NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:29:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates  (Read 112941 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« on: August 24, 2021, 11:23:21 PM »

An electrifying first 48 hours, I think she’s exceeded all of our expectations so far!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 03:46:35 PM »

Hochul has done a tremendous job so far. I think she'd beat Williams pretty easily. James is still a very strong challenger, if she chooses to run. She may end up hanging around at AG and biding her time for now though.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 11:25:46 AM »

Jesus… imagine accepting an endorsement from these crooks. I’ll be supporting Hochul if this is the alternative.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021, 12:50:25 PM »

Good to see. Now let’s hope the party unite around our Governor and our AG, so that we can turn our attention to defending both seats next November.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2021, 03:43:26 PM »

Defund the police, shut down the schools… how is the far-left any different from the pro-austerity right at this point? Remember when progressive Democrats used to support providing public services to people?

Our beautiful Governor giving this sicko a good thrashing in the primary cannot come soon enough!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2022, 10:43:52 AM »

My QUEEN is alive!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2022, 07:37:37 PM »

Meanwhile, in the real world, Hochul is letting the mandate expire tomorrow and will probably let the separate mask mandate for schools expire as scheduled in two weeks.

(apologies for linking to the N*w Y*rk T*mes)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2022, 04:38:52 PM »

Cuomo would likely be doing better than Hochul. Say what you will about the guy but he understood how NY’s swing voters think, and he wouldn’t have been asleep while Republicans attacked him for months for being pro-crime. He may have even done the smart thing and repealed the horrendously unpopular bail reform and/or fired some of the most egregiously pro-crime DAs.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2023, 05:49:10 PM »

Hochul is as corrupt and right-wing as Cuomo, without any of the political skill or popularity with Democratic constituencies. It's one thing to be a conservadem when you regularly win in landslides and can unite the party (more or less) behind you. But this is just pointless. Unfortunately we appear to be stuck with this moron for the next four years.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2023, 06:15:55 PM »

I don't inherently oppose LaSalle's nomination to the court, what I'm frustrated by is Hochul bending herself backwards and pissing everyone else off in the process. kinda makes me worried there's some big donor reason behind the scenes she choose LaSalle.

Ds in NY really need to work on coming together and while I think there's blame to go around, the way Hochul has handled this is really upsetting. I am also upset with how much some progressives have blown LaSalle's record out of the water. Yes, he is conservative, but some of the conclusions there making based on rulings from cases with distinct circumstances shows how shallow they are too.

Also, lowkey Jefferies and Vasquez are a bit frustrating when they call the overturning of NY's congressional map Jim Crow 2.0 (which it's not lol) but then back LaSalle who would almost surely ensures this "Jim Crow" map stays in place. I would've thought they would have stronger convictions than that either way.

This could have all been avoided had Hochul just nominated a "normal" left-leaning justice but instead we need this theatre. Shameful.

The most important thing in politics is being a team player. You cannot achieve anything without a unified party behind you. I don’t care if you’re progressive or conservative or moderate or whatever. It’s rarely even about ideology, it’s about listening to others and taking their concerns seriously. It’s insane that we have a governor who can’t do this basic thing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies