FT 12-09: Fixed Membership Parliament Amendment (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:58:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 12-09: Fixed Membership Parliament Amendment (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 12-09: Fixed Membership Parliament Amendment (Debating)  (Read 837 times)
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« on: June 24, 2019, 05:40:42 AM »

AN AMENDMENT
to the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Frémont

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Amendment shall be, the "Fixed Membership Parliament Amendment." It may be alternatively cited as the "Seventh Amendment" or as "Amendment VII."

Section 2 (Amendment)
i. Article I§3 of the Second Constitution of the Commonwealth of Frémont shall be amended to read as follows,
Every Parliament shall continue for three months from the first meeting of the House, and no longer, but may be sooner dissolved by the First Minister, pursuant to certain provisions as established in this Constitution. The number of seats for election shall be five exclusive of the First Minister; but Parliament shall by law provide for the election of No Member to one or more of the seats, in cases where the number of candidates is fewer than six.

Section 3 (Implementation)
i. This Amendment shall take effect immediately; but its provisions shall not effect the composition of the parliament sitting at the time of its ratification.
[/quote]

Sponsor: Truman
24 hours to advocate.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 10:45:01 PM »

I'd prefer to see a flexible cap on size akin to what Adam proposed during his first presidential run. So I kind of agree with ASV here actually.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 08:29:56 PM »

While Adam has noted many times the interest in the game does not correlate with the number of people on the rolls, fluctuations in the size of the regions, as well as time of year, often can result in changes to the candidate pool, so I'd be in favor of maintaining some flexibility; the minimum of 4 and maximum of 6 which are the current rules represent this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies