NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:38:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 80
Author Topic: NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates  (Read 112170 times)
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: March 08, 2021, 10:41:43 PM »

Ugh Democrats really need to be the one to kick him out. I’m sure it’ll be overly bipartisan, but I feel it’d be better for the democrats to show they are drawing the hardline
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #376 on: March 09, 2021, 11:37:22 AM »

Chance of this being voted on soon?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #377 on: March 09, 2021, 03:51:23 PM »

Chance of this being voted on soon?

I'm not sure. Probably needs one of the investigations to be completed and published first. I wish he'd just resign.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #378 on: March 09, 2021, 04:00:38 PM »

Ugh Democrats really need to be the one to kick him out. I’m sure it’ll be overly bipartisan, but I feel it’d be better for the democrats to show they are drawing the hardline

Better them than no one.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #379 on: March 09, 2021, 04:59:27 PM »

Just for the record, there's another one:

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #380 on: March 09, 2021, 05:00:26 PM »

A lot of people think this is a setup, I am just saying.

Six women?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #381 on: March 09, 2021, 05:13:20 PM »

Six women?

"A lot of people think"... who exactly thinks that? What's their evidence? That's also a phrase Trump used for his talking points, trying to give them more credibility.

People need to realize that making such accusations in public takes some courage and bring a great legal risk for the individual making them if they're made up. Such cases exist as well, but this really doesn't like a hitjob, especially when six individuals independently come forward. Most men who abuse or harass do it frequently or as long as they feel they can get away with it. Obviously this needs investigated and then prosecuted if found credible regardless of whether he resigns. Furthermore, Cuomo has enough problems with the nursing home scandal that it's not necessary to make up this stuff to run him out of town (if that was the objective).

All these things considered, Cuomo should resign from office. He has not just betrayed public trust with many of his action now, the state needs a fulltime governor untainted by scandals who's focused on getting things done.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #382 on: March 09, 2021, 05:19:55 PM »

Six women?

There were 40 women against Cosby does that make it not true?

Terrible logic
Duke of York

« Reply #383 on: March 09, 2021, 05:33:11 PM »

He need to resign. Denial is no longer a valid response.
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #384 on: March 09, 2021, 10:33:14 PM »

Six women?

"A lot of people think"... who exactly thinks that?
What's their evidence? That's also a phrase Trump used for his talking points, trying to give them more credibility.
I know it's a bronz post, but parts of the "blue MAGA crowd" in the Politico and NYT comment sections legitimately believe that:

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #385 on: March 09, 2021, 10:36:01 PM »

Six women?

What's their evidence? That's also a phrase Trump used for his talking points, trying to give them more credibility.
I know it's a bronz post, but parts of the "blue MAGA crowd" in the Politico and NYT comment sections legitimately believe that:

Told you.....
Astatine

Political Matrix

« Reply #386 on: March 09, 2021, 10:40:58 PM »

Six women?

Told you.....
Agreeing with the blue MAGA crowd which actually believes Manchin should be expelled from the Democratic caucus and become a Republican doesn't really increase the validity/credibility of your statement...
Flyersfan232

« Reply #387 on: March 10, 2021, 11:49:59 AM »

I think he proud of what he did and he stills do it
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #388 on: March 10, 2021, 03:04:14 PM »

I think he proud of what he did and he stills do it

Very likely yes. What I just don't get how one can be so stupid and actually think he can get away with it post #MeToo. The guy really thinks he's god or something. That's also why he lacks the courage to resign and takes all for himself for vaccination and not even mentions Joe Biden much.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #389 on: March 10, 2021, 03:44:58 PM »

Six women?

Yes. Six women. Six women who are putting their own reputations on the line and stand nothing to gain from lying, which rarely happens in the first place.

Remember that the main reason why the Tara Reade allegations against Biden didn't stick was the lack of corroborating testimony/evidence, and the fact that many former Biden staffers attested to him conducting himself professionally.

We're not seeing these things with Cuomo at all, and the fact that we're at six accusers and counting pretty clearly shows he needs to go unless he can magically pull something from the air that would vindicate him from all of this. If he manages to survive the heat his own party's leadership is putting on him and runs again next year (which would just be absurdly arrogant and tone deaf on his part at this point), he will be challenged in the primary once again and this time it will in all likelihood succeed.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #390 on: March 10, 2021, 04:55:51 PM »

Six women?

Told you.....
Agreeing with the blue MAGA crowd which actually believes Manchin should be expelled from the Democratic caucus and become a Republican doesn't really increase the validity/credibility of your statement...

I don't think there's really a lot of overlap between Cuomo stans and people who think Manchin should be kicked out of the caucus. I would assume super pro-Cuomo people would be moderates.
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #391 on: March 10, 2021, 05:18:11 PM »

Six women?

Told you.....

I don't think there's really a lot of overlap between Cuomo stans and people who think Manchin should be kicked out of the caucus. I would assume super pro-Cuomo people would be moderates.

I’m not sure how true that is. Upstate is fairly moderate and everyone seems to ing hate him up here.
Astatine

Political Matrix

« Reply #392 on: March 10, 2021, 06:03:55 PM »

Six women?

Told you.....

Fully anecdotal, but in the Facebook comment sections of Politico and NYT, there is such an overlap. I'd describe them as mostly partisan and establishment Democrats, who love Cuomo for whatever reason and hate Manchin because he isn't in line with the caucus 100 % of the times and are generally not the brightest bulbs in the box (so... Manchin should switch to the GOP so the Repubs are in control again??). They also appear to love Neera Tanden and whenever a Democrat criticized, their only argument is "But what about Trump?Huh". They're not as obsessive as most Trumpists about their loyalty to the party, but have some cultist tendencies, hence "Blue MAGA crowd".

(As said, this observation is just based on lurking too much in comment sections.)
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #393 on: March 10, 2021, 06:47:52 PM »

Six women?

Told you.....

Fully anecdotal, but in the Facebook comment sections of Politico and NYT, there is such an overlap. I'd describe them as mostly partisan and establishment Democrats, who love Cuomo for whatever reason and hate Manchin because he isn't in line with the caucus 100 % of the times and are generally not the brightest bulbs in the box (so... Manchin should switch to the GOP so the Repubs are in control again??). They also appear to love Neera Tanden and whenever a Democrat criticized, their only argument is "But what about Trump?Huh". They're not as obsessive as most Trumpists about their loyalty to the party, but have some cultist tendencies, hence "Blue MAGA crowd".

(As said, this observation is just based on lurking too much in comment sections.)

Lots of these types of people on Twitter, especially around the page of BrooklynDad_Defiant, someone who was revealed today to be a paid DNC stooge and who likely is the origin of the "a lot of people think this is a setup" conspiracy theory. Obvi neoliberals are as prone to conservatives to conspiracy theories. They both are committed to belief systems that challenge the scientific method and empiricism lol, the only difference is one of their primitive belief systems has been marginalized while the other is still cherished by the national propaganda machine and elite. *yawn*
TrumpBritt24
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #394 on: March 10, 2021, 07:21:35 PM »

Another day, another allegation.

TrumpBritt24
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #395 on: March 10, 2021, 07:43:35 PM »

DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #396 on: March 10, 2021, 07:46:45 PM »

Democrats need to impeach him. If he resigns on his own, then fine, but impeachment is the right response. Just asking one of your own to step out of the way is not real accountability. Whether he walks out himself or gets impeached, I'll be glad to see him go, but I hope Democrats do the right thing here.
Duke of York

« Reply #397 on: March 10, 2021, 09:06:22 PM »

JoeInator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -4.00

« Reply #398 on: March 10, 2021, 09:12:18 PM »

So it takes 7 strikes (at least) to strike out when you're in a position of power. I was never told that lesson as a kid.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #399 on: March 11, 2021, 03:23:50 PM »

New York should not just get rid of Cuomo because of his terrible conduct on multiple fronts, but also because the alternative is so much better. Just replace the scumbag with this queen to get things on track:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies