NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:58:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates  (Read 112362 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« on: May 28, 2019, 05:42:56 PM »

Okay, Republicans - can we bait AOC into this race or Schumer's and get her out of Congress?
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 04:30:04 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8844413/Cuomo-says-religious-practices-Orthodox-Jewish-areas-blame-Covid-spread.html

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has said 'religious practices' within Orthodox Jewish communities has caused the renewed spread of Covid-19 in New York City and other hot spot zones within the state.

Cuomo said that while the overall infection rate in New York was low compared to other states, officials are closely watching 'mini clusters' that have popped up to avoid any statewide spikes.

He singled out hotspot neighborhoods across New York City and other parts of the state that are largely Orthodox Jewish strongholds.

'We're now having issues with the Orthodox Jewish community in New York where, because of their religious practices etc, we're seeing a spread,' Cuomo said in an interview with CNN on Wednesday. 

While I agree with Cuomo, he could have worded that better.

Could someone from the Orthodox Jewish community challenge Cuomo, either in a primary or general election, like Simcha Felder, Dov Hikind, Simcha Eichenstein or someone else, and how would they do, either in a primary or a general election?

They've got Hogan 2024's vote.

Thanks, Corbynite.

Cuomo's statement isn't great, although it's nowhere near De Blasio's speech that sounded better in the original German.

The stories of the type of "enforcement" that's going on in Brooklyn, though...terrifying.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 07:42:28 PM »

I think Cuomo will get forced out - probably not a resignation, but the state party telling him that they'll unanimously endorse whoever runs against him out of Hochul or any mainstream Congressmember. He'll leave, probably escape prosecution, and be succeeded by Hochul.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 09:09:55 PM »

I think Cuomo will get forced out - probably not a resignation, but the state party telling him that they'll unanimously endorse whoever runs against him out of Hochul or any mainstream Congressmember. He'll leave, probably escape prosecution, and be succeeded by Hochul.

You really think that Cuomo will be forced out by his own party? The party that he has ruled for years?

I don't know how many politicians could survive a scandal like the one he's being hit with, and it's likely only due to his iron grip on the party that he'll get a respectable, quiet exit.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 12:40:21 PM »

Hochul will be the incumbent Governor by summer at the very latest and is likely not going anywhere for a while after that.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 01:45:41 PM »

Hochul will be the incumbent Governor by summer at the very latest and is likely not going anywhere for a while after that.

I really hope your right on that. I would love if she became Governor.  What makes you think he will not be governor by the Summer?

A serious sexual harassment/misconduct allegation broke today. The woman, Lindsay Boylan, had been accusing Cuomo for a while but this is the first time she's gone public with detailed accusations. It seems like a perfect storm for everyone he's wronged to turn on him and force him out.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2021, 01:58:56 PM »

Nah, I doubt this.

Wouldn't surprise me if Cuomo announces he won't run for a fourth term (the harassment charges are bad) but I'm sure he feels his "leadership" is needed for the time being.

As Spitzer and Schneiderman quickly found out, this can be taken out of your hands.

It probably would have happened to Northam as well was it not for the bizarre triple-helix of scandals that ruined his possible successors.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2021, 04:28:57 PM »

Letitia James would be the one of  black woman to win any statewide election in American history and the first in New York History. That would be amazing but historically New York doesn’t make that kinda history, being one of the few states to have never had elected a female governor, or a minority governor. This leads me to think maybe a dark horse like Biaggi could win/take the plunge against him. However the state party is changing so it could surprise me.

Biaggi would be a much bigger change for the state, as by far the most far-left Governor the state has ever had.

James is pretty well-regarded by the state, so I assume she'll just be the state-backed candidate and have a fairly easy win if Cuomo is still in office but doesn't run again. But if Hochul is put into office by a Cuomo resignation, she'd probably be the favorite.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2021, 07:47:07 PM »

If someone from the left wing that isn't De Blasio (say AOC) runs, I think Hochul would lose the primary.

That said, I think AOC is more interested in being a Senator or President.

AOC is not beating Hochul lmfao

The real threat to Hochul is James, who is fairly to her left and has a lot of institutional support and backing from black politicians.

So naturally, the DSA wing will spend a year calling her a cop.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2021, 02:15:16 PM »

Assuming we think Hochul and James start with a vaguely similar base of support, James has two other candidates in her lane, one who will have a decent support base and one who's a joke. Hochul has only one in her lane and he's unlikely to gain any traction. It's hard not to see her as the heavy favorite right now, and it's incredibly hard to knock off a sitting Governor in a primary.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2021, 03:16:22 PM »

James' support probably splits semi-evenly between Williams and Hochul, maybe with an edge for Williams. Unless anyone stronger than Suozzi jumps in, race goes from Lean Hochul to Likely Hochul.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2021, 01:21:25 PM »

Why is Suozzi even running? I don’t see much point to his campaign. Does anyone who isn’t a Republican think Hochul is too left?

Self-promotion and utter delusion.

James' support probably splits semi-evenly between Williams and Hochul, maybe with an edge for Williams. Unless anyone stronger than Suozzi jumps in, race goes from Lean Hochul to Likely Hochul.

Don't you think Hochul gets most of James' support. James may be slightly more progressive ideologically, though she was always had ties to the establishment which supported her in 2018 over two other contenders for Attorney General.

It's possible, but James picked up a lot of mainstream Black support and was running to Hochul's left with a focus on criminal justice reform. Williams may be too far-left to pick up some of that support, but he'll definitely get a chunk of it. It's probably a 60-40 wash either way, which gives Williams no real path to catch up.

Suozzi and De Blasio will likely stay in the single digits.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2022, 08:36:39 AM »

I don't know how much this will affect the main race, but this took a turn.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/ny-lt-gov-brian-benjamin-arrested-for-alleged-campaign-finance-fraud-scheme-sources/3619365/
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2022, 11:58:01 AM »

Hochul would be far more likely to endorse Suozzi over Williams anyway, if she dropped out/was forced out.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2022, 05:48:40 PM »

Hochul would be far more likely to endorse Suozzi over Williams anyway, if she dropped out/was forced out.

There is no reason to think she would be. There is zero evidence Hochul was involved in any way and the most recent poll shows her winning the primary easily.

Oh, yeah, I 100% agree. I think she's had a rough tenure, but I don't think it's bad enough to either force her out of the race or put her in danger of losing to a far-right Trump supporter like Zeldin.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2022, 10:40:35 AM »

This is a bit deceptive - it's a sharp-tipped plastic weapon designed to avoid detection by metal detectors, and is essentially a plastic brass knuckle. The attacker, who seems to be unstable, was 100% trying to hurt Zeldin even if it's unlikely to have been a fatal attack.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies