NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:58:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 80
Author Topic: NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates  (Read 112738 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: October 07, 2021, 07:58:29 PM »

de Blasio will not be governor, period.

Does Zeldin lose his home county Suffolk to Hochul next year, does he drag the entire NYS GOP ticket?

NYS GOP Ticket:
Governor/Lt. Governor: Lee Zeldin/Rob Astorino
Attorney General: Dennis Vacco
Controller: Harry Wilson
U.S. Senate: Antoine Tucker 
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1051 on: October 08, 2021, 10:40:45 AM »

The first Hochul ad is out. It's pretty good I think, emphasizing on her strong Covid actions, cultural change in Albany and other issues important to Democrats. She is so awesome Purple heart

Duke of York

« Reply #1052 on: October 08, 2021, 10:47:21 AM »

The first Hochul ad is out. It's pretty good I think, emphasizing on her strong Covid actions, cultural change in Albany and other issues important to Democrats. She is so awesome Purple heart

An awesome ad and amazing governor thus far. I don't see James defying the party leaders and running a primary against her.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #1053 on: October 08, 2021, 12:22:35 PM »

Larry Sharpe announces "probable" campaign with the Libertarian Party.

Mods / OP, can we get a title change? This is not an important development in the race at all.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1054 on: October 08, 2021, 06:27:49 PM »

Mods / OP, can we get a title change? This is not an important development in the race at all.

What else has been going on?
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1055 on: October 08, 2021, 07:41:55 PM »

What else has been going on?

De Blasio feeling out a run is the obvious one.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1056 on: October 11, 2021, 02:18:05 PM »

Some news about Tom Suozzi, but I certainly a waste of time should he actually get in.

NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1057 on: October 12, 2021, 07:39:35 AM »

Some news about Tom Suozzi, but I certainly a waste of time should he actually get in.

Based. I really want Brown to win.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #1058 on: October 12, 2021, 10:29:59 AM »

What reason does Suozzi have to challenge Hochul? Williams and de Blasio are to her left, but Suozzi and Hochul are from basically the same wing of the party. It's just blatant opportunism from an unimpressive politician whose ego is way bigger than it has any right to be. I can't imagine the level delusion required to give up a safe congressional seat to make a suicide run against an incumbent governor.
Duke of York

« Reply #1059 on: October 12, 2021, 01:31:20 PM »

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/politics/ny-voters-warm-to-hochul-dont-want-cuomo-to-return-poll/3318534/

Hochul currently has a 49 percent approval rating with 20 percent unsure.

In a three-way primary with Attorney General Letitia James and NYC Public Advocate Jumaane Williams, Hochul would win easily, at 44% to 28% for James and 15% for Williams.

But in a four-way race with James, Williams and Cuomo, Hochul would still dominate, at 36%, versus 24% for James, 19% for Cuomo and 9% for Williams.

Cuomo's teams insists he has no intention of running again. 77 Percent of voters don't want him too.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1060 on: October 12, 2021, 01:59:50 PM »

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/politics/ny-voters-warm-to-hochul-dont-want-cuomo-to-return-poll/3318534/

Hochul currently has a 49 percent approval rating with 20 percent unsure.

In a three-way primary with Attorney General Letitia James and NYC Public Advocate Jumaane Williams, Hochul would win easily, at 44% to 28% for James and 15% for Williams.

But in a four-way race with James, Williams and Cuomo, Hochul would still dominate, at 36%, versus 24% for James, 19% for Cuomo and 9% for Williams.

Cuomo's teams insists he has no intention of running again. 77 Percent of voters don't want him too.

That's very encouraging for her. However, I hope she takes any challenge very serious and nothing for granted. That also sort of applies to the general. From what I'm observing so far, she's exactly doing that. Continue to build relationships to lawmakers and across the state, work to solve real problems and continue to be authentic. She's already built relationships with local leaders as lt. governor and that may pay off now.

Furthermore, Hochul will most likely get a bunch of high profile endorsements, including the two senators and the Clintons which carry a lot of weight. Possibly even Eric Adams.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1061 on: October 12, 2021, 06:05:07 PM »

For my gripes with Hochul, I can't wait until she gives this Republican crook the spanking he deserves.
JMT

« Reply #1062 on: October 14, 2021, 08:48:12 AM »

NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1063 on: October 14, 2021, 04:20:58 PM »

For my gripes with Hochul, I can't wait until she gives this Republican crook the spanking he deserves.

Funny coming from the girl who owes Buffalo $700+  in vehicle fines. She'll be back in the workforce in a few weeks, thankfully.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #1064 on: October 14, 2021, 06:22:53 PM »

Based. I really want Brown to win.

Lol no, loving the landlord's write-in candidate/sore loser of the year is not "based" this is:

Honestly either Suozzi is an inside job meant to make Hochul look more progressive or he is one of the dumbest men alive (likely tbh). Anyway, is there any hope a more ethical Democrat could take his seat? Or is the Kathleen Rice vibe the best we can hope for?
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #1065 on: October 15, 2021, 01:41:51 AM »

Funny coming from the girl who owes Buffalo $700+  in vehicle fines. She'll be back in the workforce in a few weeks, thankfully.

The Ray Goldfield rec on this idiotic comment is just *chef's kiss*.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1066 on: October 15, 2021, 05:37:24 AM »

EMILY's List endorses Hochul.

EMILY’s List, the progressive organization that supports pro-abortion rights women running for office, announced an early endorsement for New York Gov. Kathy Hochul (D) on Thursday as the first female chief of the Empire State looks to secure a full term next year.

Laphonza Butler, the president of EMILY’s List, pointed to Hochul’s leadership in the wake of former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s (D) resignation —specifically her focus on a culture of sexual harassment in Albany — in her statement endorsing the governor.

“Governor Hochul stepped up to lead New York in a moment rife with skepticism and mistrust for Albany. As governor, she has prioritized rebuilding trust between her administration and New Yorkers, and delivering results,” Butler said.

“Her leadership has been integral to effective management of the COVID-19 pandemic and a reexamination of the sexual harassment culture in the capital,” she added.

Butler said Hochul will “continue to put the people of New York first, as she has done during her decades of public service, and will lift up women, children, and underserved communities.”

Getting kind of hard to see how Letitia James runs now. One of her major sources of primary funding just got cut off.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1067 on: October 15, 2021, 06:42:40 AM »

EMILY’s List, the progressive organization that supports pro-abortion rights women running for office, announced an early endorsement for New York Gov. Kathy Hochul (D) on Thursday as the first female chief of the Empire State looks to secure a full term next year.

Laphonza Butler, the president of EMILY’s List, pointed to Hochul’s leadership in the wake of former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s (D) resignation —specifically her focus on a culture of sexual harassment in Albany — in her statement endorsing the governor.

“Governor Hochul stepped up to lead New York in a moment rife with skepticism and mistrust for Albany. As governor, she has prioritized rebuilding trust between her administration and New Yorkers, and delivering results,” Butler said.

“Her leadership has been integral to effective management of the COVID-19 pandemic and a reexamination of the sexual harassment culture in the capital,” she added.

Butler said Hochul will “continue to put the people of New York first, as she has done during her decades of public service, and will lift up women, children, and underserved communities.”

Getting kind of hard to see how Letitia James runs now. One of her major sources of primary funding just got cut off.

I read that James never a good fundraiser in the first place. Hochul was outraising her even before taking office.

I just hope James declines to run and instead runs for reelection as Attorney General. Ideally, Hochul and James then endorse each other.

Not sure it matter that much, but Hochul and Benjamin also received some upstate endorsements lately (not that I think it matter a whole lot, she's probably dominating Upstate in the primary anyway):

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1068 on: October 16, 2021, 02:50:22 PM »

Funny coming from the girl who owes Buffalo $700+  in vehicle fines. She'll be back in the workforce in a few weeks, thankfully.

The Ray Goldfield rec on this idiotic comment is just *chef's kiss*.

MAGAcrats gonna MAGA
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1069 on: October 16, 2021, 11:15:26 PM »

I read that James never a good fundraiser in the first place. Hochul was outraising her even before taking office.

I just hope James declines to run and instead runs for reelection as Attorney General. Ideally, Hochul and James then endorse each other.

Not sure it matter that much, but Hochul and Benjamin also received some upstate endorsements lately (not that I think it matter a whole lot, she's probably dominating Upstate in the primary anyway):

Judging by her appearance here in Buffalo recently, I'd say AG James doesn't run.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #1070 on: October 25, 2021, 11:51:32 PM »

James has been making some campaign hires

In recent weeks, the team has made four significant new hires, most prominently Celinda Lake, the veteran Democratic strategist who served as one of the two lead pollsters for President Biden in the 2020 campaign, according to multiple people familiar with the hire and confirmed by one of the four people recently brought on board.

The addition of advisers like Ms. Lake, a longtime party pollster who has a background in electing female candidates, would strongly suggest that Ms. James is gearing up for a high-profile, competitive race — rather than focusing on her current run for re-election as state attorney general.

She has also hired Kimberly Peeler-Allen, a close ally and the co-founder of the group Higher Heights for America — a major organization dedicated to helping Black women win elected office — as a senior adviser and a campaign coordinator.

And she has brought on two operatives who have significant local and national fund-raising experience.

Ms. James is currently running for re-election as attorney general, but her campaign staff is expected to quickly transition to a run for governor if she ultimately challenges Gov. Kathy Hochul in what would be an expensive and historic Democratic primary contest.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1071 on: October 27, 2021, 04:39:55 PM »

Looks like we are getting the Hochul ideal scenario with 3+ serious candidates.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1072 on: October 27, 2021, 07:04:26 PM »

Letita James's best chance is if Williams drops down to Lieutenant Governor or stays in place and attempts to challenge Eric Adams in 2025 (which, barring Adams suddenly becoming very popular, is a winnable primary),and for Suozzi and De Blasio to stay out (maybe De Blasio runs for Lieutenant Governor instead-he can probably beat Brian Benjamin in that primary). I think she can beat Hochul one-on-one, largely because Hochul's voting record in Congress was significantly to the right of James's on the New York Council, and her statewide record is to the right of James's as Attorney General.

If James attacks her consistently on that, she should win the primary.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #1073 on: October 27, 2021, 09:08:41 PM »

Atlas said James wouldn’t run tho. Anyway, it’ll be interesting to see if Williams stays in. My gut says he drops out (or maybe down to LG) because he has no shot with James in, but idk.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1074 on: October 28, 2021, 11:34:15 AM »
« Edited: October 28, 2021, 11:38:33 AM by MAGugh »

What an ugly primary this is going to be. Will be far more toxic than Cuomo vs. Nixon.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies