Office of Harry S Truman
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:30:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Harry S Truman
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Author Topic: Office of Harry S Truman  (Read 12597 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2019, 11:07:47 AM »

20 November 2019

Perhaps the most consequential single article before this parliament is the completion of the 2020 Commonwealth budget. Besides the ordinary importance of maintaining the fiscal health of our region, the 2020 budget will fully implement the assumption policy announced earlier this year, whereby Frémont assumed the cost of essential services from the states. On Monday, I suggested two strategies that would allow us to complete the budget before the end of the year and also appealed personally to our new batch of MFPs on FrémontCord. I encourage all Frémonters to reach out to your members of parliament and press them to engage with this process. Ultimately, I will not allow Frémont's finances to fall by the wayside, but it is in the best interests of transparency and democratic accountability that everyone contributes to ensuring our future solvency.

Harry S Truman, first minister
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2019, 07:12:39 PM »

12 December 2019

The midterm elections are nearly underway: I have just posted the official ballot for Frémont, though I will remind citizens voting will not formally commence until midnight tonight! It is my privilege that I may whole-heartedly commend the honorable Devout Centrist to the public for reelection as the senior senator from Frémont and urge them too to return our glorious Labor and Peace House majority for another term. As we anticipate the third decade of the twenty-first century, there is no group of individuals I trust more to lead our nation to brighter days and greener pastures, and no better allies I can conceive of in Frémont's eternal struggle against the forces of eastern imperialism and for the triumph of the people and the free West!

Gloria Frémontis!

Harry S Truman, FM
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2019, 02:58:11 PM »

20 December 2019

On behalf of the commonwealth, I thank Vern for his service to Frémont. Per the Parliamentary Vacancies and By-elections Act of 2019, an election to fill his vacant seat will proceed 24 January of the new year; in the meantime, I will appoint an interim member to succeed him in office. Interested parties may contact me here or by private message.

Harry S Truman, FM
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2019, 11:16:18 PM »

Koopa Da Quick is appointed to the Frémont Parliament to fill the seat vacated by Vern.

KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2019, 11:22:55 PM »

Koopa Da Quick is appointed to the Frémont Parliament to fill the seat vacated by Vern.

Thank you very much, Mr. First Minister.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2019, 12:06:58 AM »

Quote from: Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol
   “Forgive me if I am not justified in what I ask,” said Scrooge, looking intently at the Spirit’s robe, “but I see something strange, and not belonging to yourself, protruding from your skirts. Is it a foot or a claw?”
   “It might be a claw, for the flesh there is upon it,” was the Spirit’s sorrowful reply. “Look here.”
   From the foldings of its robe, it brought two children; wretched, abject, frightful, hideous, miserable. They knelt down at its feet, and clung upon the outside of its garment.
   “Oh, Man! look here. Look, look, down here!” exclaimed the Ghost.
   They were a boy and girl. Yellow, meagre, ragged, scowling, wolfish; but prostrate, too, in their humility. Where graceful youth should have filled their features out, and touched them with its freshest tints, a stale and shrivelled hand, like that of age, had pinched, and twisted them, and pulled them into shreds. Where angels might have sat enthroned, devils lurked, and glared out menacing. No change, no degradation, no perversion of humanity, in any grade, through all the mysteries of wonderful creation, has monsters half so horrible and dread.
   Scrooge started back, appalled. Having them shown to him in this way, he tried to say they were fine children, but the words choked themselves, rather than be parties to a lie of such enormous magnitude.
   “Spirit! are they yours?” Scrooge could say no more.
   “They are Man’s,” said the Spirit, looking down upon them. “And they cling to me, appealing from their fathers. This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the writing be erased. Deny it!” cried the Spirit, stretching out its hand towards the city. “Slander those who tell it ye! Admit it for your factious purposes, and make it worse. And bide the end!”
   “Have they no refuge or resource?” cried Scrooge.
   “Are there no prisons?” said the Spirit, turning on him for the last time with his own words. “Are there no workhouses?”

Merry Christmas
& Happy New Year!

Gloria in excelsis deo!
Harry S Truman, FM
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2020, 11:02:05 PM »

3 January 2020

What a beguiling mistress is time! We may well marvel that barely three years ago, Frémont was within days of discovery that she no longer had a government —a constitutional crisis that has defined our history to the present moment. That discovery took place on the second anniversary of my arrival on these boards, since when many poor and innocent citizens have been subjected to the endless droning of the "second-worst senator." The years have changed, but the subject has not! and I look forward to many new and fruitful opportunities to wax poetically into the void in the twelvemonth to come.

We may celebrate that the new year arrived two days and two hours after parliament voted —unanimously —to pass the 2020 commonwealth budget. Beyond the usual reaffirmation of our commitment to fiscal solvency (a welcome change from three years ago, when Frémont had no budget at all), this resolution has the peculiar significance as abolishing forever the blight of "tripple taxation" —under which the poor denizens of the North and South yet labor. By this vote, parliament had tied the states of the commonwealth so much closer together, established as a financial as well as spiritual reality the communion of the West. With a surplus in excess of $18 trillion, and not a dollar raised from any sales tax or an additional dollar from the poor and middle classes, we may celebrate that Frémont continues to be the financial envy of the Union —long may it continue!

Frémont and indeed the nation may likewise celebrate, as the final great act of this Congress, the ratification by the House of two constitutional amendments which will codify the sacred natural rights of our citizens so long disparaged by reactionaries and the monied interests. The Labor Rights Amendment, protecting the right of all workers to unionize and bargain collectively for the betterment of their condition (a nearly-identical copy of the proviso adopted in Frémont at the last election), and the Right to Life Amendment, acknowledging that private profits may not take precedence over sacred life, represent a dual victory for the cause of liberty and independence for all people. I am proud to have been able to author these amendments and commend them to the Senate for their approval and speedy ratification by the regions.

There are many momentous issues which yet remain before this parliament, the boldest of these being legislation to establish collective ownership of energy. While honest citizens may differ on matters of policy and politics, we may take comfort in the knowledge that vigorous debate only strengthens the cause of the people, in whose service I continue after lo these many years.

Gloria Frémontis apud novum annum!

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2020, 08:39:19 PM »

25 January 2019

The free citizens of Frémont extend their congratulations to the people of Korea on their historic vote for unity. Born from the horrors of war, North Korean democracy has flourished under the Kaesong congress; as the heirs to the world's oldest democracy, our fondest hopes are for the success of this new venture and continued peace and good fellowship between our republics. The fair waters of the Pacific must never again run red with the blood of our countrymen, and a strong Korea, united under a single, democratic constitution, is the best safeguard we can conceive for the future happiness of her people.

As our thoughts turn towards our own shores, Frémont stands in solidarity with the brave Southerners who today took to the streets to demand an efficient, modern transportation system for their region. Sadly, such is the fruit of years of government by aloof reactionaries and imperialists! For years, Frémont has led the nation in transportation, laying thousands of miles of rail during my first government; we stand ready to work with our Southern neighbors to institute a modern, pan-regional rail network, or if Nashville is uninterested to receive those states now under Southern dominion who may wish to cast their lot with the free West into the commonwealth.

De libertas et fraternitas omnium populorum!

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2020, 05:59:39 PM »

8 February 2020

Many Lincolners are asking me to intervene in the event of a plurality to ratify the so-called Jackie Chiles Amendment this weekend. Rest assured, Frémont will never allow her Northern brothers and sisters to be overrun by an army of bureaucrats. Should the day come that the forces of reason are vanquished in Lincoln and the people subjected to the rule of an Orwellian nightmare dystopia, I stand ready to take whatever action is necessary to overthrow the Byzantine law-writers and restore Peanutocracy throughout the realm!

Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2020, 06:52:19 PM »

On behalf of the people of Lincoln, I thank brave Frémont for her solidarity to the Great North. However, my trust in the judgment of the Northern people is complete, and I trust the Amendment will be duly defeated.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2020, 02:59:26 PM »

11 February 2020

It is for us, the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished
work which they who fought here, have, thus far, so nobly advanced.

When this sitting of parliament gives up the ghost a little more than a fortnight from now, it will be my five hundred third day as your first minister.

I have loved this office which I created to be the ideal expression of executive leadership in an Atlasian democracy. It has been my privilege to serve alongside the most promising of the freshman class of legislators and the most deserving of veteran lawmakers: to keep step with presidents and vice presidents, senators and secretaries, the very best that the right and the left have to offer not only in Frémont, but in the nation.

When the fourteenth parliament adjourns on the 26th of this instant, they will have doubled the number of bills passed by the previous parliament, more than any single sitting of the Frémont legislature in the history of the commonwealth. Nor were these empty measures, idle affirmations of the status quo. In the last three months, we have gone farther, dreamed bigger than any government or legislature in the history of the West: and so much farther will we go, in pursuit of the raison d'être of the republic expressed more than two centuries ago, that government exists by the consent of a free people, created equal, as the guarantor of their absolute liberty.

There are those who would demean the name of liberty, by ascribing to it the selfish motives of a society organized for the enrichment of the few at the expense of the many. According to these, perfect liberty is that right by which the capitalist extracts the value created by labor and repays it with pennies; the right by which the strong prey upon the weak; by which hate, fear, and intolerance divide our society against itself. We reject this philosophy. We demand that a free society recognize the inherent equality of all people; that property rights belong not just to the stockholder or the executive, but to the farmer, the worker, and the immigrant; that inalienable rights may no more be violated by markets than by governments; that we have an obligation, as citizens of the richest state this side of Heaven, to see to it that all people enjoy a standard of living worthy of a great nation.

This is our moment; this, the sparking dawn of the Frémontian epoch; and while I remain as your first minister, I will not allow this opportunity to fade into the silent oblivion of history.

We have secured the financial integrity of our commonwealth with a budget that funds the essential services of our constituent states with $10 billion to spare, and without a cent more demanded of the lower and middle classes. We have smote the inequities of for-profit preparatory education and guaranteed equal opportunity for all. We have affirmed the rights of labor as a collective and as individuals. We have weeded-out corruption and bribery at every level of government. We have delivered energy policy into the hands of the people; and we have done this, all of this, not in secret or through tricks of procedure, but by the free and transparent act of a democratic legislature, chosen by, from, and for the people of the West.

Frémonters, Atlasians, free people of the West: I ask for your votes and your confidence for three months more.

Come on! Do you want to live forever?

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2020, 03:25:30 PM »

Endorsed.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2020, 03:41:21 PM »

Enthusiastically Endorsed!!!
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2020, 04:40:18 PM »

Endorsed (sane)
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2020, 06:00:11 PM »

Thank-you all!
Roblox

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2020, 06:32:45 PM »

Endorsed! We've made incredible progress in the 14th parliament, and we need to keep the train going!
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2020, 06:56:37 PM »

Endorsed!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2020, 07:22:40 PM »

Strongly endorsed-keep up the good work!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2020, 09:32:55 PM »

Endorsed! Long live Truman!
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2020, 03:51:52 PM »

Adprobābātur Gloria Trumantis!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2020, 05:13:31 PM »

Harry S Truman reentered the Ministry when I was in a very difficult period of my life and had to resign the office myself.  In doing so, he inherited an unfinished budget and under his leadership, the budget was promptly completed and passed by Parliament.  FM Truman has shown time and time again that he has the leadership skills necessary to guide our region to brighter futures, and as such, I strongly endorse his reelection.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2020, 08:56:51 PM »

Thanks to all for your endorsements, and especially to Scott for his kind words. Smiley
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2020, 01:14:15 AM »

Endorsed! Smiley
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2020, 12:16:47 AM »

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2020, 01:11:13 PM »

19 February 2020

Thank-you all for your kind words of support!

With mere hours before us until the election begins, I am pleased to note the ratification of the Democracy Is Not for Sale Amendment —unanimously —by both houses of Congress. Having written this amendment late in the last year, I can hardly urge its adoption too strongly. While select reactionaries have made known their intent to defeat this initiative, I have too much faith in the good sense of the Atlasian people to expect but that they will ignore these mal actors and vote to end the dictatorship of the dollar this weekend.

Forward!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies