NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:57:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 80
Author Topic: NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates  (Read 112039 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1525 on: July 05, 2022, 11:37:40 AM »

Hochul should easily surpass Cuomo's pathetic performance Upstate in 2018. He only won 6 counties, and Tompkins was the only one where he exceeded 53%.

She prolly dramatically underperforms Cuomos performance on Long and Staten Island margins cancelling at least part of her improvements upstate out.

what makes you think that?

I mean he outright won Richmond and Suffolk counties and did very well in Nassau. I think being Italian helped him. I doubt Hochul wins either Richmond or Suffolk

Aren't these suburban countries with upper middle class whites that tend to the political center? How would a right-wing candidate like Zeldin appeal to them? I feel like Hochul is a good fit for that.

It’s not an ideology thing, it’s a regionalism upstate vs downstate thing. Cuomo was the downstate candidate, Molinaro was the upstate candidate. The results reflected that. This time it’s reversed. Hochul is also far western, from Buffalo/Niagara. I wouldn’t be surprised if she wins Niagara while losing Nassau.
Remember that Paladino won in Erie County in 2010 while losing massively statewide.
Duke of York

« Reply #1526 on: July 05, 2022, 11:58:40 AM »

Hochul should easily surpass Cuomo's pathetic performance Upstate in 2018. He only won 6 counties, and Tompkins was the only one where he exceeded 53%.

She prolly dramatically underperforms Cuomos performance on Long and Staten Island margins cancelling at least part of her improvements upstate out.

I mean he outright won Richmond and Suffolk counties and did very well in Nassau. I think being Italian helped him. I doubt Hochul wins either Richmond or Suffolk

Aren't these suburban countries with upper middle class whites that tend to the political center? How would a right-wing candidate like Zeldin appeal to them? I feel like Hochul is a good fit for that.

It’s not an ideology thing, it’s a regionalism upstate vs downstate thing. Cuomo was the downstate candidate, Molinaro was the upstate candidate. The results reflected that. This time it’s reversed. Hochul is also far western, from Buffalo/Niagara. I wouldn’t be surprised if she wins Niagara while losing Nassau.

Hence why I think she will flip multiple upstate counties. Delgado is from upstate too. The first time that's happened since 1910.

I don't see her losing Nassau. Suffolk probably.
kwabbit

« Reply #1527 on: July 05, 2022, 12:00:47 PM »

Remember that Paladino won in Erie County in 2010 while losing massively statewide.

And Golisano won Monroe County as an independent. Which I find even more interesting. Local figures really do have big crossover support in Upstate NY.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1528 on: July 05, 2022, 02:04:10 PM »

I think I even read that this was a reason Cuomo picked Hochul in 2014. Erie subsequently flipped blue, but Cuomo lost a ton of Upstate counties.
kwabbit

« Reply #1529 on: July 05, 2022, 02:13:54 PM »

Hence why I think she will flip multiple upstate counties. Delgado is from upstate too. The first time that's happened since 1910.

I don't see her losing Nassau. Suffolk probably.

Nassau was only Clinton +6/Biden +10. With a Long Island based candidate in a good Republican environment, it seems like a tossup to me. The GOP had a great election in 2021 in Nassau as well. Suffolk definitely flips. It’s Zeldin’s home territory and Trump won it twice already. We don’t really know how the regionalism will play out when the Dem is from Upstate and the Republican is from Downstate. It might be hard for Zeldin to paint Hochul as only for upstaters like it was easy for Molinaro to say the same about Cuomo only being for downstaters.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #1530 on: July 16, 2022, 08:40:29 AM »

911? I'd like to report a murder. lol
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1531 on: July 16, 2022, 02:33:32 PM »

Textbook sexism here. That "somebody's wife" is gonna trounce you big time in November, you clown.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1532 on: July 17, 2022, 09:25:56 AM »

lol!
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #1533 on: July 17, 2022, 09:58:28 AM »

Textbook sexism here. That "somebody's wife" is gonna trounce you big time in November, you clown.
Zeldin himself didn’t say it
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1534 on: July 17, 2022, 10:41:02 AM »

The only thing killed was taxpayers hard-earned money when Kathy spent over $600 million on a sports stadium.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1535 on: July 17, 2022, 04:19:53 PM »

After Q2 fundraising, Hochul has $11.7M cash on hand. Zeldin.... $1.6M.

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm-elections-new-york-city-campaigns-lee-zeldin-d8ca729f69463f8fa618ff8672636819?utm_campaign=TrueAnthem&utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter
goin bezerk
Rookie
United States
« Reply #1536 on: July 21, 2022, 09:05:57 PM »

Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1537 on: July 21, 2022, 09:53:19 PM »

The attacker was probably a right winger who doesn't like that Zeldin voted to protect the right of gay marriage.
What the hell is wrong with you?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1538 on: July 21, 2022, 10:18:28 PM »

The attacker was probably a right winger who doesn't like that Zeldin voted to protect the right of gay marriage.

I doubt it. It was probably a lunatic of unclear political determination.

Also. I'm surprised by that particular vote from Zeldin. It's he's trying to get the Conservative Party to strip him of their ballot line.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1539 on: July 21, 2022, 10:26:47 PM »

What the hell is wrong with you?

Considering the recent violent events linked to the alt-reich, I don't blame him.

In any case, obviously all political violence should be condemned. Against anyone.

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1540 on: July 22, 2022, 07:19:14 PM »

Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1541 on: July 23, 2022, 10:40:35 AM »

This is a bit deceptive - it's a sharp-tipped plastic weapon designed to avoid detection by metal detectors, and is essentially a plastic brass knuckle. The attacker, who seems to be unstable, was 100% trying to hurt Zeldin even if it's unlikely to have been a fatal attack.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1542 on: July 23, 2022, 06:56:19 PM »

Normally he would be charged with a Class C violent felony. but Why would the Monroe County DA undercharge him and let him out?
I don’t know. But coincidentally she is a co-chair of Zeldin’s campaign.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1543 on: July 27, 2022, 08:28:36 AM »

Ah, so the fake outrage from Zeldin and co. was just that - very clearly fake. Unsurprising

GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #1544 on: July 27, 2022, 12:13:14 PM »

Pretty shameful stunt. Can't wait for him to lose!
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1545 on: July 27, 2022, 02:32:49 PM »

Nice to see I was ahead of the curve for once.  Cheesy
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1546 on: July 27, 2022, 02:36:32 PM »

If Hochul wins, NY will continue to be run into the ground
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1547 on: July 27, 2022, 02:40:45 PM »

I think she's been very good so far and is easily the best of the previous four Democratic governors since 2007 (although that's not a particularly high bar).

It's almost certainly not an "if", but a "when". She's going to cakewalk this.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1548 on: July 27, 2022, 07:48:03 PM »

I think she's been very good so far and is easily the best of the previous four Democratic governors since 2007 (although that's not a particularly high bar).

Regardless of the stunt, NY Dems (Hochul included) have been incredibly soft on the rising crime
Duke of York

« Reply #1549 on: July 27, 2022, 08:39:52 PM »

Exactly. I think the questions is not if she wins but by how much. What i like about her the most is she is rarely in the news unlike her predecessor.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies