NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:44:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 80
Author Topic: NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates  (Read 112226 times)
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2020, 09:51:29 PM »

Whew, this thread took off.

I think Cuomo's handling of COVID has been okay so far, coming from a Democrat. It hasn't made me want to vote for him any less, though, I already would support a primary challenger from the left.

He tried to cut Medicaid during the pandemic. This should be inexcusable.

That's the entire NYS Democratic Party establishment, we learn to live with it after a while. (unfortunately)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2020, 02:01:38 AM »

Jumaane Williams could run with Helen Rosenthal, Ron Kim, Thomas Duane, Brad Lander, Zephyr Teachout, Costa Constantinides, or Justin Brannan as his running mate. The real challenge would be to win over enough upstate and minority votes that he could beat back the machine.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2020, 03:19:45 PM »

George Pataki eyeing another bid?

At least one Pataki confidante said the situation has angered him enough to even consider running against Cuomo in 2022 and denying him the same fourth term Pataki denied his father, Mario, in 1994

NY Post

Quite frankly, I don't see it he's actually getting in again, even though the Republican bench seems thin here. Since New York 2022 is vastly different from 1994, Pataki would have a chance of nearly zero against Cuomo. He's a moderate for sure, but I don't think New Yorkers have any desire to return to a man who has been irrelevant for many years.

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2020, 03:27:19 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2020, 08:14:36 AM by brucejoel99 »

George Pataki eyeing another bid?

At least one Pataki confidante said the situation has angered him enough to even consider running against Cuomo in 2022 and denying him the same fourth term Pataki denied his father, Mario, in 1994

NY Post

Quite frankly, I don't see it he's actually getting in again, even though the Republican bench seems thin here. Since New York 2022 is vastly different from 1994, Pataki would have a chance of nearly zero against Cuomo. He's a moderate for sure, but I don't think New Yorkers have any desire to return to a man who has been irrelevant for many years.

"People didn't like me before. Based on no evidence, I think that's changed!" - George Pataki, probably

Seriously, though, it's amazing he thinks anybody still cares what he thinks. Remember when he ran for President? All that showed was that his fans have been practicing social distancing for years Tongue

Sorry, Pataki: nobody wants you backi.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2020, 02:38:50 AM »

Under no circumstances.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2020, 02:48:00 AM »

A real man of the people here. Anti-endorsed.

"I literally talk to people all day long who are in their Hamptons house who also lived here, or in their Hudson Valley house or in their Connecticut weekend house, and I say, 'You gotta come back, when are you coming back?'" Cuomo said during a press conference on Monday, when asked if he'd support a slate of tax hike proposals on the wealthy.

https://gothamist.com/news/after-talking-all-day-long-rich-new-yorkers-hamptons-cuomo-says-he-cant-raise-their-taxes
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2020, 07:35:32 AM »

I wonder what the Moderate Heros™ think about this.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2020, 03:44:48 PM »

Jumaane Williams could run with Helen Rosenthal, Ron Kim, Thomas Duane, Brad Lander, Zephyr Teachout, Costa Constantinides, or Justin Brannan as his running mate. The real challenge would be to win over enough upstate and minority votes that he could beat back the machine.

Jumaane's running for Schumer's seat. At least that's the word on the street.

Out of your list, only Ron Kim would be interested in running. There's some Monroe County politicians I could see joining the ticket. Jamaal Bowman, too, but he wouldn't be interested, I don't think.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2020, 06:32:48 PM »

Pataki lmao
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2020, 07:15:47 PM »

As expected the Moderate Heros™ don't give a (redacted) and will stan Cuomo.
KYRockefeller
Rookie

« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2020, 07:30:09 PM »

If Cuomo wins this - as expected - does he launch a 2024 presidential bid if Biden doesn't run for re-election?
Lognog
United States

« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2020, 07:59:44 PM »

If Cuomo wins this - as expected - does he launch a 2024 presidential bid if Biden doesn't run for re-election?

100% and if Biden runs again I wouldn't be surprised if ran in 2028
KYRockefeller
Rookie

« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2020, 10:01:25 PM »

Yeah, I figure the same.  Regardless of who Biden's VP pick is, I don't think they have an easy road to the 2024 nomination.  Figures like Cuomo will be more than willing to jump in and take it.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2020, 10:30:04 PM »

Yeah, I figure the same.  Regardless of who Biden's VP pick is, I don't think they have an easy road to the 2024 nomination.  Figures like Cuomo will be more than willing to jump in and take it.

I don't think it'll be as big a field as 2020, but it will certainly not be another 2016 with an heir apparent
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2020, 01:26:52 PM »

A real man of the people here. Anti-endorsed.

"I literally talk to people all day long who are in their Hamptons house who also lived here, or in their Hudson Valley house or in their Connecticut weekend house, and I say, 'You gotta come back, when are you coming back?'" Cuomo said during a press conference on Monday, when asked if he'd support a slate of tax hike proposals on the wealthy.

https://gothamist.com/news/after-talking-all-day-long-rich-new-yorkers-hamptons-cuomo-says-he-cant-raise-their-taxes

Cuomosexual but also ACAB and vore the rich
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2020, 02:19:19 PM »

I actually hope he will be Attorney General or Chief of Staff under President Biden.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2020, 01:26:07 PM »

So are the Working Families Party going to grow a pair of balls and run their own candidate? Seriously, if they co-nominate Cuomo after everything that has happened, they deserve to lose their ballot access.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2020, 01:42:57 PM »

So are the Working Families Party going to grow a pair of balls and run their own candidate? Seriously, if they co-nominate Cuomo after everything that has happened, they deserve to lose their ballot access.

Their candidate would get like 5% statewide and Cuomo 53-56% rather than 58-63%. What would be the point?

Also, Cuomo has been a great governor with many archievements such as a Paid Family Leave program, a Student loan program endorsed by Bernie, gun control, protection of women's rights, Same-sex marriage in 2011 and a strong handling of the pandemic (80% approvals here speak for themselves, New York is currently doing better than most other states as well).
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2020, 01:56:50 PM »

Their candidate would get like 5% statewide and Cuomo 53-56% rather than 58-63%. What would be the point?

If you don't know how elections in New York work, why are you posting?

The Working Families Party have to get 150k votes to stay on the ballot for the next 4 years. If they don't, they die. That's the point. Cuomo has deliberately taken actions to kill the party with his underlings tripling the ballot access line to where based on 2018 results the only party other than the Democrats and Republicans that would stay on the ballot is the Conservative Party of New York.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2020, 02:20:37 PM »

The Working Families Party have to get 150k votes to stay on the ballot for the next 4 years. If they don't, they die. That's the point. Cuomo has deliberately taken actions to kill the party with his underlings tripling the ballot access line to where based on 2018 results the only party other than the Democrats and Republicans that would stay on the ballot is the Conservative Party of New York.

I just don't think minor parties make a lot of sense under this voting system, since it's unlikely they ever elect a governor or statewide officials. The Conservative Party is a relic from the 1960s that was formed in opposition to liberal Republican governor Nelson Rockefeller. It elected a senator in 1970 because Democrats and and Republicans split the liberal and moderate vote. They never won a statewide race since. From the Working Families Party, it may make more sense to run a candidate for the sake of staying the ballot. But only for that. I'm not sure they have any chance to elect any official in state politics at all.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2020, 07:06:16 AM »

I just don't think minor parties make a lot of sense under this voting system, since it's unlikely they ever elect a governor or statewide officials.

Again, if you don't know how elections in New York work, why are you posting?

The Working Families Party's raison d'etre is to be a left-wing force on the Democrats to force them to nominate more left-wing people instead of moderates due to New York's fusion system.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2020, 12:12:41 PM »

I just don't think minor parties make a lot of sense under this voting system, since it's unlikely they ever elect a governor or statewide officials.

Again, if you don't know how elections in New York work, why are you posting?

The Working Families Party's raison d'etre is to be a left-wing force on the Democrats to force them to nominate more left-wing people instead of moderates due to New York's fusion system.
Under the new law, theyd only really be able to maintain their ballot line by running a somewhat succesful third party candidate for governor. They're likely to do so, imo - theyve grown much more combattive recently.
GAProgressive
Rookie

« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2020, 12:42:49 PM »

Yeppers.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2020, 03:51:04 PM »

Yeppers.
A Kamala v. Cuomo primary would be interesting.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2020, 03:56:02 PM »

Former NY governor George Pataki may rekindle the Cuomo-Pataki feud, by running again.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/18/george-pataki-warns-big-apple-on-brink-nyc-is-going-to-die/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies