NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:18:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates  (Read 112415 times)
TML
Junior Chimp

« on: March 26, 2021, 11:00:39 PM »

Hillary would be a good governor, but the RGA would spend millions in NY

Malliotakis or Lazio or someone would run against her

But if a retread like Rick Lazio reemerges, it would lead to a Zeldin or a Palumbo or some other rightwinger to run....

Then the RGA might as well light their money on fire, because there is no way Clinton would lose. Plus Cinton already beat Lazio in 2000, when NY was much less blue.

bronz is stuck in the 1990s and early 2000s because every time NY politics are discussed, he brings up a GOPer as having some sort of chance in statewide races.

A Republican can win under the right environment....Upstate NY has a sizeable GOP core...plus the LI/Rockland/Orange suburbs

That "right environment" will likely involve a Republican presidential candidate winning 400+ EVs.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 03:36:04 PM »

I don't even think Pataki could win in this 2022 NY climate...2002 was 20 years ago, both Pataki and the national GOP was riding off the post-9/11 boom that added more voters for the GOP......

https://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/05/politics/gop-posted-gains-among-voters-after-911-survey-shows.html?searchResultPosition=1

Like I said before, if Republicans are winning statewide races in NY, they are winning 400+ EVs nationwide.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2022, 08:42:22 PM »

This week I got my absentee primary ballot and filled it out for Williams/Archila. Although I don’t know what impact my vote will have on the final result, I chose this pair because they were endorsed by at least one major national progressive organization.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2023, 04:13:18 PM »

Lol not even close.

Why on God's green Earth did she push for this so hard and ruin so much of her image and political capital? Did she really think LaSalle had a chance?

Like her predecessor, Hochul is operating under the notion that the proper way to govern as a Democrat is to spit on the party's left flank while appealing to right-wingers. This may have worked well during the Clinton era but is now largely obsolete (and I believe this is a major reason why Democrats underperformed in NY in 2021-22).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies