New Liberal Party Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:24:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Liberal Party Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: New Liberal Party Thread  (Read 2358 times)
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2019, 02:52:08 AM »

Is this the Party Anthem?
I figured it would fit with the new party slogan.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2019, 02:48:39 PM »

I didn't know about the song. It is appropriate. When we have enough money we can use the music in tv ads after the billboard ads.

The slogan and music is for the current visibility campaign. They are not permanent official party identification. I'm trying to keep things lively maybe until someone wants to develop strategy or a policy book.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2019, 02:11:08 PM »

Smoltchanov is awarded the platinum membership card for his many years of membership. He is very loyal, staying when all the others left and he kept the party alive.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2019, 01:32:41 PM »

I welcome our new members (totally new and returnee). I am glad our membership total has increased and hope for continued growth in the future.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2019, 08:15:02 PM »

The party's convention takes place in Seattle. If you want to join me I will be at the Fairmont Olympic Hotel, in the lounge.

I had a choice betwen here and rent a phone booth. I chose the fancy place because let's face it people go to convention for hotels and to visit.

There is still time to declare for most elections coming so if you are interested declare in the declaration thread.

See you at the spa!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2020, 10:39:23 PM »

Seeing stress and tensions of political parties convention, having a convention meeting at the spa was a good idea. It is relaxing.

The Liberal party has no candidate running yet so if you are interested in running under the party's banner think about it. All spots are open.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2020, 05:12:08 PM »

I imagine I'm still Chairman of the party. The party is still alive if some were wondering. We've just been doing social distancing before it became a popular thing. The Liberal party is a trend setter and we have good vision of the future.

There are many spots available for our members to be canadidates in the next elections but time is running out so act quickly. With the size of the party don't expect many votes guaranteed.

The party is asking the government and elections officials to provide safe ways for voters to cast a ballot so we have a virus free election.

Stay safe and Happy Easter.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2020, 05:02:22 PM »

It's time for the party convention. The two big parties are holding theirs in the South and Fremont so we will be holding the convention in the Lincoln region. Lincoln is the party's strong base with two thirds of our membership in the region. The specific location is Stowe in Vermont.

In Stowe we can be outddoors and have more space instead of being inside. We can discuss party things on the two picnic tables I have reserved. There will be a sign up sheet for members who want to run in the June elections. There is not a lot of compeition to run so if you want to run you will be a candidate.

Rooms have been reserved at the Trapp family lodge. We can go see Maria von Trapp grave and try to spot von Trapp family members. One evening for social activity there will be a Sound of Music sing-a-long.

We will visit Ben and Jerry's factory in nearby Waterbury and hopefully Ben or Jerry will talk about the ice cream company and the challenges of the food industry.

On another day I will participate in a roundtable with Howard Dean and Bernie Sanders. We will discuss our experiences in losing and the lessons learned. This activity will be off limit to the media to have frank and honest discussions.

For those wanting some adrenaline rush you can go to the alpine slide ride.

The party is always on the edge. On the edge of being an official party. I'm hoping the convention will bring new members.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2020, 07:53:51 PM »

Do you plan on running for president? To be honest given the current circumstances you would have a strong chance of making it far
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2020, 09:15:31 PM »

Do you plan on running for president? To be honest given the current circumstances you would have a strong chance of making it far

I don't have planned plans yet.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2020, 09:19:10 PM »

I read about NPC elections and I'm not familiar with this. I don't know if some have experience but if someone is interested in joining the party to help with this, feel free.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2020, 10:32:15 PM »

It's probably not good to publicly tell we are in expansion with four members now because it could quickly drop just like that. On our next convention meeting if things continue to go this way we might need to rent a minivan instead of a car!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2020, 11:10:38 AM »

I was looking at voter turnout on Encke's vote tracker and noticed the party has 100% turnout compared to 40% for the country.

I commend the civic engagement of our members.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2020, 01:47:38 PM »

As de facto party Chair I guess I need to recruit members. I've come up with a membership drive plan.

Membership drive

The vehicle we will be using to go around during our next convention will be determined by the number of party members on the census list. For example if we the party has 4 or less members we will be using a sedan car. Who gets to drive? The person who made the highest donation has the first opportunity to be at the wheel. If not interested, the opportunity will be given to the second highest donor. The more members in the party, the bigger the vehicle we will be using.

Here is the chart for the different types of vehicle according to the number of members:

0 to 4: sedan car
5 to 8: minivan
9 to 12: limo
13 to 22: minibus
23 to 50: coach bus

If you are interested in joining the party and particiate in the membership drive, go to the registration thread and write the party affiliation in the form describes in the first post of the registration thread here:
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=301814.0

The highest donor with a valid license for the type of vehicle we will be using will get the choice to drive. That is an authentic membership drive! And there is an incentive to grow the party, the more members, the bigger the vehicle.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2020, 03:19:58 PM »

Keep up the good work, Poirot! Though I don't feel I can join myself - potential conflict of interest for the NPC elections and all -, I really hope the Liberal Party grows in membership, and I'm glad someone is still fighting to offer a different perspective.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2020, 05:01:30 PM »

Our design department (we don't have enough money to hire outside expert firms) has produced a sign that will be used to advertise the party, make it known and help recruitment:   

It is mostly in blue because it is the official color of the party. The message is Be in the middle,  Join the Liberal Party in Atlasia. Be in the middle because there are two main sides and there needs to be more choices and options. The party can be in the middle of the two and not consistenly agree with one or the other side. There is a target symbol to symbolize the middle. The words Liberal Party are not exactly in the middle. We can strive for the middle but hard to be exactly in the middle. We can aim for the middle. (and I found the text exactly in the middle had lines over it and harder to read) The target symbol also represents the party's difficulty if we start gaining some importance because many are happy with only two sides, it serves them  and could try to target the viability of another option. The other image is a seesaw swing, it symbolizes that Atlasia is a game and at the moment there is an imbalance, one side is much heavier than the other.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2020, 09:52:01 PM »

Please consider joining the Liberal Party. We accept everyone. We really need people to keep party status. If you are interested or know someonw who could be or wants to do a charitable act, go to the registration thread.

Now I will go on the street corner to beg people.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2020, 02:05:57 AM »

Please consider joining the Liberal Party. We accept everyone. We really need people to keep party status. If you are interested or know someonw who could be or wants to do a charitable act, go to the registration thread.

What are your thoughts on the new Democratic Alliance?
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2020, 11:14:12 AM »

What are your thoughts on the new Democratic Alliance?

I had no idea this was in the plans and learned about it after returning from a campaign event in support of the party's candidates in the local NPC elections. I feel deflated to lose members while I wanted to do my best to elect NPC candidates nationwide. To see how quickly they recruit people is probably proof that I don't have abilities for a leadership position in a party. Now it's survival mode and try to be an official party while thinking of what to do for the NPC elections.

I guess having more parties is good and makes the game more dynamic and competitive. I won't have to deal with attacks from big parties since a micro party is not a factor.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2020, 10:00:47 PM »

I have made an ad for social media to try to get more people to join.

There is a dual meaning.

The first is we are a friendly party, we want to have a good time, have fun, we can gather to have a drink.

The other one is related to being called a cult party. In the group of people, the person in front is me, the cult leader. In the glass it's orange kool aid, so my followers drink the kool aid.

People can see what they want in the ad depending of what they think of the party.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2020, 10:10:41 PM »

I'm joining
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2020, 10:25:52 PM »

Welcome!
10 minutes to get results. This has the potential to be the most effective advertisement.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2020, 09:23:12 AM »

You truly deserve more members, Poirot. You're a great person with a great party which deserves more representation!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2021, 09:31:07 PM »

There has been a lot of activity lately in the registration thread. I would like to remind people the Liberal Party accepts new registrations and when you join you get a virtual free drink.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2021, 09:31:54 PM »

OBD/Sev seeks the party endorsement. We have good platform.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies