Will Kamala Harris-style anti-Catholic Democrats become more common?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:08:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Will Kamala Harris-style anti-Catholic Democrats become more common?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Kamala Harris-style anti-Catholic Democrats become more common?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 18

Author Topic: Will Kamala Harris-style anti-Catholic Democrats become more common?  (Read 2175 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 05, 2019, 11:53:51 AM »

Yes especially as Millennial politicians become more common. Consider the share of Millennial Democrats who were raised Catholic who are no longer Catholic has to be well over half.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 12:27:36 PM »

Roll EyesRoll EyesRoll Eyes
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 07:30:41 PM »

Pretty much everything that secular left-wing voters would find problematic with Catholicism, they would find it ten times more problematic within Evangelical Protestantism. They're still easily the face of hypocritical, right-wing Christianity for secular liberals and I find it hard to believe that Catholics will be dethroning them anytime soon, especially considering the still sizeable contingent of "lax Caths" that identify as Catholic for mostly cultural reasons.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 10:29:18 PM »

Pretty much everything that secular left-wing voters would find problematic with Catholicism, they would find it ten times more problematic within Evangelical Protestantism. They're still easily the face of hypocritical, right-wing Christianity for secular liberals and I find it hard to believe that Catholics will be dethroning them anytime soon, especially considering the still sizeable contingent of "lax Caths" that identify as Catholic for mostly cultural reasons.
Not amongst Millennials...
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 10:54:16 PM »

What exactly is “Kamala Harris-style anti-Catholicism”?
Galaxie

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 12:01:02 AM »

What exactly is “Kamala Harris-style anti-Catholicism”?

"Cops against Catholics"
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 10:24:24 AM »

Can you stop with this meme?
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 11:40:26 AM »

Anti-Catholic??

You're trolling
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 11:43:00 AM »

None of the democrats in the race are anti-catholic. BRTD, stop.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2019, 04:43:05 PM »

How is Kamala Harris not?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2019, 05:06:05 PM »

What I think people are missing is that Millennial Catholics are basically exclusively hard right ultra-trad types. Check out r/Catholicism for example.
Annatar
Australia

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2019, 08:22:06 PM »

Republicans better hope dems get more anti-catholic as the GOP continuing to increase its margins with white Catholics will be crucial to them winning elections in the future. White Catholics already went from 50-50 in 2000 to 60-40 by 2016 in the 2 party vote, by 2028, they will probably by 65-35.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2019, 10:31:47 PM »

What is the case for her being anti-Catholic?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2019, 10:45:54 PM »

What is the case for her being anti-Catholic?
She wanted to effectively ban Knights of Columbus members from being federal judges.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2019, 11:10:46 PM »

Republicans better hope dems get more anti-catholic as the GOP continuing to increase its margins with white Catholics will be crucial to them winning elections in the future. White Catholics already went from 50-50 in 2000 to 60-40 by 2016 in the 2 party vote, by 2028, they will probably by 65-35.
That's going to happen anyway because basically all Catholics under 40 are hard right socons. However the percentage of Millennials who are Catholic has greatly decreased as well from previous generations, so it's not much of a blow.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2019, 12:06:16 AM »

BRTD has a point if just a poorly presented one.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2019, 01:55:41 AM »

She's very pro covering for the Catholic church's sexual abuse.

https://www.apnews.com/ecc0da5f6ac94b13be11e2a388967a85
Annatar
Australia

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2019, 03:43:32 AM »

That's going to happen anyway because basically all Catholics under 40 are hard right socons. However the percentage of Millennials who are Catholic has greatly decreased as well from previous generations, so it's not much of a blow.

Even if white Catholics shrink as a share of the electorate, if they shift decisively towards the GOP, the GOP will still gain in net terms, something like 15% of voters in 2016 were white Catholics and they voted 60-40 for the GOP which means they gave the GOP a net 3% margin overall, as 20% of 15% is 3%. If they shrink down to 10% of all voters which is where they'll be in a few decades time if they vote 70-30 for the GOP, they will give the GOP a 4% margin overall. Small groups voting overwhelmingly for 1 party are far more important than large groups who split their votes evenly. African Americans are a good example of that in my opinion.
Kizzuwanda
cistem7
Rookie
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2019, 02:24:11 PM »

85% of millennial catholics support gay rights. This is retarded. Your basing it on a reddit community? That's like saying that most conservatives are anti-Israel because the ones on /pol/ are.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2019, 04:44:17 PM »

85% of millennial catholics support gay rights. This is retarded. Your basing it on a reddit community? That's like saying that most conservatives are anti-Israel because the ones on /pol/ are.
It's based on that and that socially liberal Millennials just leave the Catholic church.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2019, 08:18:47 PM »

Good way to alienate Latino voters, though they wouldn't flock to the GOP though.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2019, 08:51:30 PM »

What I think people are missing is that Millennial Catholics are basically exclusively hard right ultra-trad types. Check out r/Catholicism for example.
You need to go outside more
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2019, 08:52:38 PM »

In Minneapolis? Good luck finding any Millennial Catholics there.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2019, 08:00:37 AM »

In Minneapolis? Good luck finding any Millennial Catholics there.
I don't know much about Minneapolis. Been to the mall twice. Drove through a couple other times. But I am pretty sure that what you see for Catholicism there, even if you go beyond anecdotes, is not what you would see everywhere.

I mean I get it. The policies of the Catholic church on some issues are good. On a lot of other issues, they would definitely do more harm than good. I am still not convinced this means we have to give up on religion or have to reinvent the wheel on it. That is an accusation I levy on a lot of Evangelical types. They say they are "Christian", not in a denomination, and either think "Catholic" is something different or some sort of paganism. That really confuses me. Are they in the Sons of Light? Are they amongst the original Hebrew Levantine followers of Jesus? Why are they still using a KJB? Shouldn't they be trying to raid Rome, Jerusalem, and the Sea of Galilee for their own bibles? A lot of this doesn't make any sense.  
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies