LC 2.35 Firearms safety Act (Final vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:22:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LC 2.35 Firearms safety Act (Final vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LC 2.35 Firearms safety Act (Final vote)  (Read 2195 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« on: June 27, 2019, 02:13:28 PM »

I would like to propose an amendment

Firearms Safety Act

to ensure we attain common sense weapons reform

Section I: Standard Regulations and Safety Measures

1. Background Checks shall be mandatory for all gun sales.

a. In order to purchase a firearm, the prospective consumer must pass this Background Check.

b. Background Checks shall be conducted by the Bureau of Firearm Safety (BFS).

2. Concealed Carry shall hereby be prohibited.

3. The sale of firearms to any person under the age of 18 shall hereby be prohibited.

4. There shall be a ban on the purchasing, sale, or possession of assualt weapons, in the region of Lincoln, these weapons include semiautomatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns, which can accept detachable magazines, as well as revolving cylindrical shotguns

5. Any weapon that is purchased, sold, or possessed may not have a folding or collapsible stock, a bayonet lug, a threaded barrel, a grenade launcher, or a barrel shroud

6. There shall be a ban on the purchasing, sale, or possession of fully automatic weapons, also known as Title II weapons under the National Firearms Act

Section II: Revising the Bureau of Firearm Safety

1. The Bureau of Firearm Safety (BFS) is to be established.

a. The BFS shall have an NPC Director that is appointed by the Governor. The director shall lead the bureau and is tasked with the hiring of personnel.

b. The BFS shall work in tandem with federal resources to administer and report on firearm Background Checks.

c. The Governor may dissolve and reform the BFS.

Section III: Enactment

1. This act shall take effect upon the appointment of the BFS Director.

Sponsor: PyroTheFox

Debate time for this bill has started and shall last no less than 72 hours

This amendment is designed to get weapons that were designed for killing, finally off of our streets. Assault weapons are not needed for hunting, they are designed to kill, they belong on the battlefield, not on our streets.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 02:49:32 PM »

Unfriendly. We need to pass this base safety measure first. One that will pass.
Legislation relating to specific types of weaponry should be introduced separately.

I would argue that an assault weapon ban is a basic safety measure, as people do not need to carry around weapons that can allow them to create mass shootings.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 03:06:47 PM »

Legislation relating to specific types of weaponry should be introduced separately.

I would argue that an assault weapon ban is a basic safety measure, as people do not need to carry around weapons that can allow them to create mass shootings.

Would you classify this as an assault weapon that causes mass shootings? Why or why not?:

Source: Ruger Firearms/ruger.com

If you would call this an assault weapon that creates mass shootings, how many mass shootings would you say have been caused by this gun?

Yes, this is an assault rifle. In fact, it has been used in 12 notable crimes, not to mention the countless times it may have been used, and it went undocumented, This gun warrants a ban

This article below is a good read:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_Mini-14
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 03:19:11 PM »

Would you classify this as an assault weapon that causes mass shootings? Why or why not?:

Source: Ruger Firearms/ruger.com

If you would call this an assault weapon that creates mass shootings, how many mass shootings would you say have been caused by this gun?

Yes, this is an assault rifle. In fact, it has been used in 12 notable crimes, not to mention the countless times it may have been used, and it went undocumented, This gun warrants a ban

This article below is a good read:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_Mini-14

Literally the only one of those crimes that would be arguably "notable" in recent history is the incident in Oslo, which is last I checked, not here.

However, noting one of the "notable" incidents:
Byron David Smith killings, which occurred on Thanksgiving Day 2012. Smith shot two teenage burglars with his Ruger Mini-14 while they were trying to rob his home.

Good for you that you admit that no one is allowed to protect themselves and their home. Most of us are sensible enough to not defend criminals.

Now, noting that there are only 12 incidents, most of then dating back to the 90s or earlier, can you please note how many exist in circulation that aren't involved in crimes?

Ummm,
"Smith was found guilty of two counts of first degree murder with premeditation after the jury ruled that Smith's life was not in any danger" (Wikipedia).

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_Mini-14
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 03:23:46 PM »

Regarding the amendment while I support its aim, I have to agree with the Chancellor that we should concentrate on something simple and 100% constitutional first.

I also wonder if a regional assault weapons ban is constitutional and/or enforceable. Not necesarily because of the equivalent to the 2nd amendment, but because of interregional commerce.

What is stopping Lincoln citizens from going to the South or Fremont, buying guns and bringing them back?

Well, I've introduced a bill as a citizen, on the federal level, if that passes, I'm more than happy to away with the regional assault weapon and automatic weapon ban
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 03:30:34 PM »

Regarding the amendment while I support its aim, I have to agree with the Chancellor that we should concentrate on something simple and 100% constitutional first.

I also wonder if a regional assault weapons ban is constitutional and/or enforceable. Not necesarily because of the equivalent to the 2nd amendment, but because of interregional commerce.

What is stopping Lincoln citizens from going to the South or Fremont, buying guns and bringing them back?

Well, I've introduced a bill as a citizen, on the federal level, if that passes, I'm more than happy to away with the regional assault weapon and automatic weapon ban

It won't.

I'm sure that the Labor Party Congress will pass it, when they take over
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 06:05:30 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2019, 01:22:56 PM by Councilor Suburban New Jersey Conservative »

Aye, I've been an advocate for an assault weapons ban for a long time, it's time to finally get these weapons of war, off of our streets
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2019, 04:09:39 PM »

Aye, this is a good step, but is way too incremental
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies