NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:38:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 80
Author Topic: NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates  (Read 112269 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1200 on: December 29, 2021, 07:53:49 PM »

Ex-NYC mayoral candidate Curtis Sliwa endorses Andrew Giuliani for governor, attacks presumptive nominee Lee Zeldin

https://nypost.com/2021/12/26/curtis-sliwa-backs-andrew-giuliani-for-new-york-governor/
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1201 on: December 31, 2021, 04:59:22 PM »

Zeldin will not win, but he will probably get 40% of the vote.

He should pick a minority for his running mate.

He should pick Fernando Mateo as his running mate. But Mateo is from Downstate, like Zeldin

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1202 on: January 03, 2022, 02:28:35 PM »

He should pick Fernando Mateo as his running mate. But Mateo is from Downstate, like Zeldin

Do you actually think the running mate means that much in a gubernatorial election? It's up for debate at the presidential level, but most lieutenant governors remain pretty low profile and may only get a few additional votes from their homebase.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #1203 on: January 04, 2022, 12:59:32 AM »

Do you actually think the running mate means that much in a gubernatorial election? It's up for debate at the presidential level, but most lieutenant governors remain pretty low profile and may only get a few additional votes from their homebase.

In some states it’s an elected position, some it’s a ticket with the gubernatorial nominee, others they run together on a ticket in the general but not the primary. Some don’t have the position at all. So it really depends on the state
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1204 on: January 04, 2022, 04:36:22 PM »

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2022/01/03/sabrina-lamar-first-black-woman-lead-monroe-county-ny-legislature/9077091002/
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1205 on: January 05, 2022, 02:13:02 PM »

Suozzi apparently thinks Hochul losing is guaranteed:

Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #1206 on: January 05, 2022, 02:15:29 PM »

I'm not some huge Hochul stan or anything but this guy is such a prick
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1207 on: January 05, 2022, 02:37:29 PM »

Lmao, support for this guy so great that he hasn't even an endorsement list on Wikipedia.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1208 on: January 05, 2022, 02:53:56 PM »

Suozzi's moderate politics plays well in some parts of the state, but he won't win.

He should run for Nassau County Executive in 2025.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1209 on: January 05, 2022, 03:04:32 PM »

Suozzi's moderate politics plays well in some parts of the state, but he won't win.

Do you think he will finish ahead of Jumaane? I don't think so, if he even makes it to the primary.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1210 on: January 05, 2022, 03:20:21 PM »

Hopefully, he loses. I don't particularly like Hochul either, with her coronavirus policies being the most objectionable to me, but she's better than the alternatives at this stage. Williams is too far to the left for the state, and Zeldin (the likely Republican nominee) is a staunch Trumpist who voted to decertify the election results.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1211 on: January 05, 2022, 03:45:33 PM »

Do you think he will finish ahead of Jumaane? I don't think so, if he even makes it to the primary.

Yes, because he siphons moderate voters on Long Island, etc. de Blasio probably is last place.

However, with the district attorneys dropping charges on Andrew Cuomo and with him having money still in his account, Cuomo may want to put his name on the ballot by now and April
Duke of York

« Reply #1212 on: January 05, 2022, 06:43:55 PM »

Yes, because he siphons moderate voters on Long Island, etc. de Blasio probably is last place.

However, with the district attorneys dropping charges on Andrew Cuomo and with him having money still in his account, Cuomo may want to put his name on the ballot by now and April
I don't see Cuomo running again.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1213 on: January 05, 2022, 07:01:09 PM »

Hopefully, he loses. I don't particularly like Hochul either, with her coronavirus policies being the most objectionable to me, but she's better than the alternatives at this stage. Williams is too far to the left for the state, and Zeldin (the likely Republican nominee) is a staunch Trumpist who voted to decertify the election results.

Talk about too far left - Williams literally supports locking down our schools.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1214 on: January 05, 2022, 07:05:04 PM »

Talk about too far left - Williams literally supports locking down our schools.

That's true. I think his overall policy record is one that would be poisonous to the average swing voter, and he's not the most ethical politician either. But New York is a state that hasn't been particularly blessed with its Governors over the past few decades. The only decent Governor the state has had this century is George Pataki.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1215 on: January 06, 2022, 12:22:51 PM »

Tbh, I doubt Suozzi will actually stand in the primary. He'll drop out before as his campaign fails to gain traction. Hochul is already occupying the moderate lane, even if she has become more liberal as gov than she was decade ago in the House. It's a Hochul-Williams race. Should De Blasio be delusional enough to enter the race, he'll just take a few votes from Williams.

As for the GOP, I don't see how Zeldin isn't winning the nomination.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1216 on: January 08, 2022, 05:04:40 AM »
« Edited: January 08, 2022, 05:16:51 AM by President Johnson »

Hochul just gave her first State of State Address, proposing a "whole new era" and host of political priorities, among them 10 billion dollar in healthcare investments, moderate middle class tax cuts, 100 million for small business recovery, green energy investments and public housing initiatives. Concerns over her governing as a Blue Dog have not become true.

If she can get most of that done, it would be a strong legacy.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1217 on: January 09, 2022, 06:45:06 AM »

Hochul just gave her first State of State Address, proposing a "whole new era" and host of political priorities, among them 10 billion dollar in healthcare investments, moderate middle class tax cuts, 100 million for small business recovery, green energy investments and public housing initiatives. Concerns over her governing as a Blue Dog have not become true.

Honestly, the tax cuts for anyone on the tax bracket, make her a Blue Dog, if not further to the right than that.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1218 on: January 09, 2022, 02:36:35 PM »

Honestly, the tax cuts for anyone on the tax bracket, make her a Blue Dog, if not further to the right than that.

Isn't New York one of the highest taxed states? Passing a moderate tax relief for middle class folks and businesses to spend and reinvest seems to make sense unless it overburdens the state's treasury. I doubt a Democratic legislature with a decent number of progressives would even pass a Republican/Republican-light tax break bill.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1219 on: January 09, 2022, 07:18:24 PM »

Harry Wilson, a perennial NYGOP favorite and the 2010 Comptroller nominee, is considering running for New York governor....he will make a decision very soon.....

He would make the race more competitive than Zeldin, Astorino and Giuliani would.....

https://nypost.com/2022/01/09/millionaire-goper-harry-wilson-considering-run-for-ny-gov/
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1220 on: January 10, 2022, 01:13:19 AM »

Harry Wilson, a perennial NYGOP favorite and the 2010 Comptroller nominee, is considering running for New York governor....he will make a decision very soon.....

He would make the race more competitive than Zeldin, Astorino and Giuliani would.....

https://nypost.com/2022/01/09/millionaire-goper-harry-wilson-considering-run-for-ny-gov/

Interesting, but I don't think he'd beat Zeldin in the primary.

He probably should run against Schumer instead. I mean, sure, he'd get flattened, but at least he'd probably win the primary, and he'd probably get an endorsement from Trump.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #1221 on: January 11, 2022, 06:42:20 PM »

It would be good to see him again for one last ride.

He's probably not winning the primary. But I doubt he evens runs. Just like Pataki floated a run in New York last year.
I wish Pataki ran, so he would have a solid chance of winning a general election
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1222 on: January 11, 2022, 07:07:56 PM »

Pataki won't run again, he is too old.

His political career is over
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1223 on: January 11, 2022, 07:39:35 PM »

NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1224 on: January 14, 2022, 11:50:34 PM »

Ouch.

As to Wilson, he's always been one of those names floated around by state Republicans. It's getting to be a little late, but I think this might be the time he finally does it, and no doubt with the money and resources he has he'd win the primary/county GOPs would unendorse Zeldin.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies