Did Tim Kaine cost Hillary votes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:07:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Did Tim Kaine cost Hillary votes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Did Tim Kaine cost Hillary votes  (Read 7126 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: June 04, 2019, 09:08:43 AM »

I don't know how much it actually affected the final outcome or anything, but the selection of Kane certainly doubled down on the image of Hillary running on a strictly "I am the sensible, enlightened alternative, and that is all you need to take into consideration" shtick.  In Iowa (where I lived during the 2016 election), Hillary's ads were very protectionist, populist and focusing on Trump's hypocrisy on issues of offshoring and whatnot because she knew the Democratic base in Iowa depended on those voters.  I imagine her ads were quite different in Virginia.  The selection of Kaine, rather than a nod to Sanders voters or even a better pick like Brown, really doubled down on the "winning over moderate Republicans" strategy, IMO.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 11:07:13 AM »

After yesterday, it's pretty obvious Castro should've been picked.

That might well have been the difference of 210,000 votes...the other secret number that would've flipped Arizona and held Florida, regardless of the Midwest.

I've always found your insistence that the Democratic Party pursue a direction that would seemingly go in the opposite of your preferred politics interesting.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 09:51:52 PM »

Yeah, Hillary would have won WV if not for their long running hatred of Eastern Virginia.

It’s a shame your seemingly above average intellect is devoted to this type of posting.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies