NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:39:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates  (Read 110834 times)
Lognog
United States

« on: August 04, 2020, 07:59:44 PM »

If Cuomo wins this - as expected - does he launch a 2024 presidential bid if Biden doesn't run for re-election?

100% and if Biden runs again I wouldn't be surprised if ran in 2028
Lognog
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 10:30:04 PM »

If Cuomo wins this - as expected - does he launch a 2024 presidential bid if Biden doesn't run for re-election?

100% and if Biden runs again I wouldn't be surprised if ran in 2028

Yeah, I figure the same.  Regardless of who Biden's VP pick is, I don't think they have an easy road to the 2024 nomination.  Figures like Cuomo will be more than willing to jump in and take it.

I don't think it'll be as big a field as 2020, but it will certainly not be another 2016 with an heir apparent
Lognog
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 08:13:06 AM »

Assuming Biden does not run for reelection. Cuomo is running in 2024 without a doubt. The question is which puts him in a better position to do so?

Personally, I would say previous AG's have been very polarized like Holder and Barr so that could be beneficial for winning a primary but disadvantageous in the general
Lognog
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 06:43:29 PM »

I wouldn't put it past Cuomo to defy the legislature and refuse to resign. Even Northam never got to this point.

His planet size ego is a huge barrier in his willingness to resign, but then again his ego also dictates that he avoid an embarrassing pro longed impeachment fight
Lognog
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2021, 07:48:01 PM »

Speaking of Virginia:

Also, new news:

Ralph Northam has forfeited the right to comment on any other Governor's scandals, quite frankly.

It was a quote by Cuomo about Northam from 2019.

Which makes Cuomo a hypocrite. Still doesn't change my feelings on Northam though.

Literally no one on this site likes Northam
Lognog
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2021, 10:36:28 PM »

wonder if any NYC mayor candidate won't call for Cuomo to go
Lognog
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2021, 05:19:55 PM »

A lot of people think this is a setup, I am just saying.

Six women?

There were 40 women against Cosby does that make it not true?

Terrible logic
Lognog
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2021, 02:49:23 PM »

Why is it that all the calls for resignations are citing the sexual harassment allegations rather than the nursing home story? I think the latter is far worse.

I don't think you can compare the two scandals, however both on their own are calls for resignation.

The dems aren't talking enough about the senior scandal, but the sexual assault stuff is horrendous
Lognog
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2021, 02:57:06 PM »

What's the procedure for impeaching a Governor in New York?

The Assembly initiates it by a simple majority (76/150) just like the House initiates it at the federal level, & if approved, then it goes to what's called the court for the trial of impeachment, which is comprised of the State Senate minus its President (Hochul) & its PPT + the 7 judges on the Court of Appeals.

Also unlike the federal process, Hochul would automatically become Acting Governor for the duration of such a trial.

is it one man one vote for the state SC and senate to get to the 2/3 majority needed?
Lognog
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2021, 10:18:52 PM »

How does Cuomo survive the impeachment trial in the senate?
Lognog
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2021, 08:39:49 PM »

Not a reliable source in the slightest, but it doesn't surprise me to hear elsewhere that the staff is jumping ship
Lognog
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2021, 05:33:00 PM »

Accuser Charlotte Bennett talked to investigators for four hours, said Cuomo was obssessed with discussing his large hand size and what it meant.

A woman who has accused New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo of sexual harassment told investigators Monday that he was preoccupied with talking to subordinates about his “hand size” and “what the large size of his hands indicated,” her lawyer revealed.

The accuser, former Cuomo aide Charlotte Bennett, spent four hours talking via Zoom teleconference software to investigators conducting a probe of claims by her and several other women that the Democrat sexually harassed them, or otherwise made inappropriate comments and physical contact.

The investigation is being overseen by state Attorney General Letitia James.

Bennett, 25, “detailed her allegations of sexual harassment and provided the investigators with more than 120 pages of contemporaneous records, as well as other examples of documentary evidence, to corroborate her accusations against Gov. Cuomo and his senior staff,” her lawyer Debra Katz said in a statement.

Katz said that Bennett gave the investigators “detailed information about the sexually hostile work environment the Governor fostered in both his Manhattan and Albany offices and his deliberate effort to create rivalries and tension among female staffers on whom he bestowed attention.”

“One piece of new information that came to light today was the Governor’s preoccupation with his hand size and what the large size of his hands indicated to Charlotte and other members of his staff,” Katz said.

The lawyer said the investigators “have been moving quickly, and with sensitivity, to get to the heart of these allegations.”

“We remain confident that their investigation will substantiate Charlotte’s claims of sexual harassment against Gov. Cuomo, as well as the failure of his senior staff to meet their mandatory reporting requirements under the very laws he signed,” Katz said.

She also said that “it is imperative” that the probe focus not only on Cuomo’s conduct toward women, “but also on the culture of fear, abuse and secrecy that he and his most senior staff cultivated. ”

“To that end, we have full confidence in the investigation and the investigators.  We urge others who have been subjected to inappropriate conduct by the Governor – and we know you are out there – to come forward with what you experienced,” Katz said. “And to those who observed the behavior, we urge you to do the same.”

this is beyond parody, he's literally blue trump
Lognog
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2021, 04:00:26 PM »

It looks like Governor Cuomo is safe, for now:

Siena poll: Just 35 percent of New York voters want Cuomo to resign

Most New York voters are satisfied with Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s explanation of the sexual harassment allegations made against him and barely a third want him to resign, a Siena College Research Institute poll released Monday morning found.

The governor’s overall popularity has taken a hit over the past month, however. Only 43 percent of New Yorkers now view him favorably, while 45 percent view him unfavorably.

“Voters appear to be able to compartmentalize how they feel about Cuomo,” Siena spokesperson Steve Greenberg said in a statement. “While their views on him generally — favorability, job performance, re-elect — took a significant hit this month, voters’ views on Cuomo’s handling of the pandemic remain largely positive, except for his handling of nursing home death data.”

Cuomo’s numbers had already been gradually declining from the stratospheric highs they hit last spring. He’s now back around where he was before the pandemic; he polled at 44-50 favorable in a Siena poll in February 2020.

But as the governor fights back rapidly-spreading calls for him to leave office, it’s safe to assume that the numbers which will resonate the most are those finding that most voters aren’t ready for him to go.

A total of 57 percent of respondents say they’re “satisfied with the way Cuomo has addressed the allegations,” while 32 percent say they are “not satisfied.”

Cuomo isn't safe. that poll came out before more national dems called on him to resign and before a lot of the new allegations were made public. I would want to see a newer poll before jumping to that conclusion
Lognog
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2021, 12:26:03 PM »

For sure things can change, but as we speak, I think Cuomo resigning or being successfully impeached is somewhat less likely than Cuomo still being gov in January 2023. Needless to say how embarrassing that is. Believe me, I really want to wrong here.

Is there an impeachment vote scheduled?
Lognog
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2021, 03:35:59 PM »

For sure things can change, but as we speak, I think Cuomo resigning or being successfully impeached is somewhat less likely than Cuomo still being gov in January 2023. Needless to say how embarrassing that is. Believe me, I really want to wrong here.

Is there an impeachment vote scheduled?

No, the Assembly Judiciary Committee is still in the inquiry stage, & the Speaker is ensuring that it moves at a snail's pace.

Is the speaker a fake? he called for resignation
Lognog
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2021, 09:57:09 PM »

Frankly, I'm impressed he's still around. I was convinced a few weeks ago that he was going to be impeached.

Now, it really does look like he may run again. I mean if Justin Fairfax (or Trump) can run, I guess anyone can.

Hopefully, the NY dems rally around James to get rid of him, but it'll be a dirty Ny politics brawl to do it
Lognog
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2021, 01:32:44 AM »

Katko is considering a run.

https://13wham.com/news/local/report-republican-rep-katko-being-recruited-to-run-for-governor-of-ny

Would clearly be the smartest choice, but I have strong doubts that he is capable of winning a Republican primary after voting to impeach. It will probably end up being Andrew Giuliani or some other hard R MAGA loon who has no chance of being competitive even with Cuomo's damaged position.

please please please
Lognog
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2021, 10:47:34 AM »

Schumer should consider it.

In all seriousness, while he's doing fine as Majority Leader, progressives would like to see Warren or Sanders as the Democrats leader in the Senate, and I think everyone not named Carl Heastie would like to see Cuomo gone.

Plus, Schumer probably would beat Cuomo in a primary easily at this point.

100% never going to happen
Lognog
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2021, 12:28:14 PM »

I'm glad that my party is finally holding our Trump to account. Imagine the AG of Florida going after Trump like this. The two parties are simply not the same
Lognog
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2021, 10:07:47 PM »

State Sen. Alessandra Biaggi reiterates potential to run for Governor if Cuomo seeks nomination again, also considering run for Lieutenant Governor or Comptroller:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/04/ny-state-sen-biaggi-former-cuomo-aide-was-witness-in-harassment-probe.html

endorsed
Lognog
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2021, 09:46:29 PM »

I liked Williams but this kind of stuff is not ok

Has he done anything else this dumb?
Lognog
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2022, 12:59:17 PM »

Sleeper choice: Brindisi
Pages: [1]  
Jump to: