NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:18:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates  (Read 112143 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 02, 2021, 06:38:07 PM »

Emerson now has Cuomo underwater:

Approve 38%
Disapprove 48%
Unsure/No opinion 14%

Men: 33/56
Women: 43/40

Should Cuomo be reelected in 2022?
Yes 36%
No 64%

Should Cuomo resign over Nursing Home handling?
Yes 45%
No 36%
Unsure 18%

700 RV, 3/1-3/2

https://emersonpolling.reportablenews.com/pr/new-york-state-poll-governor-cuomo-struggling-amid-controversies
Interesting that women approve of Coumo more than men do. You'd expect the opposite if anything.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 07:59:34 PM »

Emerson now has Cuomo underwater:

Approve 38%
Disapprove 48%
Unsure/No opinion 14%

Men: 33/56
Women: 43/40

Should Cuomo be reelected in 2022?
Yes 36%
No 64%

Should Cuomo resign over Nursing Home handling?
Yes 45%
No 36%
Unsure 18%

700 RV, 3/1-3/2

https://emersonpolling.reportablenews.com/pr/new-york-state-poll-governor-cuomo-struggling-amid-controversies
Interesting that women approve of Coumo more than men do. You'd expect the opposite if anything.

A lot of women like his lockdown rules, a lot of men do not.....
I wonder if there is a big gender gap on the "should Coumo resign" question.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 03:46:28 AM »

Katko running for Governor sounds like a great way to give Dems a shot at winning the Syracuse house seat.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2022, 11:37:40 AM »

Hochul should easily surpass Cuomo's pathetic performance Upstate in 2018. He only won 6 counties, and Tompkins was the only one where he exceeded 53%.

She prolly dramatically underperforms Cuomos performance on Long and Staten Island margins cancelling at least part of her improvements upstate out.

what makes you think that?

I mean he outright won Richmond and Suffolk counties and did very well in Nassau. I think being Italian helped him. I doubt Hochul wins either Richmond or Suffolk

Aren't these suburban countries with upper middle class whites that tend to the political center? How would a right-wing candidate like Zeldin appeal to them? I feel like Hochul is a good fit for that.

It’s not an ideology thing, it’s a regionalism upstate vs downstate thing. Cuomo was the downstate candidate, Molinaro was the upstate candidate. The results reflected that. This time it’s reversed. Hochul is also far western, from Buffalo/Niagara. I wouldn’t be surprised if she wins Niagara while losing Nassau.
Remember that Paladino won in Erie County in 2010 while losing massively statewide.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2022, 06:48:50 PM »

You know you’re winning the argument when you start mocking physical appearance.
Not a single person here lampooning Drew Savicki has justified why his appearance would tell us anything about how credible his arguments are. Not a single one.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2022, 06:50:09 PM »
« Edited: November 03, 2022, 06:56:37 PM by Southern Delegate and Atlasian AG Punxsutawney Phil »

Interesting theory here:

I’m supposed to take election advice from a dude that can’t even cut his hair and shave his neck beard lmao
So, you think his beard and appearance makes him less credible, and would you be just as willing to accept his credibility (or lack thereof) if he was in agreement with you? Put up or shut up.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2022, 07:23:35 PM »

You know you’re winning the argument when you start mocking physical appearance.
Not a single person here lampooning Drew Savicki has justified why his appearance would tell us anything about how credible his arguments are. Not a single one.

Thank you.  When people can't attack the argument, they attack the messenger.  And attacking the messenger by mocking his appearance is both weak and childish.
Yep. "Put up or shut up" isn't a phrase I use everyday...but this time...
EDIT: Forgot to say, your welcome for the kind words.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2022, 07:52:38 PM »

I must admonish Atlas posters, especially young men, that their personal hygiene, especially as to washing and shaving, does reflect on their personal judgment, especially when they further choose to broadcast their appearance online.

Please do not get the wrong idea from the above posts; while it is wrong to vocally criticize another's poor appearance rather than simply ignoring it, people will and should consider whether or not you've showered when you try to convince them of literally anything. I cannot stress this enough, based on my interactions with young men interested in politics and elections.
I didn't know you had access to Drew Savinki's schedule and had a schedule of when he showered. And I didn't know that having facial hair was a sign of bad hygiene.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2022, 07:56:51 PM »

I wonder if there’s already a mod for this race?

Hochul is an awful messenger by and large. It's really the D next to her name keeping her afloat.

I think this isn't quite an OK or KS situation though, yes there are prbolems in NY but not of that caliber.

I'd expect a bit more from you.

Look I'm sorry but it's true. I can still align myself more with her than Zeldin but also believe her messaging and optics are terrible.
I will just say your most recent comments capture my views on this just fine.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2022, 08:04:45 PM »

I must admonish Atlas posters, especially young men, that their personal hygiene, especially as to washing and shaving, does reflect on their personal judgment, especially when they further choose to broadcast their appearance online.

Please do not get the wrong idea from the above posts; while it is wrong to vocally criticize another's poor appearance rather than simply ignoring it, people will and should consider whether or not you've showered when you try to convince them of literally anything. I cannot stress this enough, based on my interactions with young men interested in politics and elections.
I didn't know you had access to Drew Savinki's schedule and had a schedule of when he showered. And I didn't know that having facial hair was a sign of bad hygiene.

No one said having facial hair is a sign of bad hygiene. I've had a beard since I was 17, but I always make sure to keep it maintained, shave once a week, barber once a month etc. Mr. Savicki seems like a nice guy, and he's made some great maps on twitter, but he looks like the smelly kid who sits in the corner of the class. I'm sorry but it's true.
I'm dropping this because it's getting into the weeds at this point, but this just smacks of hearsay unsupported by facts. If the specific charge wasn't actually some iteration of "facial hair=bad hygiene", then that's great, but it doesn't make much sense to me if Drew actually didn't "shower". That's a profoundly silly thing to claim without evidence, and it's textbook "shoot the messenger" to use this to shoot down any arguements that they might raise. Is it so hard to look mainly at what is being said and not who is saying it? This is some of the most pitiful and mean-spirited stuff I've seen on this board. Somehow it made me sympathize with *Election Twitter* people. Lol.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2022, 02:22:47 PM »

James Dolan's PAC is spending around 600k to keep the MSG tax break support Hochul. "Endorsed by James Dolan" seems like an effective attack on Hochul, lol.

I have no idea who that is and I doubt many other people do.
Madison Square Garden tax break, from the looks of it.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2022, 02:36:19 PM »

There is no way for Zeldin to win without carrying Nassau and Rockland by a large margin. He would possibly have to carry Erie and Monroe too.

According to the polls, Zeldin seems to get at least 45% of the vote. These votes must come from somewhere. I assume that he is going to do very well in Nassau.

He would probably do even better in Suffolk.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies