Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:15:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 127978 times)
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 25, 2021, 08:10:41 PM »

At the rally in GA today Trump apparently said Stacy Abrams would be a better governor for the state than Brian Kemp.

He can say that if he likes, but the fact remains that there's not yet a more credible opposition candidate to Brian Kemp than Vernon Jones, and one imagines there's a reason that Jones hasn't yet received the laying on of hands. Maybe David Perdue will see fit to run, but otherwise I don't know whom it could be.

I don't think Perdue is going to run for anything. If I were his age and super-rich, I'd just want to enjoy retirement.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 02:26:49 PM »

Hot take: Perdue would have a better chance in the general election than Kemp. Perdue only lost by 1.2%, and only because Democrats were more motivated than Republicans. In November 2022, that will not be the case.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 02:39:57 PM »

Perdue can absolutely win the general. He only lost the Senate runoff by 1.2%, and that was with the national environment much worse for Republicans than it's going to be in November 2022.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 07:02:16 PM »

He does have a platform. He just isn't going to say it out loud for fear of it backfiring.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2021, 01:45:27 PM »

I can't imagine Perdue running a campaign on the rhetoric that won Dems the Georgia Senate Runoffs will do him any favors in the general. Kemp would be stronger in the ATL suburbs and would be more competitive against Abrams.

January 2021 was a much better environment for Democrats than November of 2022 will be. Plus, Perdue didn't lose by very much. He's going to win the primary and general election.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2022, 09:37:36 AM »

Even if he wins in November, I have hard time imagining him winning a second term in 2028.

It would depend on the national environment and how much Georgia snaps back. Look at VA-GOV 2021.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2022, 07:50:01 AM »

Although Kemp's not much different than Perdue, it will still be satisfying to see Perdue's political career end with him humiliating himself like this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies