Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:45:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 127963 times)
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 25, 2021, 12:08:18 PM »

My sense is Raffensperger is still pretty popular even among most Republicans here in the N Atl suburbs (which also tend to have the highest turnout in the R primaries), so I'm not convinced Hice would take him out in a primary. I would also think the State Establishment R circles would also strongly back Raffensperger against Hice, which carries some weight given most voters probably don't know who Hice is.

That said, if Hice does win, barring the Ds nominating someone truly crazy (someone along the lines of Cynthia McKinney), I do think the race would be the Dems' to lose.

McKinney is now a Libertarian and I'm pretty sure she endorsed Trump last year.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 04:26:50 PM »

John Barrow should primary Warnock. If he managed to win, the general is safe D.

He'd be lucky to get 20% in that primary.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 11:07:03 PM »

John Barrow should primary Warnock. If he managed to win, the general is safe D.

Why?

It's mostly a joke, But Ossoff and Warnock are not my kind of Democrat.

They're not as similar as many seem to think. Ossoff is more technocratic, wonky and culturally liberal. He's also further left on immigration than Warnock and perhaps more of an interventionist, though that remains to be seen.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2021, 08:40:54 PM »

Hopefully Andre Dickens can edge out Kasim for the second spot in the mayoral runoff. Not looking likely though.

Glad I don't live in the city limits, what terrible choices.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2021, 09:56:51 PM »

I know very little about Dickens, but I've heard a lot about Felicia Moore and none of it was positive, so hopefully he keeps a strong lead.

Oh and thank goodness Kasim is out too. Moore vs. Reed really would've been a race to the bottom.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2021, 10:20:06 PM »

40% of the vote in, Dickens now up 62-38.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2021, 11:09:55 PM »

Moore is on track to do worse in the runoff than the first round, not an easy feat. She really didn't do herself any favors - got very chummy with some Trump supporters, promised to shut down all strip clubs, had few if any ideas for improving the city. Dickens, from what I can see, ran a positive, consensus based campaign and is now reaping the rewards.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2021, 12:39:17 PM »

A DSA councilman, khalid kamau has won the South Fulton mayoralty. He intentionally leaves the first letters of his name small, following a Yoruba tradition that emphasizes the community over the individual.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2022, 09:12:07 AM »

I’m voting for the following in the big races

Kemp
Black
Miller
Raffensperger

Other than Kemp they will all lose.

Just voted. Not much on the ballot for Dems, went with the incumbent in my state house and voted for Warnock. Most races were unopposed.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2022, 12:12:04 AM »

The 2024 election in Georgia is safe now, PA and AZ are the bigger concern at the moment.

Herschel Walker also ran 15-25 points behind Kemp in the Atlanta area counties, you can see the weakness he'll have relative to Kemp in November. Warnock needs to run a moderate campaign, attack Walker's past and not do campaign events with Abrams (who is cooked).

Warnock comes off mild mannered and moderate despite a fairly solid D voting record. He doesn't endlessly self promote or put on a show like Stacey. He speaks directly to the voters in his ads and makes appeals to faith, family and kitchen table issues.

It's the perfect formula for this state, but a perfect formula may not be enough to hold off the wave. Tilt D.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies