NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:20:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates  (Read 112821 times)
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 16, 2021, 07:10:31 AM »

This is even more hilarious.

Between watching episodes of Tiger King and episodes of Trump’s daily press “briefings” and trying to find more marijuana to ingest, I quicken to something that cuts through the insanity. Out of the darkness, you, Andrew Cuomo, walk into my life, looking remarkably like the Incredible Hulk. Governor Cuomo, do you know how dehydrated we’ve been? Do you know how thirsty we are to have a real leader, someone who can speak about policy, who can humanize statistics, who can string together a complex sentence that doesn’t contain a single lie—or just string together a complex sentence? Armed with facts, you are giving us the courage to face our fears. Your daily briefings have come at a time when I was beginning to wonder where the good men were and to feel despair that this was just the way the world was now. I’ve never believed all men suck, but all signals kept pointing in the same direction. In 2019 I read an article about a man who masturbated into a plant. I had to put the article down, look up at the sky, and wonder, When did that become a thing? In what era did the first man pull out his penis and jerk off to an indoor plant? Thank you, Andrew Cuomo. Thank you for reminding us that there are men who can lead and be clear and tell the truth—even when the news is bad. Who practice benevolent ruthlessness. (Thanks, Maureen Dowd.) Who speak to Americans with respect. Thank you for being a leader at a time when so many of us were desperately looking for one. Thank you for your different outfits, your tight white polo shirts, your forceful language, and your clear, easy-to-read graphics that are probably meant as a learning manual for Donald Trump. I love your bar graphs and pie charts, Governor. They’ve helped me to understand what this disease is doing and how important it is to self-quarantine. Thanks for reminding us, at a time when old white men are neither cool nor popular, that good men exist and that real politicians do their job by leading. Thank you for talking about the unexpected benefit of spending time with your daughters and for using words like compassion and courage. Thank you for reminding us that the best politicians are, in their hearts, civil servants. Thank you for talking about the value of human life and for reminding us that no one’s mother is expendable. I love you, Andrew Cuomo. Your daughters are lucky to have a dad like you. Thank you for showing us the heart of a New Yorker. But, most of all, thank you for your competence.

https://www.vogue.com/article/chelsea-handler-andrew-cuomo-love-letter
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies