NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:23:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 80
Author Topic: NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates  (Read 112438 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: December 12, 2021, 01:46:48 PM »

Why is Suozzi even running? I don’t see much point to his campaign. Does anyone who isn’t a Republican think Hochul is too left?

Yeah, Souzzi would’ve been much better off running for re-election.  He’s “only” 59 and has a seat on Ways and Means.  He could easily have ended up chairing a Ways and Means subcommittee during the next Democratic House majority and probably wouldn’t lose in 2022 as long as he’s not asleep at the wheel.  I get that his dream job is clearly being Governor, but he’s never gonna win a statewide primary.  For better or worse, just isn’t in the cards and probably never was either. 

Being a Congressman is a better consolation prize than he had any right to expect, especially after he lost re-election as Nassau County Executive.  It was only dumb luck that his political career had a second wind and he’s throwing that away for a suicide run.  Even if Hochul somehow imploded, it still wouldn’t be him.

Eh, Suozzi probably could beat Benjamin for Lieutenant Governor if he had chosen to run for that office, and be in position to succeed Hochul if she retires in 2026/2032 or gets elected President/Vice President in 2024/2028.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1176 on: December 12, 2021, 03:07:43 PM »

Betwwen this and her silent support against the Democrat I'm pretty firmly in the #NeverHochul corner.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1177 on: December 12, 2021, 03:16:22 PM »

James' support probably splits semi-evenly between Williams and Hochul, maybe with an edge for Williams. Unless anyone stronger than Suozzi jumps in, race goes from Lean Hochul to Likely Hochul.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1178 on: December 12, 2021, 04:24:49 PM »

Why is Suozzi even running? I don’t see much point to his campaign. Does anyone who isn’t a Republican think Hochul is too left?

Self-promotion and utter delusion.

James' support probably splits semi-evenly between Williams and Hochul, maybe with an edge for Williams. Unless anyone stronger than Suozzi jumps in, race goes from Lean Hochul to Likely Hochul.

Don't you think Hochul gets most of James' support. James may be slightly more progressive ideologically, though she was always had ties to the establishment which supported her in 2018 over two other contenders for Attorney General.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1179 on: December 13, 2021, 01:21:25 PM »

Self-promotion and utter delusion.

Don't you think Hochul gets most of James' support. James may be slightly more progressive ideologically, though she was always had ties to the establishment which supported her in 2018 over two other contenders for Attorney General.

It's possible, but James picked up a lot of mainstream Black support and was running to Hochul's left with a focus on criminal justice reform. Williams may be too far-left to pick up some of that support, but he'll definitely get a chunk of it. It's probably a 60-40 wash either way, which gives Williams no real path to catch up.

Suozzi and De Blasio will likely stay in the single digits.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1180 on: December 18, 2021, 03:43:26 PM »

Defund the police, shut down the schools… how is the far-left any different from the pro-austerity right at this point? Remember when progressive Democrats used to support providing public services to people?

Our beautiful Governor giving this sicko a good thrashing in the primary cannot come soon enough!
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1181 on: December 18, 2021, 04:52:12 PM »

christ alingmighty what.

This is why I'm growing increasingly disillusioned with the left and the Democratic Party in this country. Make those who can't defend or fight for themselves pay the price for their security theater.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1182 on: December 18, 2021, 05:47:27 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2021, 08:27:09 PM by KaiserDave »

I am officially ANTI ENDORSING Williams. Everyone should oppose him, he is the worst possible candidate.

Edit: eeehhhh Suozzi might be worse. Luckily you don't have to vote for either of them.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1183 on: December 18, 2021, 06:03:10 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2021, 07:56:56 PM by Your Vote Is A Muscle »

I'm very glad that this primary is Titanium Hochul.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #1184 on: December 18, 2021, 09:46:29 PM »

I liked Williams but this kind of stuff is not ok

Has he done anything else this dumb?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1185 on: December 18, 2021, 11:07:56 PM »

For what it's worth (which is nothing, but anyway...) I am officially endorsing acting-Governor Kathy Huchul in the Democratic gubernatorial primary and (of course) in the general election.  I support everything she has done so far, though I am not thrilled about the statewide indoor mask mandate (but I understand why she's doing it).  And considering her opposition, she really is the best that can be asked for.  
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1186 on: December 18, 2021, 11:49:11 PM »

The most obnoxious trademark of what now passes for the left in this country from Williams' statement is the claim that the lack of a "viable remote school option" constitutes a policy failure. As if the logistical issues, family problems, and learning deficits involved in remote learning were trivialities that we could fix in two years if only we had the right political leadership. What planet is he tweeting from?

Agreed. "Viable" remote learning is a fiction. What you are doing is eliminating useful public education, there are not go arounds.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1187 on: December 18, 2021, 11:57:48 PM »

This is my prediction for the county map if the race ends up being Hochul vs. Zeldin

https://www.yapms.com/app/?m=dfas

Dutchess may vote GOP but I agree with everything else on this map. We'll see if we get some geographical polarization that's the reverse of 2018. Molinaro won every Hudson county except Albany and Ulster, even winning Columbia, while Cuomo won Staten Island both LI counties.

If it goes the other way, Hochul probably keeps all of the Biden Hudson counties.

I think Hochul wins Nassau, by 2-3 points. I wonder if that means that the Long Island Senate Democrats get swept out....
kwabbit

« Reply #1188 on: December 19, 2021, 12:31:15 AM »

This is my prediction for the county map if the race ends up being Hochul vs. Zeldin

https://www.yapms.com/app/?m=dfas

Dutchess may vote GOP but I agree with everything else on this map. We'll see if we get some geographical polarization that's the reverse of 2018. Molinaro won every Hudson county except Albany and Ulster, even winning Columbia, while Cuomo won Staten Island both LI counties.

If it goes the other way, Hochul probably keeps all of the Biden Hudson counties.

I think Hochul wins Nassau, by 2-3 points. I wonder if that means that the Long Island Senate Democrats get swept out....

It depends how Hochul is viewed. As the incumbent governor, she might just be seen as representing the NYC hegemony so she might not get an Upstate boost or a Downstate penalty. I think Nassau is a tossup given that Zeldin is from Long Island and it will be favorable environment for Republicans. The GOP did do extremely well in 2021 in LI, perhaps that could carry over into 2022.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1189 on: December 19, 2021, 04:48:45 AM »

I am officially ANTI ENDORSING Williams. Everyone should oppose him, he is the worst possible candidate.

Edit: eeehhhh Suozzi might be worse. Luckily you don't have to vote for either of them.

Both are grifters seeking pure self-promotion. Suozzi doesn't even distinct himself much from Cuomo and perhaps wants to become his natural successor. Williams is absolutely toxic and stands for everything that hurts progressives. Their face should be the Fetterman types and not him, which is why he needs to be defeated. Even I thought she could have selected Williams for lt. governor, but turns out this was a very wise decision. He would have hurt her more than help and be disloyal to her in public.

So, get them, Kathy!
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #1190 on: December 19, 2021, 05:55:00 AM »

I've been impressed with Governor Hochul so far. She is standing up for progressive principles and ideals far more than most expected. I'm impressed and glad to see she has gathered support from both the left and moderates. She also takes her position as leader of the NY State Democratic Party seriously. I think some people were expecting some Blue Dog conservadem. It's clear Governor Hochul stands up for the beliefs of all New Yorkers. I'd vote for her in a heartbeat.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1191 on: December 19, 2021, 09:49:42 AM »

Well that sucks. Real shame Tish dropped out and I suppose it’s good that this primary was always safe Hochul.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #1192 on: December 19, 2021, 08:39:42 PM »

Well that sucks. Real shame Tish dropped out and I suppose it’s good that this primary was always safe Hochul.
In your opinion, what was the main policy difference between Hochul and James?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1193 on: December 19, 2021, 10:38:56 PM »

In your opinion, what was the main policy difference between Hochul and James?

James lacks Hochul’s uncomfortably moderate House voting record.

This isn’t to say that I dislike Hochul, though. I just prefer more progressive candidates in primaries and I believe Tish would’ve been more progressive on issues like housing and healthcare. Hochul has been a fine Gov so far and either way, the Democrat was always going to win this race, so a bit of healthy competition isn’t a threat imo.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1194 on: December 19, 2021, 10:50:23 PM »

James is significantly more progressive than Hochul, and probably would have won the primary in a straight head-to-head race (if she bothered to actually fundraise and campaign, which it looked like she wasn't doing).

If I'm Letita James, I'd at least take a look at challenging Gillibrand in 2024, based on her previous willingness to primary Hochul, and the fact that Gillibrand is probably in a similar position in a primary (former Blue Dog from upstate who could be vulnerable against a more progressive New York City Democrat).
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1195 on: December 20, 2021, 04:48:40 PM »

Big union endorsement for Hochul:

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1196 on: December 21, 2021, 01:12:26 PM »

Great news!

Glad to see the Steelworkers driving a hammer into the campaigns of the lockdown lunatics!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1197 on: December 27, 2021, 03:43:11 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/nyc-mayor-bill-blasio-says-140153873.html

Bill De Blasio is probably gonna run for Gov ENDORSED
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1198 on: December 27, 2021, 04:02:56 PM »

If he even makes it to the primary, he will get completely crushed. And rightfully so.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1199 on: December 27, 2021, 05:06:49 PM »

He hasn't entered yet we will see when he officially announced
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to: