The Dance of Death - Gameplay Thread (1215) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:47:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Dance of Death - Gameplay Thread (1215) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Dance of Death - Gameplay Thread (1215)  (Read 13211 times)
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« on: July 08, 2019, 07:47:07 PM »

The Treaty of Damascus
I. Whereby the Sultan of Rum, Kaykaus, does swear his eternal loyalty and friendship to the Sultan of Egypt, Al-Adil.
II. And the Sultan of Egypt does pledge his eternal friendship to the same.
III. All taxes, tariffs, and other barriers on trade are removed at once, in order to strengthen the economic ties and relations between these two countries.
IV. An alliance is hereby formed, uniting the forces of Rum and Egypt in defense and times of war.
x Al-Adil, Sultan of Egypt
X Sultan Kaykaus I
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 08:36:28 PM »

Treaty of Nymphaion
I . Whereas a state of chronic conflict exists between the Roman Empire and the Seljuk Sultanate
II . Whereas both states now recognize the futility of continued bloodshed
III . The Roman Empire and Seljuk Sultanate agree to the following:
   A . The Roman Empire agrees for a period of 10 years to not directly or indirectly violate the borders of the Seljuk Sultanate and to recognize their present territorial holdings.
   B . The Seljuk Sultanate agrees for a period of 10 years to not directly or indirectly violate the borders of either the Roman Empire or the Roman state in Trebizond and to recognize their territorial holdings.
   C . Seljuk traders will be permitted to sell their wares and transport their goods freely in Smyrna, Nicaea, and Miletus.
xTheodore I Laskaris, in Christ, Emperor and Autocrat of the Romans
Kaykaus I, Sultan of Rum
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 12:49:01 PM »

-The crushing defeat at the hands of Theodore Laskaris has left the Sultanate substantially weakened, although the new peace appears to guarantee no further warfare, if only for the time being. Having lost your father and much of the professional army at the battle of Alasehir it will be an important task to determine how to rebuild the armies of Rum, and whether to seek an early campaign against a weaker enemy to restore trust and cement your still new rule over the Sultanate. How should the armies be rebuilt?

- For right now the Sultanate will look inward and rebuild our army. We will raise an additional 10,000 troops in 2 years. Potential campaigns in the future will be considered at a later date.

-Thanks to your efficiency during the succession struggle after the death of your father you managed to stop your brother Kayqubad from seizing the throne, imprisoning him and your other brother Kayferidun at a secure fortress in Anatolia. Their continued survival creates a strange dilemma for you, as although their deaths would leave your main family dangerously reduced and limit your possible heirs, their survival means the potential for their escape or for being used by those opposed to your rule. What will you do with your brothers now that you sit on the throne?

- My brothers will be kept under strong security although they will be treated and educated well in order to keep my claim on the throne strong.

-It will be relevant for the Sultanate to find new allies or possible partners in the short term, particularly due to the danger posed by antagonizing a larger power. Thus far you have maintained an uneasy alliance with the Komnenoi of Trebizond and propped David’s forces in Paphlagonia, although the continuation of that relationship might run the risk of angering Theodore and the Empire of Nicea. There is also the Nicean themselves, a new partnership with them, while unlikely, having the potential to give you more room to maneuver and not worry about another threat. The Ayyubids are also to be taken into account, Al-Adil being at the same time a possible friend or enemy. Who will you approach?

- We have negotiated a truce with the Romans and Trebizondians to secure our borders and an alliance with the Ayyubids to cement our security as we rebuild
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 11:19:44 PM »

Treaty between the Khwarazmian Empire and the Sultanate of Rum
The Parties to this Treaty have agreed as follows:
I. Each Party recognized that an attack directed against the territories of either of the Parties would be dangerous to its own peace and safety and declares that it would act to meet the common danger.
II. For the purposes of this Treaty, an attack shall include either an armed attack or subversive activities directed by foreign powers which threaten either Party’s territorial integrity and political stability.
III. In order to secure this alliance, all taxes, tariffs, and other barriers to trade shall be removed. Merchants of one state shall be subject to no more than the regular rights of merchants under the laws of the other.
IV. This Treaty shall remain in force indefinitely. Either Party may terminate it one year after notice has been given to the other party.
x Shah Mohammed II
Sultan Kaykaus I
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies