Apology
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:46:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Apology
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Apology  (Read 638 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 04, 2019, 11:58:34 AM »

I just wanted to come out and publicly say that I am sorry for the wrongs I have done Atlasia and it will be my best hope for this nation that it can prosper. I will become active again when my penalty is over and support party efforts. I plan to rejoin the Federalist Party and change regions. My last public office I held was Deputy Speaker of the South and I served with utmost integrity although I could have been more active. I acknowledge my shortcomings and still remain committed to Atlasia.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 12:01:19 PM »

This game is full of redeemed people. I mean hell just look incoming President. If you truly commit to doing better than most people will indeed give you another chance.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 01:07:47 PM »

In three months you'll be making another apology thread.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 01:08:13 PM »

In three months you'll be making another apology thread.

What for
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 05:35:01 AM »

I assume he's implying you'll do this again. However, I for one don't believe Kal should be criticizing people for wrongdoings in their past, from what I've heard he's done in the past.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2019, 07:03:52 AM »

The number one rule in Atlasia is to never apologize: just look at me!
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2019, 07:32:55 AM »

What did you do to warrant the stigma? I've heard countless times look at Griff he came back? What did you come back from?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2019, 07:41:36 AM »

What did you do to warrant the stigma? I've heard countless times look at Griff he came back? What did you come back from?

In short, I led a party to glorious dominance, broke many of the then-standards of gameplay, and created what would still be considered to this day an anomaly (a far-left party as the anchor of the left, as opposed to a standard liberal entity controlling the game).

The truth is I never had to "come back from" anything on a personal level, because I never sank in the first place. Even when half the game wanted my head on a pike, it didn't matter: the other half would literally die before seeing our Glorious Movement obliterated. It still amazes me how few people truly grasp how this works.

Labor itself has had its ups and downs - most of which it recovered from within a 2-4 month time-span. When you apologize, you demonstrate weakness. I can only think of one time in the history of the game that I've apologized for anything. Atlasia is even more disconnected from consequences than modern real-life politics. However, these hounds smell weakness; show weakness, and you're done. "Disaster" never lasts forever - that is, unless you burn your bridges with one or both of the major factions in the game.

The only times since 2012 I haven't been in the limelight and in control is when I've chosen to not be involved with the game. Truly a case study in how to rule! Glory!
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2019, 07:58:22 AM »

In short, I led a party to glorious dominance, broke many of the then-standards of gameplay, and created what would still be considered to this day an anomaly (a far-left party as the anchor of the left, as opposed to a standard liberal entity controlling the game).

The truth is I never had to "come back from" anything on a personal level, because I never sank in the first place. Even when half the game wanted my head on a pike, it didn't matter: the other half would literally die before seeing our Glorious Movement obliterated. It still amazes me how few people truly grasp how this works.

Labor itself has had its ups and downs - most of which it recovered from within a 2-4 month time-span. When you apologize, you demonstrate weakness. I can only think of one time in the history of the game that I've apologized for anything. Atlasia is even more disconnected from consequences than modern real-life politics. However, these hounds smell weakness; show weakness, and you're done. "Disaster" never lasts forever - that is, unless you burn your bridges with one or both of the major factions in the game.

The only times since 2012 I haven't been in the limelight and in control is when I've chosen to not be involved with the game. Truly a case study in how to rule! Glory!

You're being very pragmatic with this, I think Spark is doing something that he thinks is right. Whether it is seen as weak by some is not really up for debate, as someone somewhere will see everything as weak. He is trying to tell the community that he is sorry for what he did, and he won't do it again and is asking for acceptance back into the community.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2019, 08:14:14 AM »

You're being very pragmatic with this, I think Spark is doing something that he thinks is right. Whether it is seen as weak by some is not really up for debate, as someone somewhere will see everything as weak. He is trying to tell the community that he is sorry for what he did, and he won't do it again and is asking for acceptance back into the community.

Or maybe he apologized on the last day of an ideologically-friendly President's term in the hopes of getting a pardon (and subsequently de-reg'd 8 minutes after being denied said pardon), but I suppose we'll never know for sure. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2019, 09:00:52 PM »

Or maybe he apologized on the last day of an ideologically-friendly President's term in the hopes of getting a pardon (and subsequently de-reg'd 8 minutes after being denied said pardon), but I suppose we'll never know for sure. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There is no point in hanging around
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2019, 09:12:50 PM »

Well, it is unclear whether your sentence keeps counting down while you are deregistered. So if you plan on coming back in the future you should probably stay registered.

Also while you can't vote or run for office your contributions in threads can be productive. If you want a role model, look at Poirot. He has rarely held elected office and yet he is considered a great Atlasian who has really good insight into legislation. At least I personally appreciate his comments.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2019, 10:42:02 PM »

You don't have to do anything. You can just stay registered and stay away for a while. De-registering sends a message and in this case, doesn't look that good.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2019, 10:44:38 PM »

You don't have to do anything. You can just stay registered and stay away for a while. De-registering sends a message and in this case, doesn't look that good.

Okay
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies