NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:36:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates  (Read 111888 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: August 04, 2020, 02:48:00 AM »

A real man of the people here. Anti-endorsed.

"I literally talk to people all day long who are in their Hamptons house who also lived here, or in their Hudson Valley house or in their Connecticut weekend house, and I say, 'You gotta come back, when are you coming back?'" Cuomo said during a press conference on Monday, when asked if he'd support a slate of tax hike proposals on the wealthy.

https://gothamist.com/news/after-talking-all-day-long-rich-new-yorkers-hamptons-cuomo-says-he-cant-raise-their-taxes
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 05:58:43 PM »

Katko running for Governor sounds like a great way to give Dems a shot at winning the Syracuse house seat.

Even Katko probably can't win a Syracuse and Ithaca district.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 12:29:54 AM »

Wow Hochul is the first governor from upstate Since Nathan Miller in 1920!

Hyde Park was probably considered upstate in 1928.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 05:52:40 PM »

Have him share a prison cell with Cuomo and the corpses of Bruno and Silver.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2022, 01:21:36 AM »

It's amazing all the effort that NY Democrats put into keeping 3rd parties off the ballot and then they do so bad without them on the ballot.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2023, 03:35:24 AM »

I remember how much sh*t I took for saying I would vote third party over Hochul if I lived in New York. That she was always an active, willing participant in a party machine that views mainstream Democrats as a greater enemy than conservatives.

Once again, I have been vindicated!

The NY Dems knew there would be plenty like you, that's why they forced all third parties off the ballot. Zeldin might've won if the Greens were there. Not difficult to see them getting 7% or something and changing the result.

That's just lazy thinking that Hochul would get all of the Green party voters. I think there was some 2016 poll where Hillary only beat Trump by 25 points with Stein voters.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2023, 01:15:28 AM »

Hochul’s budget proposal came out and includes pushing for new charter schools. This will be a big fight with the teachers unions and their allies in the legislature.

Already signs of pushback:

Any have any idea why Hochul seems to be politically pouring gasoline onto her already on fire self?

Maybe, after her relatively close call in 2022, she is already accepting that she won't run again or be renominated and therefore now thinks she has nothing to lose?
I think it is a mix of wanting to do everything she can to get back into Cuomo's good graces and trying to win back Nassau/burn the people she saw as dragging her down. She's fundamentally a bad politician with sh**t instincts who mostly wants to get her crew rich so there's always that.

Her husband's ties to that taxpayer funded Buffalo Bill's stadium are certainly troubling.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies