The Dance of Death - Sign Up and Rules Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 12:09:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Dance of Death - Sign Up and Rules Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: The Dance of Death - Sign Up and Rules Thread  (Read 18095 times)
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2019, 05:27:38 AM »

Slightly worried Otto IV The First went out with a bang by storming Rome!!!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2019, 09:57:30 AM »

For once, I'm fairly sure I'm not one of the players in danger of dying.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2019, 03:27:33 PM »

For once, I'm fairly sure I'm not one of the players in danger of dying.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2019, 07:36:10 PM »

If we're all this confident, surely at least one of us is wrong and dead.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2019, 10:01:02 AM »

Well, it could be me. I am (or at least I should be) going into battle this turn.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2019, 06:07:30 PM »

Good lord, it took ages just to organize all of the info and finally get to the dice rolls. Four of you were involved in dangerous situations but only one came close to death, the dice being unusually kind to spare everybody.

No one dies this turn, but there are some major developments in several areas. I'll have to ask for your patience again, processing the info from the player base took a while and I'm hoping writing the results I have will be easier.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2019, 09:16:28 PM »

The update has arrived! Apologies it took so long.

None of you have died - yet - so congratulations! I'll be working on 1213 to get it up as soon as I can, in the meantime ASPN is granted Emperor Otto and the only other open spot is Castile.

PS: Some orders were complicated to understand or execute. If a mistake was made, let me know.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2019, 02:42:33 AM »

Woo, excitted to play and try to survive this...difficult position.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2019, 05:20:12 AM »

Wooooow,
Garlan making a move against Gotfan, wasn"t expecting that!
Joe Haydn
HenryWallaceVP

« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2019, 09:25:35 AM »

I'd like to join as Castile.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2019, 09:27:32 AM »

Wonderful! Welcome to the game.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2019, 09:29:22 AM »

This is only the end of the first turn, and it's amazingly written. Thank you so much, Lumine!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2019, 07:58:47 PM »

Good news and bad news!

The good news is that the turn has been planned and I have the list of turn crises, but it's been impossible to find the hours it takes to write - and do extra research - due to work pressure. I'm hoping for tomorrow night as I plan to start work tonight.

(the bad is that the turn isn't done, of course, but I'm still enthusiastic about the game and haven't lost motivation)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2019, 10:05:45 PM »

Took a while, I know - my apologies - but it is done! We know have 20 players proper, so I confess I was a bit overwhelmed with having to plan sixty different turn crises (still, the several ones pertaining military funding are important and fully intended, my advice is don't take them lightly).

I'm aiming to have the Mid-Turn update late in the afternoon of either Thursday or Friday.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2019, 06:13:58 PM »

I'll be answering to questions and requests tonight.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2019, 01:40:15 PM »

I'll be taking a leave from the forum for personal reasons, for which reasons I can't continue as a player. I'm sorry, guys.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2019, 06:53:01 PM »

I'll be taking a leave from the forum for personal reasons, for which reasons I can't continue as a player. I'm sorry, guys.

The very best of luck, good sir, RL always (always!) comes first.

I'll leave it open for a new player to claim Frederick or a current one to switch to him, it is a very important role.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2019, 04:31:49 AM »

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2019, 11:52:18 AM »

As it was earlier, I am still interested in the role of Frederick, unless someone better were to come forward.

Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2019, 03:22:03 PM »

I think I'm gonna drop. I don't really have much interest, tbh.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2019, 03:25:49 PM »

I think I'm gonna drop. I don't really have much interest, tbh.

Sorry to see you go!

We have a player potentially interested on the available nations (Jerusalem or Sicily), so I'll leave those available to his choice for now (if Sicily is vacant after that I have no problem allowing JacksonHitchcock to claim, though I'd like to see Denmark still in the game too).

Just answered to outstanding PM's and NPC communication, I hope I didn't miss any (but let me know if I did). I'm pushing the Mid-Turn update until Monday afternoon, there's some interesting stuff on the way but I want to leave a couple of extra days for that.
Joe Haydn
HenryWallaceVP

« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2019, 11:36:47 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2019, 11:42:32 PM by HenryWallaceVP »

I don't mean to be intrusive, but may I ask what the point of a mid-turn is? It seems rather pointless to me to have a turn within a turn. When I hosted my game earlier this year, I generally found it to be more of an impediment than anything else.

My main issue, however, is related to the confusing concept of mid-turn orders. Are these a thing, and if so, what are they supposed to include? Responses to the prompts, military affairs, or something else? I remember once in the Dynasties and Empires game, I was attacked at a mid-turn because I had no idea that we were supposed to send mid-turn orders, much less military orders. As a result, I feel unprepared for the coming mid-turn, and I'm not exactly sure how I'm supposed to go about preparing.

Though my experience with mid-turns is filled with confusion and uncertainty, I'm sure you have a good reason for including them. If you could explain their purpose and clarify how one is supposed to prepare, I would feel much more at ease.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #122 on: August 04, 2019, 01:25:21 AM »

I’m personally pro them. More Lumine writing the better and I like to be kept on my toes!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #123 on: August 04, 2019, 01:49:44 PM »

We have a Frederick! Famed veteran Mr. X will be taking on his role.

Kal had managed to make a few dispositions and/or arrangements before leaving, which I feel would constrain X too much given his willingness to jump right into the game. Thus, I'll be considering Kal's actions for this turn alone void to give the new player a fair shot.

I don't mean to be intrusive, but may I ask what the point of a mid-turn is? It seems rather pointless to me to have a turn within a turn. When I hosted my game earlier this year, I generally found it to be more of an impediment than anything else.

My main issue, however, is related to the confusing concept of mid-turn orders. Are these a thing, and if so, what are they supposed to include? Responses to the prompts, military affairs, or something else? I remember once in the Dynasties and Empires game, I was attacked at a mid-turn because I had no idea that we were supposed to send mid-turn orders, much less military orders. As a result, I feel unprepared for the coming mid-turn, and I'm not exactly sure how I'm supposed to go about preparing.

Though my experience with mid-turns is filled with confusion and uncertainty, I'm sure you have a good reason for including them. If you could explain their purpose and clarify how one is supposed to prepare, I would feel much more at ease.

I've found them useful myself - though far better in Spamage's games - as they advance certain storylines or events within the turn which require interaction, some of which I can't quite place on the turn orders or which require player interaction. They also help in introducing external crises (the London fire, the Children's crusade) which help enhance the simulation, though I recognize there is an issue to be found in terms of preparation and/or players who don't send orders until after the mid-turn being negatively or positively affected.

More than something to be prepared for, the mid-turn should serve as an instance to show the development of some of the political crises, introduce new events, give further detail to certain storylines and so on. Thus, I think the problem is actually what you mentioned before, the military situation, as not all players send early military order.

Though I certainly intend to keep the mid-turn format, would it be acceptable (for you and the others) to leave military affairs out of them entirely (and thus confined to the end of the turn)? I feel that could help remove some of the pressure, as the mid-turn wouldn't require any sort of military orders or surprise attacks.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #124 on: August 04, 2019, 02:33:03 PM »

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Welcome!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length