What's the Matter With DC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:32:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  What's the Matter With DC
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What's the Matter With DC  (Read 527 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 05, 2022, 02:01:40 PM »

Topeka, Kansas
April 05, 2022

The Senator gets ready to speak to a large crowd

Earlier today, I left a townhall in Wichita. The question I got repeatedly asked, was "What's the matter with DC? Typically with a selection of choice four letter words inserted in there as well, which I won't repeat. The mood is justifiable in light of recent events and I certainly cannot fault them for their rage at the situation. We feel very deeply for those who have been harmed in these events and my office and its resources are being made available to assist wherever possible.

It has become cliché at this point, but I have often found myself half jokingly, half seriously "Does anyone even read the constitution"? I think we now have the answer from the Labor power monopoly
and the answer is a firm and unequivocal no.

In spite of what some intemperate voices catering to the dregs of the discord echo chambers, might claim, and very disturbingly what has been echoed as such by our President in official actions by his administration, Kansas is not now, nor has it ever been Fremontian land. Fremont has as much claim to Kansas as Lincoln does to Kentucky or the South has to Indiana, which is to say, absolutely nothing.

What's the matter with DC you say? Its that we have seen displayed here a debasement of constitutional governance, rule of law and the credibility of the Presidency as an institution. Our current President took the ravings of the mad for that of the Game Moderator, showed blatant disregard for the explicit terms of the Constitution, created a domestic disturbance where none was present, viciously tore at the fabric of our federal republic and certainly discredited his standing across the globe.

We have already seen the wild men of the land, take up the same torch against the independence of the Supreme Court that we saw a few months back, in reaction to their responsible decision to grant an injunction against this irresponsible administration. This is before the merits have even been ruled on, the angry mob of the discordish multitudes are being stirred to reject and delegitimize the anticipated outcome.

We have seen the transformation of one of our most respected statesmen into one of the leading purveyors disunity, instability, intemperate politics and dare I say "discord". Someone, who for years just by showing up to work in his Cerberus function constitutes a walking, breathing conflict of constitutional interest, put on full display in this present situation, represents the compromising and degradation of our institutions. To this, he desperately seeks to cling to the most Orwellian abuses of human language to rebrand and recast events as being anything other than what this in fact was and is.

We are reminded in this situation of the words of Lord Acton, for when power is allowed to be concentrated, it tends towards corruption. These institutions, are meant to restrain the powerful and guard against both the corruption and the tyranny that such may wrought on a free and liberty loving people.

The solutions are not difficult.
1. The Constitution must be read and respected, especially by our highest officers
2. The equality and respect afforded to the three regions must be preserved
3. The President must not put the utterances of cranks, second to the facts established by the GM.
4. The most critical officers must be men of reason and restraint
5. The Executive branch must never be allowed to become a tool for the advance of sectionalist interests.
6. The Judicial functions must remain independent and be the careful stewards of constitutional law.
7. The Game Moderator must be active yes, but also above the fray and therefore respected in their pronouncements. One begets the other and vice versa.
8. The people of the great state of Kansas, or any state or territory, should not be a pawn in the machinations of discord destabilizers.  

We saw some years ago, the damage that can be done when the wild men of the west put the lives, families and communities second to the interests of their ideological crusade and their lust for absolute chaos and terror. We must recognize that the voices of the unrestrained can come from anywhere and at any time, and our institutions that restrict and limit the powerful must be strengthened and renewed for when that day comes.

Most of all, this demonstrates why we desperately need a change of leadership at the top. There can be no greater threat of the diminution of these institutions of restraint, then the realization that one's hold on power is so great, that no barrier is to strong and no red line to bold to cost them their stranglehold on power.

I thank you for your time, and will reiterate again my deepest appreciation and support for the people of Kansas in this hour of need.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2022, 07:46:52 AM »

I agree completely. President OBD was elected to help the people of Atlasia and make sure we are safe and secure, but he instead decided to cause chaos and destruction then promptly disappear. He lied on the campaign trail and took advantage of the nation.

#WheresOBD
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 12:59:19 AM »

Most of all, this demonstrates why we desperately need a change of leadership at the top.

What a month. 
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 01:03:55 AM »

Reality is stranger than fiction.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2022, 06:10:56 PM »

Think it's about time to open the doors of Yank's again? I can come up with some drink menu ideas
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2022, 06:50:37 PM »

Think it's about time to open the doors of Yank's again? I can come up with some drink menu ideas

After completing 90% of my research paper, even I would be tempted to drink. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies