NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:21:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 80
Author Topic: NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates  (Read 112028 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1475 on: June 28, 2022, 02:14:26 PM »

I wonder by how much Hochul wins and whether she'll lose some counties? I guess she'll sweep Upstate and may lose Suffolk narrowly to Suozzi, perhaps the Bronx to Williams. Otherwise, she should get an absolute majority quite easily.
Duke of York

« Reply #1476 on: June 28, 2022, 02:15:27 PM »

I wonder by how much Hochul wins and whether she'll lose some counties? I guess she'll sweep Upstate and may lose Suffolk narrowly to Suozzi, perhaps the Bronx to Williams. Otherwise, she should get an absolute majority quite easily.

I think she will. The question is does Delgado win?
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1477 on: June 28, 2022, 05:13:48 PM »

Just voted. Very low attendance at my local polling place.
The only lawn signs around are for Astorino, or the assembly race.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1478 on: June 28, 2022, 05:45:37 PM »

If Hochul wins Tompkins she will really have proven her electoral dominance. Even in primary landslides that votes for whatever Democrat is more radical than the incumbent. Brooklyn and the Bronx are the next on the list and might even be likely given that she should sweep thumping majorities in upstate and White NYC, so William's vote have to be coming from somewhere.

The Delgado victory map probably will be more peculiar. His base is in areas that voted for previous progressive primary challengers, and he should have decent floors in all parts of NYC. So maybe a lot of narrowly won counties.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1479 on: June 28, 2022, 08:24:01 PM »

It's incomplete, but it's landslides for Hochul and Delgado.

Republican primary looks very interesting, Andrew Giuliani benefitting from his Dad's name with old NYC Republicans?
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1480 on: June 28, 2022, 08:25:47 PM »

Yeah the GOP side is very multifaceted, though without much E-Day or Long Island, I'm not sure much can be discerned.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1481 on: June 28, 2022, 08:27:22 PM »

NYT calls it for Hochul, NBC for Hochul and Delgado.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1482 on: June 28, 2022, 08:29:42 PM »

Hell yeah Smiley
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #1483 on: June 28, 2022, 08:37:57 PM »

ATM the only borough Giuliani is losing is Manhattan. lol
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1484 on: June 28, 2022, 08:44:55 PM »

Looks like Zeldin should be fine, he's running up insane margins in Long Island and there's very little in.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #1485 on: June 28, 2022, 08:50:34 PM »

Looks like it's completely uneventful in everything statewide. Maybe a little closer than expected between Zeldin and the field. A few interesting Assembly primaries, though.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1486 on: June 28, 2022, 08:52:29 PM »

Antonio Delgado and Ana Maria Archila trading high profile endorsements in the battleground Lieutenant Gubernatorial primary.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/22/aoc-endorses-lieutenant-governor-candidate-ana-maria-archila/

Delgado picked up the endorsement of the Uniformed Firefighters Association of New York, becoming the latest labor group to endorse him.

Archila, the favorite of progressives, was endorsed by Mijente, and more importantly, Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

I think the Lieutenant Governor's primary, at least on the Democratic side, is currently Lean Archila. She's got great energy behind her, is running a campaign clearly independent of her running mate, and the presence of Diana Reyna might just drain enough votes from Delgado to tip the primary to Archila. I would like to see someone, even one of the candidates, conduct a poll of the primary before the primary on the 28th, though.

Rip
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1487 on: June 28, 2022, 08:53:56 PM »

Antonio Delgado and Ana Maria Archila trading high profile endorsements in the battleground Lieutenant Gubernatorial primary.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/22/aoc-endorses-lieutenant-governor-candidate-ana-maria-archila/

Delgado picked up the endorsement of the Uniformed Firefighters Association of New York, becoming the latest labor group to endorse him.

Archila, the favorite of progressives, was endorsed by Mijente, and more importantly, Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

I think the Lieutenant Governor's primary, at least on the Democratic side, is currently Lean Archila. She's got great energy behind her, is running a campaign clearly independent of her running mate, and the presence of Diana Reyna might just drain enough votes from Delgado to tip the primary to Archila. I would like to see someone, even one of the candidates, conduct a poll of the primary before the primary on the 28th, though.

Rip

I freely admit to being wrong. It isn't the first time, and it won't be the last time.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1488 on: June 28, 2022, 08:55:31 PM »

Rip

I freely admit to being wrong. It isn't the first time, and it won't be the last time.

Yeah no it's aight I've been wrong plenty of times too. Commend you for the bold take though, especially since Archilla did put up a decent fight in NYC.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #1489 on: June 28, 2022, 09:13:20 PM »

I would have voted for Archilla instead of Delgado but she promised to be a pain in Hochuls butt.
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #1490 on: June 28, 2022, 09:26:05 PM »

Assuming the obvious happens and Hochul and Delgado win in the fall, they'll be the first ticket of 2 Upstaters to win since 1910.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1491 on: June 28, 2022, 09:37:08 PM »

And Hochul is winning Tompkins, certifying a full and dominant sweep.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1492 on: June 28, 2022, 10:22:41 PM »

I don't know why Jumaane thought that he had a chance.

Hochul/Delgado should win fairly easily in November.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1493 on: June 28, 2022, 10:37:13 PM »

Zeldin might get to 44-45% just based on the political climate, but he's got no shot at actually winning in November.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #1494 on: June 28, 2022, 11:50:24 PM »

Assuming the obvious happens and Hochul and Delgado win in the fall, they'll be the first ticket of 2 Upstaters to win since 1910.

That was an even crazier ticket, with both candidates being from the North Country (Glen Falls and Plattsburgh).
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1495 on: June 29, 2022, 07:21:12 AM »

I'm sorry, what kind of nonsense headline is this? This is not a "Competitive" race in the fall???

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1496 on: June 29, 2022, 07:21:46 AM »

what do people think will happen in the Lieutenant Governor primary? I think Delgado wins but slightly underperforms  Hochul.

Either Archila or Delgado wins by a margin that's in recount territory.
It’s not going to be anywhere near that close. I had no idea who Archila was before a few days ago.

I also think it's underestimated the power of an endorsement by the gubernatorial candidate. Hochul has endorsed Delgado, and he's her running mate, so that's an automatic for most people.

Sort of similar is in PA. No one really knew statewide who Austin Davis was, but they knew Shapiro endorsed him and was his preferred running mate. He then went onto get 63% of the vote basically purely bc of that.

ha and what do you know, the LG race in NY results practically mirror the PA LG dem results
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1497 on: June 29, 2022, 09:14:27 AM »

I'm sorry, what kind of nonsense headline is this? This is not a "Competitive" race in the fall???

Yup, this is garbage. Even in 2014, the GOP candidate barely managed to get past 40% of the vote. Not much difference to be expected this time around. As I said, Zeldin doesn't even strike me as strong candidate for a state like NY. The dude voted to overturn the 2020 election and just promotes the usual right-wing talking points. Safe D/Hochul.
Duke of York

« Reply #1498 on: June 29, 2022, 09:32:25 AM »

Yup, this is garbage. Even in 2014, the GOP candidate barely managed to get past 40% of the vote. Not much difference to be expected this time around. As I said, Zeldin doesn't even strike me as strong candidate for a state like NY. The dude voted to overturn the 2020 election and just promotes the usual right-wing talking points. Safe D/Hochul.

agreed. I think Hochul gets at least 60 percent given her likely strength upstate.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1499 on: June 29, 2022, 01:59:29 PM »

This was an amazing performance by Kathy Hochul, swept all counties and did very well in Upstate and on Long Island as well. I always insisted that people underestimated her political skills, this victory was hard work and fully earned. She has done pretty well in working with the legislature to get things done and has managed to score up important endorsements by reaching out to various groups.

I don't see the general election remotely competitive or Zeldin as a particularly strong candidate for New York. Just don't see it, he's a generic Republican hack with a strongly pro-Trump voting record and no real accomplishments. Although primaries are not really predictive for general matchups, Hochul should bring this home quite handily.

If she does end up with a strong victory and continues to get stuff done in Albany, I see no reason why she shouldn't be put in national spotlight. She might be one of the strongest Democratic women available then, and certainly stronger than Kamala. Her workingclass background from Buffalo might also be an asset here, and - though that's my personal opinion - comes off as a very likeable person.

Lastly, I was surprised by Delgado's strong performance. I thought he'd only win narrowly. People should keep an eye on him as well. He could go for governor or senator at a point when one seat is open.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies