NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:05:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 80
Author Topic: NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates  (Read 110817 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1425 on: May 04, 2022, 09:01:29 AM »

Delgado doesn’t significantly change the race, but interesting to me that neither Democratic candidate will have any real NYC base. Kind of thought Hochul would go for balance.

She probably ran out of serious options that check all boxes (NYC, male, minority and not too old). Benjamin had a NYC base, which was probably the main reason he even got picked other than being AA.

She also could have gone with Andrea Stewart Cousins, though being senate leader is actually more powerful than lt. gov. Latter can be thankless job.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1426 on: May 07, 2022, 03:39:13 AM »

Delgado doesn’t significantly change the race, but interesting to me that neither Democratic candidate will have any real NYC base. Kind of thought Hochul would go for balance.

She probably ran out of serious options that check all boxes (NYC, male, minority and not too old). Benjamin had a NYC base, which was probably the main reason he even got picked other than being AA.

She also could have gone with Andrea Stewart Cousins, though being senate leader is actually more powerful than lt. gov. Latter can be thankless job.

I always thought Ron Kim would have been a pretty good choice. From New York City, Asian-American and in his early 40s, would have balanced the ticket perfectly. Also brings eight years experience in the legislature to the table and a known Cuomo-critic. As the four statewide elected officials, Hochul-Kim-James-DiNapoli would have been a fairly balanced and very solid bunch.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1427 on: May 07, 2022, 09:52:56 AM »

Meh there probably were plenty of candidates but you also need to find a non corrupt one.
Duke of York

« Reply #1428 on: June 01, 2022, 08:39:00 PM »

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/politics/no-paperwork-filed-by-cuomo-as-ballot-deadline-to-run-for-ny-governor-in-2022-passes/3711895/

No Paperwork Filed by Cuomo As Ballot Deadline to Run for NY Governor in 2022 Passes
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1429 on: June 01, 2022, 09:19:19 PM »

It sounds to me like he's either aiming for the Presidential race or the Senate race in 2024.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #1430 on: June 01, 2022, 09:37:16 PM »

It sounds to me like he's either aiming for the Presidential race or the Senate race in 2024.

There's no way he's delusional enough to think he could go for Prez.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1431 on: June 01, 2022, 09:44:04 PM »

He'll also have nothing else to do in 2024, and Biden is not going to get any more popular than he is now. Why shouldn't Cuomo engage his delusions of grandeur?
Duke of York

« Reply #1432 on: June 01, 2022, 11:21:10 PM »

He'll also have nothing else to do in 2024, and Biden is not going to get any more popular than he is now. Why shouldn't Cuomo engage his delusions of grandeur?

President Romney says hi
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1433 on: June 04, 2022, 12:22:06 AM »

Just got my first ad for Hochul. Basically is betting on liberal turnout in NYC, which tbf is all she needs given NYC.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1434 on: June 04, 2022, 02:57:33 AM »

Just got my first ad for Hochul. Basically is betting on liberal turnout in NYC, which tbf is all she needs given NYC.

For the primary? I guess she's definitely sweeping Upstate, as she did in the 2018 lt. governor primary. I could see her losing the Bronx to Williams here, though he won't do nearly as well as four years ago statewide. Still expacting him to place before Suozzi.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1435 on: June 04, 2022, 05:14:47 PM »

For the primary? I guess she's definitely sweeping Upstate, as she did in the 2018 lt. governor primary. I could see her losing the Bronx to Williams here, though he won't do nearly as well as four years ago statewide. Still expacting him to place before Suozzi.

No it was for the GE going after Rs.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1436 on: June 04, 2022, 06:31:32 PM »

Got a GE ad for Zeldin dissing Kathy with usual right win talking points.

Seems to think showing a bunch of stock photos of minorities will win him NYC smh.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1437 on: June 08, 2022, 01:50:46 PM »

Last night was the first Gubernatorial debate.

According to the New York Times, Hochul came away the winner. Neither Suozzi nor Williams did particularly well, but it doesn't look like Suozzi did any real harm to his candidacy. It looks Williams might have actually done himself some damage though.

That said, unless Hochul bombs in the next debate, or there is a major scandal, she should easily win the primary.
Duke of York

« Reply #1438 on: June 08, 2022, 01:57:10 PM »

According to the New York Times, Hochul came away the winner. Neither Suozzi nor Williams did particularly well, but it doesn't look like Suozzi did any real harm to his candidacy. It looks Williams might have actually done himself some damage though.

That said, unless Hochul bombs in the next debate, or there is a major scandal, she should easily win the primary.

I agree with this assessment. Williams didn't come off a a serious candidate to me and Suozzi only attacked especially with his stupid NRA comment. Her response to to it was great.

I expect her to easily win the primary.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1439 on: June 08, 2022, 02:01:00 PM »

I agree with this assessment. Williams didn't come off a a serious candidate to me and Suozzi only attacked especially with his stupid NRA comment. Her response to to it was great.

I expect her to easily win the primary.

I don't know. Pointing out that Hochul has gotten A's from the NRA in the past could have been the difference between victory and defeat for Suozzi in a closer race, especially after the Buffalo mass shooting.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1440 on: June 08, 2022, 02:56:38 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2022, 03:32:34 PM by President Johnson »

Yeah, unless something big happens between now and June 28 (very doubtful), she should run away with it. Fully earned, I might add.

Here's the video of the debate:

W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #1441 on: June 09, 2022, 01:02:36 AM »

Looks all but a lock for Hochul. I think there's slight potential of an upset in the LG race, given Archila seems to have a lot more endorsements and is running a campaign independent of Williams.

I'm in Delgado's former district. Getting a lot of Hochul and Delgado ads, yet to see any others.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1442 on: June 09, 2022, 05:11:44 PM »

Hochul goes "Dark MAGA" at Penn Station?

Thank god Penn Station is an absolute mess for how big of a station it is. However, can they please just make a normal station that is nice but not all WTC kinda fancy (and expensive). A high end shopping mall doesn't also function well as a transit hub.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1443 on: June 11, 2022, 08:42:22 PM »

This week I got my absentee primary ballot and filled it out for Williams/Archila. Although I don’t know what impact my vote will have on the final result, I chose this pair because they were endorsed by at least one major national progressive organization.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1444 on: June 13, 2022, 02:20:22 PM »

Not that surprising, though the New York Times editorial board endorsed Williams in the 2018 lt. governor primary (but Cuomo for governor and James for AG).

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1445 on: June 15, 2022, 04:37:44 AM »

Eric Adams to endorse Hochul.

Mayor Eric Adams is preparing to endorse Gov. Kathy Hochul on Wednesday, three days before early voting begins in the Democratic primary, according to three people familiar with the matter.

The backing will give Hochul a boost as she competes against progressive activist Jumaane Williams, New York City’s public advocate, and Rep. Tom Suozzi, a moderate Democratic Congress member from Long Island.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1446 on: June 16, 2022, 01:33:17 PM »

Not directly campaign-related, but this picture is so cute

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1447 on: June 16, 2022, 07:00:39 PM »

Gotta say Hochuls campaign ads have been pretty decent and relatively in touch whereas Zeldins come across as right wing talking points in a nicer package
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1448 on: June 16, 2022, 11:44:10 PM »

First off, earlier this week was the first Republican primary debate.

The big highlight here was Lee Zeldin and Harry Wilson going to war over whether either or both of them were NeverTrumpers.

Andrew Guiliani may have actually come off the best in this debate, sounding like an adult compared to the feuding Zeldin and Wilson.

Last Night was the second and final Democratic Primary debate.

Suozzi and Williams did a fair bit of damage to Hochul tonight with numerous attacks, but I think Suozzi torpedoed his own candidacy by stating he would accept the endorsement of former Governor Cuomo.

All in all, I think Hochul locked up the primary tonight, but Williams rebounded nicely and should finish a distant second with maybe around 20% of the vote.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1449 on: June 19, 2022, 10:03:08 AM »

Looks all but a lock for Hochul. I think there's slight potential of an upset in the LG race, given Archila seems to have a lot more endorsements and is running a campaign independent of Williams.

I'm in Delgado's former district. Getting a lot of Hochul and Delgado ads, yet to see any others.

Have you heard of Hudson, NY?  Sunglasses
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies