S.19.2-25: PRAG-Co Act (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:12:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.19.2-25: PRAG-Co Act (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.19.2-25: PRAG-Co Act (Passed)  (Read 2200 times)
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 11, 2019, 07:16:17 AM »
« edited: July 18, 2019, 06:27:55 AM by Southern Deputy Speaker Muaddib »

Section I: Title
This shall be know as the Promoting Regional Atlasian Governmental Cooperation Act aka the PRAG-Co act.

Section II: Repealing Legislation
2.1) S-18.4-11: Go South Young Man Act will be repealed. Subject to Section IV: A & C & E
2.2) S.19.2-21: Southern Investment Act will be repealed, subject to 2.3 & 2.4 where applicable.
2.3) Repeals only apply to elements of S.19.2-21 that apply to Lincoln when Section IV: B & Section IV: D are fulfilled. Subject to Section IV: 4.3
2.4) Repeals only apply to elements of S.19.2-21 that apply to Fremont when Section IV: C & Section IV: E are fulfilled. Subject to Section IV: 4.4
2.5) S.19.2-21 will have been repealed in full when Section IV: B and Section IV: C are fulfilled subject to SECTION VI: 4.3 & 4.4

Section III: Fairness to Individuals and Businesses
3.1) Individuals & Businesses that have already moved in good faith to the South before the repeal will still receive the benefits of the the repealed legislation.

Section IV: Triggers for partial or full effect
4.1) If Section IV: A, B, D & F have been fulfilled the bill is in full effect with regards to the region of Lincoln.
4.2) If Section IV: A, C, E & F have been fulfilled the bill is in full effect with regards to the region of Fremont.
4.3) If Section IV: F is the only item not met in 4.1 the tax rate in S.19.2-21 will on be only a reduction off 20% of the applicable tax rate rather than 50% as per the original legislation.
4.4) If Section IV: F is the only item not met in 4.2 the tax rate in S.19.2-21 will on be only a reduction off 20% of the applicable tax rate rather than 50% as per the original legislation.

This bill will come into full effect only when all the following criteria have been met:
A) It has been signed by the Governor of the South.
B) Legislation of a similar nature in the region of Lincoln has repealed/tabled.
C) Legislation of a similar nature in the region of Fremont has repealed/tabled.
D) Lincoln passes a resolution stating that they respect the results of Southern Regional Referenda.
E) Fremont passes a resolution stating that they respect the results of Southern Regional Referenda.
F) Federal Atlasian Government passes a resolution stating that they respect the results of Southern Regional Referenda.
Sponsor: Delegate and Deputy Speaker Muaddib
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 07:12:44 AM »

I have put forward this legislation to show that the South is willing to work with our fellow Atlasians in other regions by rolling back some of our more... generous internal migration promotional acts. As long as our region is respected!

We aren't Fremontese or Lincolnites. We are Southerners. We'll let the Fremontese be Fremontese, the Lincolnites be Lincolnites. We are Southerners and we should be free to be Southerners. Loud and Proud! Now I'd be more than happy to make the repeals tomorrow. But I am only but one member of this great chamber.

We also need some assurances. The people of our region need to know that Lincoln wont engage in militaristic aggression from the north. The people of our region need to know that Fremont wont engage in militaristic aggression from the west. We need to know that the President and those up in Nyman will respect Regional referenda and Regional autonomy regardless of if they like the outcome or not.

Mr. Speaker, my fellow delegates of this most esteemed chamber, this bill seeks to reverse some pieces of legislation that understandably, our fellow Atlasians have taken some umbrage to. However we will not be dictated to, threatened, have tyrannical decrees imposed on our great region and we need guarantees. This bill seeks to achieve both the repeals and those guarantees.

I urge all delegates to support this legislation.

Nyssus
Misteeer
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 11:49:01 PM »

I support this legislation wholeheartedly. We must strike a balance between regional independence and fellowship with the other great regions of Atlasia, and I believe that this bill is a sensible step towards a such balance.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 12:22:09 AM »

I support this legislation wholeheartedly. We must strike a balance between regional independence and fellowship with the other great regions of Atlasia, and I believe that this bill is a sensible step towards a such balance.

Delegates Misseees, thank you for contributing to the discussion. I hope to see my Council of Atlasian Governments Bill passes at the Federal level.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 10:37:20 PM »

D) Lincoln passes a resolution stating that they respect the results of Southern Regional Referenda.
E) Fremont passes a resolution stating that they respect the results of Southern Regional Referenda.
F) Federal Atlasian Government passes a resolution stating that they respect the results of Southern Regional Referenda.

Need I point out that these sections really should be removed. The South's silly little non-binding flag referendum has nothing whatsoever to do with the trade issue.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 12:01:56 AM »

I would also like to add that the Frémont Parliament just voted down an amendment agreeing to the South's new demand for it to "respect" the new Southern flag.  This was not part of the original agreement, and Frémont will not repeal the Carry On My Wayward Son Act if this Chamber chooses to fight us over this issue and prevent any fair trade deal from happening.  I urge Speaker Muaddib and the rest of this Chamber to NOT choose this hill to die on, and repeal the provisions as your governor has suggested.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 12:43:06 AM »

With all due respect, I strongly advise the chamber to remove the flag issue from the trade matter.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 03:56:03 AM »

I would also like to add that the Frémont Parliament just voted down an amendment agreeing to the South's new demand for it to "respect" the new Southern flag.
With all due respect, I strongly advise the chamber to remove the flag issue from the trade matter.

This Bill makes no reference to any flag. There is no Bill about to pass a new flag. There has been no change of flag. As far as i'm concerned the flag is only tangentially related to the greater issue of the lack of respect those outside of the south have for the decisions of the people of this region. The expansionist rhetoric of a current MFP and former President, should be of greater concern than the south merely wanting its decisions tolerated/accepted.

It's a shame that the governing body of Fremont doesn't respect the referenda of regions outside their own. The flag was merely the subject of the last referendum. I'm not asking for people to "venerate" the winner of the referendum. Nor is the PRAG-Co Act in it's current form. It is a shame that people have projected their biases onto this legislation after reading it.

First Minister, as a personal favor to your good self, as I see you were willing to agree to respect Southern referenda. Or at the very least were in favor of adding it to companion bill in Fremont. I shall put forward the amendments.

As a gesture of goodwill to the future incoming Lincoln Council I have made further amendments.

Quote from: PRAG-Co Act Ammendments
This shall be know as the Promoting Regional Atlasian Governmental Cooperation Act aka the PRAG-Co act.

2.1) S-18.4-11: Go South Young Man Act will be repealed. Subject to Section IV: A & C & E
2.2) S.19.2-21: Southern Investment Act will be repealed, subject to 2.3 & 2.4 where applicable.
2.3) Repeals only apply to elements of S.19.2-21 that apply to Lincoln when Section IV: B & Section IV: D are fulfilled. Subject to Section IV: 4.3is fulfilled
2.4) Repeals only apply to elements of S.19.2-21 that apply to Fremont when Section IV: C & Section IV: E are fulfilled. Subject to Section IV: 4.4is fulfilled
2.5) S.19.2-21 will have been repealed in full when Section IV: B and Section IV: C are fulfilled subject to SECTION VI: 4.3 & 4.4

3.1) Individuals & Businesses that have already moved in good faith to the South before the repeal will still receive the benefits of the the repealed legislation.

4.1) If Section IV: A, B, D & F have been fulfilled the bill is in full effect with regards to the region of Lincoln.
4.2) If Section IV: A, C, E & F have been fulfilled the bill is in full effect with regards to the region of Fremont.
4.3) If Section IV: F is the only item not met in 4.1 the tax rate in S.19.2-21 will on be only a reduction off 20% of the applicable tax rate rather than 50% as per the original legislation.
4.4) If Section IV: F is the only item not met in 4.2 the tax rate in S.19.2-21 will on be only a reduction off 20% of the applicable tax rate rather than 50% as per the original legislation.

This bill will come into full effect only when all the following criteria have been met:
B) Legislation of a similar nature in the region of Lincoln has repealed/tabled.
C) Legislation of a similar nature in the region of Fremont has repealed/tabled.

24 hours to object to the above amendments. If the there are no objections the working text will read as:
Quote from: PRAG-Co Act

2.1) S-18.4-11: Go South Young Man Act will be repealed. Subject to Section IV: A & C
2.3) Repeals only apply to elements of S.19.2-21 that apply to Lincoln when Section IV: B is fulfilled
2.4) Repeals only apply to elements of S.19.2-21 that apply to Fremont when Section IV: C is fulfilled
2.5) S.19.2-21 will have been repealed in full when Section IV: B and Section IV: C are fulfilled

4.1) If Section IV: A, B have been fulfilled the bill is in full effect with regards to the region of Lincoln.
4.2) If Section IV: A, C have been fulfilled the bill is in full effect with regards to the region of Fremont.

Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2019, 05:45:58 AM »

I thank you, Mr. Speaker.  I am glad we were able to reach the same page.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2019, 04:05:31 AM »

As there have been no objections the amended version is the now the working version of this bill:

2.1) S-18.4-11: Go South Young Man Act will be repealed. Subject to Section IV: A & C
2.3) Repeals only apply to elements of S.19.2-21 that apply to Lincoln when Section IV: B is fulfilled
2.4) Repeals only apply to elements of S.19.2-21 that apply to Fremont when Section IV: C is fulfilled
2.5) S.19.2-21 will have been repealed in full when Section IV: B and Section IV: C are fulfilled

4.1) If Section IV: A, B have been fulfilled the bill is in full effect with regards to the region of Lincoln.
4.2) If Section IV: A, C have been fulfilled the bill is in full effect with regards to the region of Fremont.

I motion for a final vote, 24 hours for objections.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2019, 04:40:23 AM »

As there have been no objections Voting is now open on S.19.2-25: Promoting Regional Atlasian Governmental Cooperation Act. Sound the bells (delegates will be DM'd).
Voting will last for 24 hours*.This will give us the greatest chance to get this passed before the election.

The Bill reads as Follows:

Voting Options are:
[   ] Aye
[   ] Nay
[   ] Abstain

Quote from: Standing Rules of the Southern Chamber of Delegates, Section VI: Voting
1.) Votes on legislation shall last for a maximum of 2 days (i.e. 48 hours).
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2019, 05:07:52 AM »

AYE
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2019, 10:58:32 AM »

AYE
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2019, 03:48:17 PM »

Aye
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2019, 09:17:26 PM »

Aye
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.10, S: 4.96

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2019, 02:31:28 AM »

aye
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2019, 05:20:31 AM »

VOTING IS CLOSED

Vote Tally for S.19.2-25:
[ 5 ] Aye
[ 0 ] Nay
[ 0 ] Abstain
[ 2 ] Absent  (Misseees, Ghost_white)

S.19.2-25: Promoting Regional Atlasian Governmental Cooperation Act Passes

The Bill now awaits the Governor's Signature:

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies