NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:47:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates  (Read 112894 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2023, 10:21:46 AM »

I feel like we're in a cycle of "Hochul does something, everyone freaks out and says she's the devil" with no context in between. Not saying that all of the stuff she's doing isn't legitimately bad, but it certainly would be confounding if she was doing all of these things on purpose, and I can't take a lot of Twitter seriously about it because some of those people freak out over everything.

Can someone actually break down this veto and what the bill actually does?

I agree that some of these twitter takes are a bit silly, but ig what's frustrating is that Hochul seems to be doing a lot of things that are the opposite of what she ran on, even though NY is generally a deep blue state, and it's unclear exactly why.

Is she just genuinely more conservative at heart? Does someone on the right have something against her they'll release if she doesn't do their bidding? Is she getting paid a lot of money?

Especially with the LaSalle thing and they fact she's bending over backwards to fight a losing battle for such an unlikely pick, something feels very wrong to me as a NYer and idk what it is. I just want like a coherent reason why she actually wants LaSalle on the court specifically so much.

Hochul was elected as a blue dog type in a Republican district in Western New York. Her political career has taught to her move to the center.

In her mind, she won a pyrrhic and embarrassing victory against Zeldin while running a more typically liberal campaign. Everything in her career has taught her to move to the center after an electoral underperformance, so that is what she's doing.

I don't think Hochul is really a poor politician either. The GOP was going to have a wave in NY either way. Only Suozzi could've kept the race comfortable given his downstate moderate politics, Williams could've done worse than Hochul.

Not saying you're wrong, though Hochul definitely draws the wrong conclusions from her underwhelming victory in 2022. For sure it wasn't because she was too liberal before.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2023, 09:42:15 AM »

Lol not even close.

That's just embarrassing.  Hochul has really put herself through a lot of needless torture for this ordeal.

It seems that she has kind of screwed up since the election? Seems to be that she has taken the wrong lessons from NY Dems underperformance in 2022.

Hope NY can elect a better gov in 4 years. Perhaps we would have been better off with James.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies