NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:11:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates  (Read 112405 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« on: June 28, 2020, 04:27:31 PM »

Good news, hope he wins and flattens any primary challenge that he gets.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 08:47:31 PM »

At this point my guess is he promises to retire in 2022 or resigns in exchange for not being charged, in any case, Hochul is now the favorite for 2022 Governor, in my opinion.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 06:30:15 PM »

Rep Meeks is tentatively for resignation:

We're down to Jeffries and Torres.

Jeffries made a statement:

It stopped short of calling for Cuomo to resign, Torres has been silent.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2022, 06:49:05 PM »

I oppose this nomination obviously for reasons that others have already said, now that aside this is not the right approach at all:

I've told you she was a swamp creature the moment she put a knife in India's back. The only difference between her and Cuomo is her gender.
Our party needs to start fearing its voters the way that Republicans do.

Yes, let's let the party fear the voters so much that they let politicians get away with crimes and with insurrections and that the party becomes a cult around whoever the President is at the time. This is totally a fine and normal way to run a party and totally isn't going to make American politics even more unhealthy.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2022, 08:24:29 PM »

I would go farther and say that New Yorkers should divest from the state party as a whole. The party apparatus is uninterested in advancing its members' policies or goals. Its figureheads are more interested in advancing their own careers, reaching arbitrary milestones like "most popular governor" or growing their personal accounts. This is not a case of Sawxposting - this is an objective fact. The New York Democratic Party is more opposed to progressive Democrats than Republicans.

I have said since Buffalo that Kathy Hochul is a willing participant in this machine. Andrew Cuomo are not aberrations. There will be another mindless drone after Kathy Hochul, working to stifle progressives at the expense of Republicans. It is time for the real Democrats to get behind the WFP and advance real progress, and it is time for the state party to defund the NYDP. Working outside the party can be done - look at the Culinary machine in Nevada. It's time for progressives to find another avenue. This is not a Hochul problem. This is a deeply, deeply sick institution that needs to be purged at all costs.

The thing is this isn't entirely Hochul's fault. We have evidence that all kinds of powerful people supported this nomination including some pretty progressive individuals like Velazquez and Nadler. In fact, a lot at the list of organizations who endorsed the nomination shows a lot of Hispanic groups. In any case, Hochul clearly did not act alone, and that's what makes the nomination so hard to kill, plenty of Democrats, including many progressive ones, actively want this outcome as much as we don't.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/what-they-are-saying-governor-hochul-nominates-hon-hector-d-lasalle-be-chief-judge-new-york
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies