020, 10:16:52 PM »

Well if there was one thing Trump understands very well it is his own voters and who will vote for him.

Huh

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/29/trump-virginia-elections-1243100
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #607 on: May 22, 2020, 10:20:53 PM »

Is this the investing in VA thing? Because VA has a pair of important swing districts that Trump would be smart to plunge some resources in. The House GOP cannot afford the Dems just having two key 2018 flips going uncontested, and Trump himself would do well to spend some money here just to force Dems to do the same.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #608 on: May 23, 2020, 02:16:04 PM »

If she drops out the Democrats need to force everyone out and endorse Warnock.

No, they need to force Warnock to drop out and endorse Lieberman (i.e. the strongest - or rather, least weak - Democrat running).  Of course, they should be spending on the regular Georgia Senate race since unlike Warnock or Lieberman, Osoff actually has a chance of winning even if it's a long shot and the money would be much better spent on Maine, North Carolina, Montana, and (if Kobach is the Republican nominee) Kansas.
Upstater
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -4.00

P P
« Reply #609 on: May 23, 2020, 02:35:22 PM »

No, they need to force Warnock to drop out and endorse Lieberman (i.e. the strongest - or rather, least weak - Democrat running).  Of course, they should be spending on the regular Georgia Senate race since unlike Warnock or Lieberman, Osoff actually has a chance of winning even if it's a long shot and the money would be much better spent on Maine, North Carolina, Montana, and (if Kobach is the Republican nominee) Kansas.

If anything Lieberman is the weaker of the two.  And it would be far better for Democrats to have him drop out.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #610 on: May 23, 2020, 03:13:34 PM »

If anything Lieberman is the weaker of the two.  And it would be far better for Democrats to have him drop out.

If Lieberman is the weaker of the two, then this campaign has really gone a long way to making it seem as if he isn't.

Or, if we Occam's Razor it, maybe he's just not as bad a candidate as some people have expected/wanted him to be.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #611 on: May 23, 2020, 03:25:32 PM »

Lmao apparently my dad is voting for her in the primary.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #612 on: May 23, 2020, 03:35:53 PM »

I mean, Lieberman has - with the exception of one poll - been consistently been polling in double-digits (which is more than Warnock can say), specifically in second place behind Collins.  If anything, there's a slight danger Warnock could play spoiler and cause Loeffler to eek past Lieberman for the second runoff slot.  Warnock has raised more money than Lieberman, but that's basically all you can say in his favor and if that's our metric then why is no one talking about #UnbeatableTitan Jon Osoff.  I mean, you have one candidate consistently polling in second with 13-15% (Lieberman) and another candidate pretty consistently polling in fourth with 7-9% (Warnock). 

Honestly, I'm not sure what all the hype was about with Warnock, he always struck me as a pretty weak candidate (not that Lieberman isn't a C-lister himself).  People have been talking about the guy for like four years and he always seemed like just a random some dude pastor.  If his campaign so far is anything to go by, then before too long it'll be time for me to accept my accolades Tongue
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #613 on: May 23, 2020, 03:54:02 PM »

Warnock raised 1,5 million in two months and had 1,2 on hand, compared to Lieberman who raised 300 thousand and had 267 thousand on hand. So at least on that aspect he is by far the best Dem.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #614 on: May 23, 2020, 04:31:52 PM »

Warnock raised 1,5 million in two months and had 1,2 on hand, compared to Lieberman who raised 300 thousand and had 267 thousand on hand. So at least on that aspect he is by far the best Dem.

And yet, he’s still stuck in mid-to-upper single-digits which is good for fourth place.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #615 on: May 23, 2020, 04:38:25 PM »

And yet, he’s still stuck in mid-to-upper single-digits which is good for fourth place.

That's because Lieberman had a significant head start and Warnock didn't have the chance to campaign due to the virus.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #616 on: May 23, 2020, 05:08:01 PM »

I know this is about the 4th time I've ranted but it's madness that this race seems to have the worse Democratic recruits out of any of the states that could flip.

I wonder if the run-off & weirdness with two elections has contributed
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #617 on: May 23, 2020, 05:25:09 PM »

I know this is about the 4th time I've ranted but it's madness that this race seems to have the worse Democratic recruits out of any of the states that could flip.

I mean, no one expected Loeffler to implode like this Tongue
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #618 on: May 23, 2020, 07:49:39 PM »

That's because Lieberman had a significant head start and Warnock didn't have the chance to campaign due to the virus.

Warnock is doing exactly what he should be - loading up his warchest while letting the Democrats who will actually be on a ballot in June take up the media and voters' attention for now. His campaign strategy will likely be impacted by who the nominee for the other seat is. Its important for him to be doing this and doesn't make him a bad candidate.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #619 on: May 23, 2020, 10:34:27 PM »

The candidate who has $1 million more cash on hand, endorsed by the largest vote getting Democrat in the state’s history, and to be frank- the candidate who is Black in a state where 2/3 of the votes Democrats will get in November and a run off will be Black needs to drop out because of some polls six months out when NO ONE has been campaigning? Nah.
n1240

« Reply #620 on: May 24, 2020, 01:52:03 PM »

Interesting way of framing polling at 18% in an internal as a positive.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #621 on: May 24, 2020, 02:51:22 PM »

I mean, no one expected Loeffler to implode like this Tongue
Well, to be honest, I never expected her to be a fantastic candidate Tongue
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #622 on: May 24, 2020, 03:18:22 PM »

The candidate who has $1 million more cash on hand, endorsed by the largest vote getting Democrat in the state’s history, and to be frank- the candidate who is Black in a state where 2/3 of the votes Democrats will get in November and a run off will be Black needs to drop out because of some polls six months out when NO ONE has been campaigning? Nah.

Agreed. Also....in what world is Ossoff better than Warnock?
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #623 on: May 24, 2020, 03:28:43 PM »

Agreed. Also....in what world is Ossoff better than Warnock?

Yeah, Ossoff literally lost a special election race in 2017 that should have been a slam dunk win.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #624 on: May 24, 2020, 04:19:58 PM »

Yeah, Ossoff literally lost a special election race in 2017 that should have been a slam dunk win.

Again the same nonsense. If it was a slam-dunk then why no high-profile Democrat entered the race?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 42  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies